***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

Hi everybody! I'm from Chile, but I've been going to Orlando since I was 3 years old, so I'm pretty familiar with the parks. This will be my first OI Meetup, and I'm going by myself. I was able to grab a reservation at Aventura Hotel. It's my first time staying at a Universal Hotel, so I'm really excited for this, for the low crowds and the complimentary food! I'm a picky eater so this is a great oportunity for me to try some of the park food without having to pay for it hahhhahahaha. I've done parks and I did HHN by myself last September, will this be an event were I will feel weird being by myself?

We did Disney during covid, Nov 2020 & May 2021. I am fine with wearing masks if needed (would rather not but, will) I just don't want things canceled.

We had just returned from a cruise 1st week March 2020, stayed 1 night at Disney, woke up to the news "Temperature checks now at Port Canaveral".......ugh. We had not booked anymore & glad we haven't had to deal with any cancelations. fingers crossed on this upcoming one!!!

Now, for Alaska......1st off, congrats on 20 years!!! Our very 1st cruise was for our 25th anniversary.......and we've past our 42nd anniversary now :D (our 40th was spent on a private island in Belize....if you ever want a romantic peaceful trip, I can let you know the name.....so nice!!)
We did an Alaskan cruise a few years ago. Do not remove it from your bucket list!!! It was the best cruise we've ever done. We did it up nice with excursions, Dog Sledding, float plane flying, whale watching, helicopter site seeing, etc.... The whale watching turned into a trip around Eagle Island, which I was in heaven watching those beautiful birds. We only did a 7day cruise.......if you can do a land tour, too, that would be my dream!!

anyways.......stay warm tonight. Was surprised with the snow this morning. We had it on our deck but, roads were fine.......just so darn cold. I know Huntsville probably got a nice layer.

I agree on the mask sentiments for sure. oh I bet those were wonderful cruises!! Alaska is still on there, I really want a land/cruise tour, so maybe we can make that happen for the 25th! I knew deep down we prob were not going to get to go, so I didn’t book any excursions or really research them too much. We watched a few vloggers we like for ideas but that was it. I would love to know more about Belize, you can pm me if you would like! I love to travel, covid is cramping my style 😂

The snow was/is beautiful, I think we had about 5 inches maybe, I will see if I can post a pic from my phone down below.
We start back school tomorrow, so hopefully on time! Though I did see a possibility for snow on Thurs! Welcome to Alabama where the seasons are made up and we don’t know what to wear! 😂🤣🌞⛈🌪🌨❄️☃️💨

Attachments

• 8FAEE5F9-3430-4B47-B466-D05EFAB49A2F.jpeg
    8FAEE5F9-3430-4B47-B466-D05EFAB49A2F.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi everybody! I'm from Chile, but I've been going to Orlando since I was 3 years old, so I'm pretty familiar with the parks. This will be my first OI Meetup, and I'm going by myself. I was able to grab a reservation at Aventura Hotel. It's my first time staying at a Universal Hotel, so I'm really excited for this, for the low crowds and the complimentary food! I'm a picky eater so this is a great oportunity for me to try some of the park food without having to pay for it hahhhahahaha. I've done parks and I did HHN by myself last September, will this be an event were I will feel weird being by myself?

Welcome to the June meetup thread! You will be so glad you stayed on property, esp at 2 am when it is time to go back! No driving, unless you really want, the ease, the ahh relaxation! I have not stayed there but it looks nice! I want to try each of the hotels out! So far we have done Dockside, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific. I too am a picky eater, so I can understand the trying new food without paying! Makes perfect sense/cents 😉 to me!

I don’t think you will find any issues about being at the meetup alone. I see many walking around solo and honestly I have not come across any rude guests during the meetup. Everyone is happy to be there, no lines or waits, minus a couple of things-very minor- and just a friendlier atmosphere. Plus I am sure you’ll meet some people and have some conversations with them! This past Nov, I met a bunch of people randomly and had some good conversations :)

The snow was/is beautiful, I think we had about 5 inches maybe, I will see if I can post a pic from my phone down below.
We start back school tomorrow, so hopefully on time! Though I did see a possibility for snow on Thurs! Welcome to Alabama where the seasons are made up and we don’t know what to wear! 😂🤣🌞⛈🌪🌨❄☃💨

Love that picture of the snow. You did get a good bit. We didn't get enough to even show on the grass....just on the deck. I love snow but, as I'm getting older, this ice cold temps are not my favorite.

I agree on the mask sentiments for sure. oh I bet those were wonderful cruises!! Alaska is still on there, I really want a land/cruise tour, so maybe we can make that happen for the 25th! I knew deep down we prob were not going to get to go, so I didn’t book any excursions or really research them too much. We watched a few vloggers we like for ideas but that was it. I would love to know more about Belize, you can pm me if you would like! I love to travel, covid is cramping my style 😂

I love to travel too...I'll PM you the name & some info. That way this board can stay on topic :D

If you are watching this thread and have been thinking about buying tickets, I would do so asap! I think I saw where they were at least 80% sold out and the hotels with meetup pricing still available are Dockside, Surfside and Cabana Bay for now, don't delay in booking or buying tickets!

OT any guesses if there will be one again first weekend in December 2022?

There was one the first weekend in 2020 (I had a ticket for Dec 5 but decided not to go), and again in 2021, so I am guessing YES. My DH has a twice-cancelled scuba trip to the Caymans in Dec so I am hoping to go solo.

This will be my second meetup. I went solo last June. Had so much fun and made some new friends. The night before meetup there was a "pre meetup" at Lone Palm Airport Bar near Margariteville. Hope we can get a group to do it again.

Hi everyone. My name is Amber and though I try to get to Universal every year, this will be my first Meetup! My SIL and I are taking advantage of our kids going on a trip with their grandma to sneak away and do the meetup with just us two! We are very excited. I wasn't able to snag RPR at the group rate, but I booked it anyway. We are doing both nights of the meetup and just really love RPR. Do any of you know how likely it is that some rooms there become available at the group rate later on? I know the rate wasn't great, but any amount I can save is better than nothing! Either way, I can't wait to enjoy my very first meetup and adults only trip to my favorite place!

It is possible, but most likely will not know until closer to June, they could even throw a spring one in, you never know with OI! lol Sign up for their emails and you will get notice asap when there is another one :)

This will be my second meetup. I went solo last June. Had so much fun and made some new friends. The night before meetup there was a "pre meetup" at Lone Palm Airport Bar near Margariteville. Hope we can get a group to do it again.
Hi there and welcome! Our first was last June and it was so much fun, minus that rain the first night haha, but still when it stopped, it was so fun! We had so many great memories from that trip. I wanted to come to the pre-meetup but just couldn't make it happen, maybe there will be another this year!

Hi everyone. My name is Amber and though I try to get to Universal every year, this will be my first Meetup! My SIL and I are taking advantage of our kids going on a trip with their grandma to sneak away and do the meetup with just us two! We are very excited. I wasn't able to snag RPR at the group rate, but I booked it anyway. We are doing both nights of the meetup and just really love RPR. Do any of you know how likely it is that some rooms there become available at the group rate later on? I know the rate wasn't great, but any amount I can save is better than nothing! Either way, I can't wait to enjoy my very first meetup and adults only trip to my favorite place!
Hi Amber and welcome! You are going to be so spoiled by this meetup and want to always do them LOL I would love to go kid free but sadly a few more years before that happens, it is still fun though! IMO yes keep checking the room rates and availability. We had booked dockside for our whole trip last June and I just kept checking back on the website from time to time for a premier to open up and low and behold I got Hard Rock for the second portion of our trip. People cancel all the time, esp with covid right now. So yes, keep checking!

:jumping1: 149 Days Left!!! :jumping1:

Not that I am excited or anything! So last meetup in Nov, we didn't get to see many shows like we wanted that were available during the meetup, so this June that is one of our priorities! Some of it was weather related, they had to postpone because stages were wet but maybe this time we'll be lucky! Question: What is your favorite butterbeer item??

Did you try calling them? Last June Cabana Bay was no longer available online for group rate when I tried to book it. So I called Universal and asked for the group rate for meet up and I was able to get Cabana Bay.

Did you try calling them? Last June Cabana Bay was no longer available online for group rate when I tried to book it. So I called Universal and asked for the group rate for meet up and I was able to get Cabana Bay.

No, I honestly didn't even think about that! I will do that today! Thanks!

It is snowing here in Arkansas and I am dreaming of warm summer days at Universal! Can't wait for June!

:jumping1: 149 Days Left!!! :jumping1:

Not that I am excited or anything! So last meetup in Nov, we didn't get to see many shows like we wanted that were available during the meetup, so this June that is one of our priorities! Some of it was weather related, they had to postpone because stages were wet but maybe this time we'll be lucky! Question: What is your favorite butterbeer item??
Since Nov was my 1st time at Universal......and during the OI Meetup, I had to try it all.
Ice Cream, Frozen, Regular & Hot........even purchased the BB Fudge. And hands down, I loved the HOT.
But, I'm a hot coffee type person....can't do iced coffee.
Now I'm craving some Hot Butterbeer........gee thanks Frances :D

oh & 149 days!!! AWESOME!!! :banana:

I'm gonna have to go back and catch up on this thread, but it caught my eye. SO EXCITED that DH and I will be attending our very first meetup!! Of course a winter one would be ideal, but we are going to do this one because it is close enough to our 15 year wedding anniversary that we can consider it an anniversary celebration, and because while our kids are not coming with us, they will be out of school so it will be easier to have them stay with family and not miss any school (we don't live close enough to anyone who can keep them and get them back and forth to school every day). We are staying at the Hard Rock, and by the looks of how quickly the discounted rooms sold out there, we were lucky to get it! Since we have APs, we are staying June 2-7th and doing both Meetup nights

June will be here before we realize it. Sure hope all the covid spikes & flight cancelations are over & done with.
We have a cruise out of Port Canaveral at the end of Feb. Fingers crossed flights are not being canceled like they are now 😞

Which cruise are you going on? We are on the 2/26 7 night sailing on the Fantasy!

Since Nov was my 1st time at Universal......and during the OI Meetup, I had to try it all.
Ice Cream, Frozen, Regular & Hot........even purchased the BB Fudge. And hands down, I loved the HOT.
But, I'm a hot coffee type person....can't do iced coffee.
Now I'm craving some Hot Butterbeer........gee thanks Frances :D

oh & 149 days!!! AWESOME!!! :banana:

You're welcome :rotfl: haha, yes the HOT is the best, seriously! Even my husband who does not do coffee or hot drinks, LOVED it! I love the frozen, regular was just okay to me, but honestly I'll take about any butterbeer items! The fudge is good too, super sweet, but yum! The soft serve was ah-mazing. I have not had the packed or potted cream ones though lol, maybe this trip!

I'm gonna have to go back and catch up on this thread, but it caught my eye. SO EXCITED that DH and I will be attending our very first meetup!! Of course a winter one would be ideal, but we are going to do this one because it is close enough to our 15 year wedding anniversary that we can consider it an anniversary celebration, and because while our kids are not coming with us, they will be out of school so it will be easier to have them stay with family and not miss any school (we don't live close enough to anyone who can keep them and get them back and forth to school every day). We are staying at the Hard Rock, and by the looks of how quickly the discounted rooms sold out there, we were lucky to get it! Since we have APs, we are staying June 2-7th and doing both Meetup nights
Welcome to the thread! You are going to have such a great time at the meetup! We are there June 2-8, so very similar timing :) When is your anniversary? Ours is towards the end of May, so we always consider any late May/early June trips our anniversary trips, be sure to get a button! We are celebrating our 22nd anniversary this coming trip! We're also staying at Hard Rock, maybe we'll run into each other at some point :) Let us know if you have any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter