Ohana menu change?!

Well it looks like I’m canceling my reservation on 1/17. Major deal breaker for My wife she was on the fence about going and the noodles and pot stickers are her two favorite things. If I really want Ohana I will order it as room service. Looks like a Disney Springs Date night instead

good, the noodles were terrible and flavorless anyways. I thought they were going to taste like a good lo-mein, but no, there was just no flavor. Ohana was a 50/50 for me. Some things were a hit, and some were a miss. Can't say I'd go through the trouble of trying to secure an ADR there again.

good, the noodles were terrible and flavorless anyways. I thought they were going to taste like a good lo-mein, but no, there was just no flavor. Ohana was a 50/50 for me. Some things were a hit, and some were a miss. Can't say I'd go through the trouble of trying to secure an ADR there again.

I agree. The noodles sucked. That leaves more room for the meat.

Well if there is a positive here management at Ohana seems to be listening to people that there are issues with the food. Enough people must have reported on their surveys that certain dishes needed improvement. You would think though that the changed items would have been properly tested before being added to the menu. Initial reports aren't positive but that could be partially attributed to people not liking something they enjoyed being replaced on a menu. It wouldn't be the first time a restaurant has added what they thought was a winner of an item to a menu only to have their clientele not embrace it. In the end the customer will decide if the changes stick. If enough people complain I'd imagine you'd see at a minimum that version of the rice replaced and possibly a return to the original noodles. I love a good Lo Mein but during my one Dinner experience at Ohana I found it entirely mediocre.

Restaurants are in a tough spot. They walk a fine line between ticking people off by removing popular items from their menus and their menu becoming stale.

We hated the new salad too. It was more like spinach with craisins and chow mein noodles. My family did not like this at all, and we always look forward to the salad.

Well this is not good news. Ohana's has been our special birthday place for years. I do not like curry, I do not eat fried rice and I loved the salad just the way it was. I guess we are done with Ohana's. I still miss the pineapple squares that you dipped in caramel for the dessert. :(

What were these? Never had them!

Ahhh the potatoes were amazing. There was an uproar when they changed the yummy gratin potatoes to noodles too... but we adapted even tho I would still prefer the potatoes. The rice is a deal breaker for our family. Plenty of other places to explore. Just disappointing as we went at least once and sometimes twice each trip.... hoping it comes back, but not holding my breath.

We hated the new salad too. It was more like spinach with craisins and chow mein noodles. My family did not like this at all, and we always look forward to the salad.

Last night it was spinach and kale blend mix with Craisins and the crunchy lo mein canned noodles. Did not like as much as previous version, but would have adapted.

I saw this thread last night. I've been mulling it over since then. 'Ohana has been our only restaurant tradition that has never changed. LTT lunch was a long time tradition but the menu changed somewhat so we dropped it. Our 'Ohana experience has been inconsistent for several years but we love going. In fact, the salad, lomein, wings and pot stickers are my favorite part! The noodles are most likely the only thing my 3 yo DGS will eat apart from the bread. AND we leave in a few weeks for our first stay at the Poly. None of us are curry fans. I wonder if I should just try to find a last minute ADR for Kona. We do have an 'Ohana ADR to meet stitch.

I was not in love with the noodles, but my kids liked them. However, I did like the salad. I really go for my DH, so the salad, pot stickers, and dessert were the things I ate. I was on the fence for this for our summer vaca, so I think we will just skip for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!