****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

And now they announced Veloci-coaster June 10th lol of course :) but I am kind of glad it's not opening same weekend as the meetup, it's going to be INSANE when they do open! I am crossing fingers/toes we might get a preview, but not banking on it LOL

And now they announced Veloci-coaster June 10th lol of course :) but I am kind of glad it's not opening same weekend as the meetup, it's going to be INSANE when they do open! I am crossing fingers/toes we might get a preview, but not banking on it LOL

I missed MMRR at Dis by 2 days last year after going to the February meet up and now I’m going to miss this one by 2 days after this meet up. I can’t catch a break, LOL.

I missed MMRR at Dis by 2 days last year after going to the February meet up and now I’m going to miss this one by 2 days after this meet up. I can’t catch a break, LOL.

I hear you! We were there the week before or around that time they opened Kong the last time we were there LOL should have known it would be later in June! lol Ah well, all the more reason to go back!

Do you think Friday's announcement will be the meetup during HHN or a Christmas one?

They’re teasing that the next meet up will sell out faster than ever before so that’s gotta be HHN, right? I don’t see what draw they could use for another December one that they haven’t had for previous ones.

I am thinking they are adding one between now and December. I am hoping for only December. I love going to them but I don't think I can pull off financially going to an "extra" one. I already have a fall break trip planned the first of October with one day at Disney.

I am so happy it's for December! Already have my flights planned. It will be a quick there and back trip since my daughter will be in school. Will be purchasing my tickets and reserving a room next Friday.

I was so happy to see December BUT then I remembered the 2nd weekend of the month is ALWAYS busy for us. Both of my younger kids are in theatre performing schools and they ALWAYS have shows that weekend. While I'd love to sneak away without them lol I can't miss their shows either. And there is no way to know for sure whether they will happen thanks covid until the school year starts and they put out that info in Aug/Sept sometime, looks like we'll miss the meetup. BOOOOOO. I still think we'll make a trip though in Dec because we have AP's and want to get a Christmas trip in and then one more early next summer before they run out.

Hi! For those of you who have been to a meet up and Universal: what are your thoughts on a mama taking her 11-year-old daughter to the Friday, June 4 meet up as first-time visitors? We've never been to the parks before, but my daughter is a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I'm thinking this may be a good birthday/elementary school "grad" gift for her? Thoughts? Will she/we get to experience enough HP land in one night?

My husband and I are taking our daughter who is 10:yo for the meetup. We did not get daytime tickets. due to the heat and it would be a long day We are planning to sleep in and then pooltime. We are staying on site. I think one night focusing on all this HP would be doable but not to expect to see everything.

I'm going to be completely honest that I cannot believe how quickly the December meet up sold out. I'll be interested to see if this is the new norm or if this is the result of it being the first meet up where a lot of people are finally more comfortable traveling now that the vaccine is more readily available, etc.

We are taking our kids, 11 and 16 to the meetups. My 11 yr old will be able to hang, she did Disney with us til 1 am during 2018 and she was younger :D shes so ready! We tend to take midday naps (all of us) when we are going to be at the parks til the early morning hours.

I'm going to be completely honest that I cannot believe how quickly the December meet up sold out. I'll be interested to see if this is the new norm or if this is the result of it being the first meet up where a lot of people are finally more comfortable traveling now that the vaccine is more readily available, etc.
I am but not at the same time! I mean I expected it to sell out earlier than June, but not necessarily within the first hour! I see a lot of people upset on some groups I am in, but I am like, they have been telling you it was likely to sell out. I don't want them to add more capacity because it takes away from the event perks of less crowds, essentially no lines etc. It seems Taylor is sticking to that so if he adds a second weekend in Dec, maybe people would be happy? Who knows, I'd love one, but not sure still if we could make it or not.

Either way come on June!!

We are taking our kids, 11 and 16 to the meetups. My 11 yr old will be able to hang, she did Disney with us til 1 am during 2018 and she was younger :D shes so ready! We tend to take midday naps (all of us) when we are going to be at the parks til the early morning hours.

I am but not at the same time! I mean I expected it to sell out earlier than June, but not necessarily within the first hour! I see a lot of people upset on some groups I am in, but I am like, they have been telling you it was likely to sell out. I don't want them to add more capacity because it takes away from the event perks of less crowds, essentially no lines etc. It seems Taylor is sticking to that so if he adds a second weekend in Dec, maybe people would be happy? Who knows, I'd love one, but not sure still if we could make it or not.

Either way come on June!!
I always see it posted that it will sell out soon. But tickets were still available for a couple months after they went on sale. Of course the one time I have someone that would go with me and they actually do sell out right away lol. Just my luck

I am looking forward to going on the 5th with my DH and two of our friends. I have been to events like this at other parks and enjoy them. I think it is worth the money even being a passholder.

I didn't even try for the December one it is to far away for me to know if we could go. I will look at others in the future.

I got on at 10:00 am and had my tickets by 10:02. By 10:03 I couldn't get a hotel room with the OI rate. I spent two hours refreshing the screen and finally snagged a Sapphire Falls room. Was trying for Portifino Bay. It would be in my cart and by the time I entered my billing info and click reserve, my cart would be empty. I probably did this 15 different times. It was insane.

I hope this excitement is because of the Velocicoaster opening. I don't want to have to fight for a room and ticket each time. That would be disappointing.

TBH, I was also surprised it sold out that quickly. I figured it would sell out faster than others, but not within the hour. We had no plans to attend in December so it was kind of fun to watch the madness since I had no skin in the game!

We are really looking forward to June now, though I'm slightly panicking about whether or not we'll have a rental car for our St. Augustine portion of the trip when we get there! 🤞

I've been seeing on the news about the rental car shortages and on FB about how long the lines were at the airport rental car stands. It's crazy how a pandemic can cause a rental car shortage.

Well I am sure you all saw but yay for 2 more meetups!

Nov 19 & 20
Dec 3 & 4
Tickets on sale Monday 4/26 at 10 am EDT

We are so hoping to go for the November dates as we were already talking about a trip that exact weekend and early week before Thanksgiving. Now to double check finances and such, it'll be part of the kids Christmas presents! Anyone else thinking about going one of those new dates, if we can get tickets ;) ?

I’m going to try for the November dates because we are already booked to be there that week. Hopefully, we can get tickets because I’ll be in the middle of a crown replacement.

I prefer the Nov dates to the Dec ones, but all of them are likely too close to Christmas for us to justify the cost. Since June will be our first meetup, I feel like I should wait until after we do this one to see if it's something we want to do again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter