Ok-who's from Illinois?

Hi everyone! We're from Mount Greenwood in Chicago although I grew up in Frankfort and our most of our family lives in Frankfort/Tinley/New Lenox so we're always there.

Appears that we are as southern as anyone checking in. We reside in Sesser which is 35 miles north of Carbondale.

Hi, we're in Beverly, just next to Mt. Greenwood, in Chicago. (Hi neighbor) There was also some about 4 blocks from us, who moved to Indiana. And, we know another family in Riverdale who I'm sure isn't on this board. Also met someone at work a few years ago who lives in Garfield Ridge.

We've lived in Rockford for the past four years. Surprised I haven't come across anyone else from the Rockford area yet since it's a pretty big city for Illinois.

Although - we did have someone from DeKalb and another from Sycamore - we did live in Genoa for 2 1/2 years.

Finally, grew up on the far southeast side of Chicago (lived there about 25 years). The community was called Hegewisch. Anyone here heard of it??

Surprised by how many are from Orland/New Lenox. My brother lives in New Lenox and teaches at Carl Sandburg and his wife teaches at Providence.

DVCNEWBIE - Were your parents at WDW last week? I met a lady on the bus who was a DVC member who lived in Zion. Just curious...

Originally posted by cheyita

Finally, grew up on the far southeast side of Chicago (lived there about 25 years). The community was called Hegewisch. Anyone here heard of it??

I grew up on the SE side of the city too.. And i know where Hegewisch is.. my Dad had a real estate office on 98th and Ewing.. small world

We're from Crystal Lake, about 50 minutes NW of Chicago. I grew up in Buffalo Grove and DH grew up in Park Ridge. Just for the record, this Illinois mom stopped at one kid!

CLC Tiger Pom Mom:cheer2:

OK, those of you who grew up in the Frankfort/New Lenox area: Did you go to Lincoln Way, and if so what year did you graduate?

I went there and graduated 1980. Any chance we were classmates?:thewave:

Holy Moly!!! I have been aware from the boards for the past four days with my oldest DH in the hospital-I can't believe how many people have posted! It's nice to have new neighbors!

Sarah

Although I live in South Florida, I grew up in Libertyville (north of Chicago). I miss a lot of things except for the winters.

:teeth:

We are from the Lilac Village..........LOMBARD!
:wave2:
We have 3 kids......girl, boy, girl.
It is amazing, everytime we visit, there is usually someone from Illinios about!

I grew up on the SE side of the city too.. And i know where Hegewisch is.. may Dad had a real estate office on 98th and Ewing.. small world

Hey, I went to school at SFDS at 101st and Ewing in the 60s. Know Hegewish very well also.

Great! Two East Siders! My DH went to Washington. I went to Noll. Between the three of us on here, we can probably establish about two or three degrees of seperation, since everyone knew everyone down there.

My DH is from southern Illinois - Norris City, Carmi, El Dorado area.
Anyone else from there?

Checking in here from Oak Forest! Our family consists of me, my DH and two children, DS (7) & DD (4).

House of Princesses, I grew up in Mokena, and Yes, I did go to Lincoln-Way. Although I graduated in 1985. What a small world!

Our Disney "Home" is Vero Beach, although we will be at the BoardWalk in two weeks!!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter