'Ohana or Chef Mickey?

Today is 180 days for me. When I tried to make reservations at Ohana for breakfast there was no availability. When the cast member checked for the whole week for breakfast, there was no availability. When I checked online for either breakfast or dinner, there was no availability. I started at 5am this morning. Is this strange? Was there some damage done or out for renovations?

Today is 180 days for me. When I tried to make reservations at Ohana for breakfast there was no availability. When the cast member checked for the whole week for breakfast, there was no availability. When I checked online for either breakfast or dinner, there was no availability. I started at 5am this morning. Is this strange? Was there some damage done or out for renovations?
I wonder if the restaurant hasn't loaded the tables into the system yet to be available for booking. I haven't heard of this happening with Ohana specifically before, but I have heard of it with other restaurants. I wonder if it's something like that. I'd be surprised if they were fully booked already. Definitely keep checking.

Oh there they are! Thank goodness!
He he. I hear you. I love those things. :cloud9:

I wonder if the restaurant hasn't loaded the tables into the system yet to be available for booking. I haven't heard of this happening with Ohana specifically before, but I have heard of it with other restaurants. I wonder if it's something like that. I'd be surprised if they were fully booked already. Definitely keep checking.
Yes, I agree, definitely keep checking @DisneyParkFan , as its possible that it hasnt been loaded onto the reservation system yet. I'd be surprised if they booked up that quick. Then again, you never know?

more characters at Chef Mickey's and more food options. We did not enjoy Ohana breakfast at all. Food options were limited and not every seat is in a great place. For example, my view was of a swinging door into the kitchen and the trashcans on the other side of that door-no view at all. Tusker House also has a great character breakfast at Animal Kingdom that we like better than Chef Mickey's! Ohana gets rave reviews but it wasn't worth it to us.

There is definitely something fishy going on. Unless WDW is hosting a convention of "The Ohana Appreciation Society" that week, there is no way that all sittings of all meals should be fully booked 180+10 days out.

I have never tried it for breakfast. but it is pretty common for tables not to be loaded for dinner at 180 days. Sometimes they are up to a few weeks delayed. Has happened to me a few times over the years. Also happens at other restaurants.

Basically if there are NO reservations available at 180 days, I'm pretty sure tables are not loaded.

One TA I used insisted on waiting until 170-180 days (instead of 180 +10) before booking my ADRs because of this. Can't complain as she got everything (including the hard to get ones) at the times I wanted. I'm too antsy to do the same thing myself LOL!

DH loves Ohana breakfast because it's served family-style. No walking to a buffet. Save the waking for the parks!

I just noticed the menu on the WDW website doesn't list Mickey waffles at 'Ohana anymore. Are they not offered?
Not only do you get Mickey, but Stitch waffles :-). We ate there on 9/6 and we did get bacon when we asked for it. A TON of Bacon!

Grrrrrrrrr . I can't decide. One minute I'm like "it's definitely 'Ohana" .....next minute it's "but Chef Mickey's looks like more fun with more food choices". My other concern is, our reservation is for 11:05. I know brunch starts at 11:30. Will our choices be limited since they will be doing the change over?

Grrrrrrrrr . I can't decide. One minute I'm like "it's definitely 'Ohana" .....next minute it's "but Chef Mickey's looks like more fun with more food choices". My other concern is, our reservation is for 11:05. I know brunch starts at 11:30. Will our choices be limited since they will be doing the change over?
Your choices will start turning into Lunch.

Thank you. I will keep trying.

I have never tried it for breakfast. but it is pretty common for tables not to be loaded for dinner at 180 days. Sometimes they are up to a few weeks delayed. Has happened to me a few times over the years. Also happens at other restaurants.

Basically if there are NO reservations available at 180 days, I'm pretty sure tables are not loaded.

One TA I used insisted on waiting until 170-180 days (instead of 180 +10) before booking my ADRs because of this. Can't complain as she got everything (including the hard to get ones) at the times I wanted. I'm too antsy to do the same thing myself LOL!

Thank you. I will keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter