***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

Yay!! You will have a blast!!

We did a split stay at Dockside/Hard Rock our last trip. Buses at the end of the night were the worst for us, every night at Dockside. The meetup night was prob not as bad as previous nights but there is still a decent line. Now, I would suggest being one of the last out of the parks if you can hang in that long. The buses run for about an hour after city walk closes, if I recall, you also have city walk people riding and not just meetup. Either way you will still have a good time and they send multiple buses at the end of the night and they pack you on!
Thanks for all the info!! I am really excited!! Will be reading up on everything.

IT'S DONE!!! :bounce: :jumping3:
I actually purchased for both Fri & Sat nights!!! I am so excited!!!

Now to figure out some room options..........I am booked RP (no discount) for Fri-Wed....was watching for APH rates
Knowing OI discount may not come up.....since they are sold out.

But was playing around today, I was able to grab SE Dockside for OI discount @ $89 a night!!! booked that for Fri & Sat nights. Will modify the RP to Sun-Wed/this will give us EP for those days.
Hoping to work with mfly & get this moved to HRH.

with what I have right now..........Dockside Fri & Sat.......sleep in a little on Sun & move to RP for Sun-Wed.

QUESTION.........are the buses to Dockside bad leaving the OI Meetup?
I’ll PM you to coordinate!

Yay!! You will have a blast!!

We did a split stay at Dockside/Hard Rock our last trip. Buses at the end of the night were the worst for us, every night at Dockside. The meetup night was prob not as bad as previous nights but there is still a decent line. Now, I would suggest being one of the last out of the parks if you can hang in that long. The buses run for about an hour after city walk closes, if I recall, you also have city walk people riding and not just meetup. Either way you will still have a good time and they send multiple buses at the end of the night and they pack you on!
We booked offsite because we couldn't get the discounted rooms. The biggest reason was trying to find a room at Endless Sumer was for the convenience of the busses. But sounds like we might be better off with uber/lyft anyhow. Have heard mention of busses being lined up greatly from a few places. We've always stayed at Cabana Bay before and they were never too bad. Guess farther away at a bigger property makes for longer lines. Probably stick with our current now instead of looking for openings since we'll have a bigger room and be closer to Disney Springs for our stops to Disney properties as well

We booked offsite because we couldn't get the discounted rooms. The biggest reason was trying to find a room at Endless Sumer was for the convenience of the busses. But sounds like we might be better off with uber/lyft anyhow. Have heard mention of busses being lined up greatly from a few places. We've always stayed at Cabana Bay before and they were never too bad. Guess farther away at a bigger property makes for longer lines. Probably stick with our current now instead of looking for openings since we'll have a bigger room and be closer to Disney Springs for our stops to Disney properties as well

Most nights the buses were plentiful, but say they have maybe 3 buses that service Dockside & Surfside combined, if you had just missed the 3 buses, then you're waiting about 15-20 mins for them to come back. So one night we were in line and they had 2 reg buses and 1 people eater bus as I call them, and we still didn't make it on those three buses, the line was all the back to the escalator before the buses came. We were at the entrance to the line so to speak. I will say that is usually the issue right after the parks close, if you can wait, do some shopping, cruise through city walk grab a drink/snack or something and wait a bit, the lines will clear out and it won't be that bad. That works great when you don't have young kids that are whining they are tired etc LOL We never waited for buses long during the morning or afternoon, just night time was the back up.

I will say it was still worth it for us to stay onsite, we usually stay off site and have to drive in/out and I didn't want to worry about that after 12:30 and 1: 30 am end times! To many crazy folks out driving after that time for me LOL and plus being exhausted myself, I just didn't want to drive after being in the parks for hours and hours. Either way you'll have a great time!

Are the shops in Citywalk usually still open that late after the meetups or just the bars?

Are the shops in Citywalk usually still open that late after the meetups or just the bars?
Pretty sure they were, I just don't know how late though! UO website says the Universal Store in City Walk is open until midnight, so I imagine most are around that time, but I imagine they have seasonal hours as well.

I'm so excited.............started out with Royal Pacific Fri-Wed no discount rate. Then I found Dockside OI rate Fri & Sat and was able to grab Hard Rock Sun-Wed OI rate. I kept checking the reservation site & today was able to modify my reservation & now have Hard Rock Fri-Wed $175 OI rate. I am overboard excited!!!
I purchased both nights of OI Meetup.

Of course, I canceled RPR & got my refund a few days ago (no issues!!). I still have Dockside OI rate for Fri & Sat, if anyone is looking. I can hang on to them for a bit incase someone jumps on the board that I can try to coordinate with.

Thanks for all your info........this wouldn't be happening with out you all!!! :thanks:
now to find decent flights.......Southwest has gone crazy with their price for those dates.

I'm so excited.............started out with Royal Pacific Fri-Wed no discount rate. Then I found Dockside OI rate Fri & Sat and was able to grab Hard Rock Sun-Wed OI rate. I kept checking the reservation site & today was able to modify my reservation & now have Hard Rock Fri-Wed $175 OI rate. I am overboard excited!!!

Of course, I canceled RPR & got my refund a few days ago (no issues!!). I still have Dockside OI rate for Fri & Sat, if anyone is looking. I can hang on to them for a bit incase someone jumps on the board that I can try to coordinate with.

Thanks for all your info........this wouldn't be happening with out you all!!! :thanks:
now to find decent flights.......Southwest has gone crazy with their price for those dates.

Awesome! I kept checking for this past June and was able to get Hard Rock for the last half of our trip, we did Dockside the first half. I liked both for different reasons lol. I think people cancel a lot of times because things change, go for cheaper hotels or got the one they really wanted etc. I think @maverik85 was looking for dockside rooms, maybe they will chime in if they see this.

:bounce: :bounce: 120 Days til the November Meetup!!! :bounce::bounce:

Who is excited?? I know I am, I am so looking forward to the cooler weather! I am hoping it'll be a little less crowded than our June trip but with it being the start of Thanksgiving week, who knows. This year we can't judge by last year and everyone is tired of being home LOL fingers crossed it won't be too bad!

Have you been calling or checking online for rates to free up? I’m going in December and it won’t let me look online.

Have you been calling or checking online for rates to free up? I’m going in December and it won’t let me look online.
I tried calling 1 time but was on hold too long so gave up. I checked online several times a day. Just through the link on Orlando Informer site.

Awesome! I kept checking for this past June and was able to get Hard Rock for the last half of our trip, we did Dockside the first half. I liked both for different reasons lol. I think people cancel a lot of times because things change, go for cheaper hotels or got the one they really wanted etc. I think @maverik85 was looking for dockside rooms, maybe they will chime in if they see this.
I actually would like Dockside and was looking forward to staying there. But without a car, I would rather not have to move resorts........so, I'm thrilled!!!
This 1st trip is looking to be fantastic!!!

:bounce: :bounce: 120 Days til the November Meetup!!! :bounce::bounce:

Who is excited?? I know I am, I am so looking forward to the cooler weather! I am hoping it'll be a little less crowded than our June trip but with it being the start of Thanksgiving week, who knows. This year we can't judge by last year and everyone is tired of being home LOL fingers crossed it won't be too bad!
I am very excited..........didn't realize it was 120 days left!! Thanks for sharing
I was at Disney the past 2 years for the days up to Thanksgiving.........and even with Covid, it was still packed. So, I expect Universal to be busy too. Doesn't bother me too much.....I still make the best of it.
It's better than being at work!!!

I figure the parks will be decorated for Christmas during these dates. Will the Grinch be at the OI Meetup? Or is this something we just have to wait to see?

Also.......since this is our 1st time...and we are doing both OI nights, then 3 days in the parks with EP.....what rides should we make sure we do at the Meetup? Is Hagrid's easier to get on during the Meetup?

What is the deal on the Pteranodon Flyers? Is that not open for anyone to ride?

sorry if I don't know all the names/acronyms yet =)

sorry, was reading on my phone today & didn't catch that you said you couldn't check online.
What I did, using my cell phone....would go to the OI Meetup site where I bought tickets. Clicked on "hotel discounts & FAQs". Where it says "tap here for Nov 19-20"....that would take me to where you can put in the dates (mine seems to default to 19 & 20). Scroll down under the globe & if something is available, it will show there. If no resort shows, then nothing is opened. Again, I tried several times a day & when something would be there, it would almost catch me off guard since I was used to NOTHING.
I would see Dockside show up occasionally. Then the other day, Hard Rock.
I quickly went to the top & pulled my reservation for Sun-Wed up & modified the dates.......and it worked!!! I was so thrilled & shocked, I jumped online to make sure it went through.

good luck!!! there's still alot of time left so, hopefully you will find what you want!!

Last edited:
I figure the parks will be decorated for Christmas during these dates. Will the Grinch be at the OI Meetup? Or is this something we just have to wait to see?

Also.......since this is our 1st time...and we are doing both OI nights, then 3 days in the parks with EP.....what rides should we make sure we do at the Meetup? Is Hagrid's easier to get on during the Meetup?

What is the deal on the Pteranodon Flyers? Is that not open for anyone to ride?

sorry if I don't know all the names/acronyms yet =)
Not sure about the Grinch but I hope so! They will release more info closer to date :) Hagrids does not use the virtual line during the meetup, but the line can still be longish, but not as long as during the day esp since velocicoaster will be open during the meetup as well. Almost all the other rides will be nearly walk on, or less than 10 for sure like Hulk/Rip Ride Rocket. We basically walked on to all the rides never waited more than 5 mins and that was mainly loading times. It is such a night and day difference, you will be like WOW!

Pteranodon flyers are open during the meetup but it's a lottery based ticket ride. OI will send an email closer to time that asks if you are interested in riding and to fill out the form if so. Then the do random draw and they will email you if you get a ticket to ride. :) Sometimes you can ride close to closing time if they have open spots, just have to check.

Not sure about the Grinch but I hope so! They will release more info closer to date :) Hagrids does not use the virtual line during the meetup, but the line can still be longish, but not as long as during the day esp since velocicoaster will be open during the meetup as well. Almost all the other rides will be nearly walk on, or less than 10 for sure like Hulk/Rip Ride Rocket. We basically walked on to all the rides never waited more than 5 mins and that was mainly loading times. It is such a night and day difference, you will be like WOW!

Pteranodon flyers are open during the meetup but it's a lottery based ticket ride. OI will send an email closer to time that asks if you are interested in riding and to fill out the form if so. Then the do random draw and they will email you if you get a ticket to ride. :) Sometimes you can ride close to closing time if they have open spots, just have to check.
Thanks for the info!!
I can't wait!!! We will purchase AP & w/staying at HRH, I am looking forward to not stressing out about planning. I am the one that plans to the min at Disney w/fast pass stalking, too. During Covid, I actually liked not having FP.......so, I know this will be a nice trip for me!!!
I am over excited about this meetup!!! So glad I saw this thread!!

Thanks for the info!!
I can't wait!!! We will purchase AP & w/staying at HRH, I am looking forward to not stressing out about planning. I am the one that plans to the min at Disney w/fast pass stalking, too. During Covid, I actually liked not having FP.......so, I know this will be a nice trip for me!!!
I am over excited about this meetup!!! So glad I saw this thread!!
Yea I love Disney, but hate how much advance planning it takes now. Universal seems so much more relaxed in comparison where you can pretty much do what you want when you want.
I always wished they'd go back to the original Fastpass system at Disney where they were just given out day of at the park. Even fi they kept it digital and had general kiosks set up.

Yea I love Disney, but hate how much advance planning it takes now. Universal seems so much more relaxed in comparison where you can pretty much do what you want when you want.
I always wished they'd go back to the original Fastpass system at Disney where they were just given out day of at the park. Even fi they kept it digital and had general kiosks set up.
I personally didn't like the paper ones.......mainly because I could not run around the park getting them...LOL And I'm old enough to remember the ticket books, where you had a certain number of tickets per land.
I will say, during Covid, not going through FP line, I saw more & enjoyed more.

I do like not having to be at rides by a certain time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter