Ohana - restaurant or room service

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
hi all:wave:

Ohana's is one of my must do meals - mainly for the bread pudding!:goodvibes

We are hoping to stay at the Poly this year, and I understand that you can now book the ohanas dinner through room service :thumbsup2

Can I ask, has anyone tried it? How did it compare to eating it in the restaurant? How was the portion size? (Especially the dessert!!:rotfl:)

I know the meal won't include ice cream, but we would be staying in a DVC room so could always have our own icecream in the freezer to use:thumbsup2

Many thanks for any info:wave:

hi all:wave:

Ohana's is one of my must do meals - mainly for the bread pudding!:goodvibes

We are hoping to stay at the Poly this year, and I understand that you can now book the ohanas dinner through room service :thumbsup2

Can I ask, has anyone tried it? How did it compare to eating it in the restaurant? How was the portion size? (Especially the dessert!!:rotfl:)

I know the meal won't include ice cream, but we would be staying in a DVC room so could always have our own icecream in the freezer to use:thumbsup2

Many thanks for any info:wave:

I've never heard of this but THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Haha, curious to see if anyone knows the answer and can help you out! Ohana deliciousness right in your room?!?! That's Disney magic! :rotfl2:

I wonder what the cost is for the room service, compared to just eating in the restaurant. This is a great back up for someone who didn't get a reservation, (and is staying at the Polynesian).

I wonder what the cost is for the room service, compared to just eating in the restaurant. This is a great back up for someone who didn't get a reservation, (and is staying at the Polynesian).

The menu in the pictures says $40 Adults, $20 Children.

I thought about doing this but there doesn't seem to be much price difference. I think I would prefer to go to the restaurant and get exactly how much I want of this things I want.

We got this on our stay in September. The food was equally as good and the portions are HUGE. It's worth the cost.

I'm wondering how large the portions are. I'm thinking we could get away with ordering for three and splitting between the four of us.

You definitely can. We ordered for two, and there were three of us....we actually only ate half of the food between the three of us.

I may be in the minority but I prefer the atmosphere of the restaurant. I have never liked eating in my room.

I may be in the minority but I prefer the atmosphere of the restaurant. I have never liked eating in my room.

I prefer the restaurant too but our flight got in at 7pm and by the time we got to the resort, we didn't want to go anywhere.

When we stayed at the Poly in September we did this for myself and three college girls. We were attending the Halloween Party and wanted to eat quickly and not worry about having to wait past our ADR time. I ordered for three and we had plenty of food, even ate the leftovers when we came back to the room that evening and the Club CM's actually packed up our uneaten bread pudding and sauce for me to take home to hubby.

We just decided to book Poly for our upcoming trip. There's no a thing at Ohana I would eat but my husband would love it. I'm thinking the room service may be a nice compromise. Do you guys know if I could order something different off the room service menu for myself to be delivered with his order?

No personal experience with this, but I would find it hard to believe you could have room service items delivered into a restaurant.

I agree. I interpreted the question asking if you could order the 'OHana room service meal and an additional room service meal to eat in the room.
I would not expect to be able to order room service food to be delivered into a restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter