OK, I need some expert advice...

Margaret West

Disney Believer
I too have been waiting for the mystical AP rates to be announced for May. My delimma, I have a concierge garden room booked at YC. Exspensive, yes. I booked it as room only through CRO with payment due at check-in and also used AEF code. We wanted to try Concierge because we have never done it and we thought we might save time and money by having b'fast in the lounge every morning and snacks whenever needed. This was also done with the hope that AP rates would come out and save us some money on the room. Now that AP rates are not out and may not indeed come out at all for May I was thinking of changing from concierge to a standard, if room is available and making a grocery stop for b'fast items. My question is should I try to wait and see if AP rates come out or change now if I can. My ressie does not mention a charge for making changes. I really want to stay at YC concierge but I really want to save a little $$ if I can.
What would you do?

I would probably just go ahead and switch to a standard room. For breakfast you can go down to the lobby bar... they have coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, cereal, etc and I thought the prices were reasonable. They have trays so you can take your food to your room, and they have tables if you want to eat there.

Or you can always grab breakfast at the park... we like to stop at the Main St. Bakery in MK, and also Tusker House at AK.

Or, you could just buy some donuts or something and eat in your room. :)

To be honest I'd change too. I'd love to be able to stay in concierge but I just can't justify the difference in rate and I certainly wouldn't pay that much for breakfast - but I would also use that excuse to my DBF should I need it in the future.

Go with your heart - if concierge is really important to you and you don't think you're gonna get the chance again then stick with it. If $$$ is the motivator then I would book a standard ROM aswell and pay the deposit and then cancel if the AP rates come out or cancel the Concierge if they don't. You'll still get your deposit back if it's within the terms.

Ofcourse even if and when AP rates do come out there's no guarantee that there'll be an AP rate for Concierge.

Thanks you guys.
It is not that it is so important to me to stay in concierge as much as it is that I wanted it to be an extra special trip with a little pampering. We only average a trip every 2 years, in between we go to the beach for a week.
Keep the comments coming.
I will be out of pocket for a short while but want to see what others think also.
You guys are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter