Oh no my parents are headed to MK tomorrow with "those people"

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Not really a question just more of a vent I guess

They are going with a couple that has been to WDW a few times since moving to Florida but never to MK because "isn't it for toddlers?"

My parents have been going since 1973 and both love MK and now in their 70's its still the most appealing park to them.
My mom was telling their friends how fun the attractions are and this couple just isn't buying it.
I'm hoping my parents don't let this couple get them down tomorrow.

They are going with a couple that has been to WDW a few times since moving to Florida but never to MK because "isn't it for toddlers?"

My parents have been going since 1973 and both love MK and now in their 70's its still the most appealing park to them.
My mom was telling their friends how fun the attractions are and this couple just isn't buying it.
I guess they chose to visit with friends so see the value in giving up some control to spend time with them. They're adults and are familiar. Surely they knew they would have to make some compromises.
It's a good reason never to go with anybody. Some times, I guess, it's tough to avoid. But I'll never go with anybody outside my nuclear family.
Same here.

MK is the best part in my opinion, it has things for everyone! I think every park deserves a fair shot.

Someone in my family decided to only take their 6,4,and2yr olds to Epcot. They now say they will never go back to WDW.

Perhaps if your parents tell them beer and wine are available at MK TS they'll change their tune. :thumbsup2

Just so your parents don't try to force their viewpoint on their friends, I can see the other couple finding out for themselves that they are wrong. MK is quintessential Disney World IMO, and one day ticket prices (for MK versus the other parks) also reflect that opinion by many. :)

Dan

I get that statement about all of Disney. I mentioned to a women the other day that my daughter is planning a sweet 16 trip to Disney. She actually came back with "isn't she to old for Disney". I said no you are never to old for Disney. Of course in talking with this women she stated she has never been and has never wanted to. Well good don't go!!

MK is the best part in my opinion, it has things for everyone! I think every park deserves a fair shot.

Someone in my family decided to only take their 6,4,and2yr olds to Epcot. They now say they will never go back to WDW.

Why would anyone do that to themselves? I love Epcot now (especially because I can truly enjoy WS) but a bunch of little kids would be bored out of their skull

I went as an adult for the first time 2 years ago. It was only a one-day trip, but I knew I wanted to spend the day at magic kingdom to relive the magic. While checking into the magical express, the cast member asked if I was sure I wanted to go to MK and to get ready for tons of kids. He looked disappointed in my choice and even shook his head. Thank God I didn’t listen to him, that trip was the reason we go every couple of months now.

Why does the couple want to go to mk if they feel that way?

I went as an adult for the first time 2 years ago. It was only a one-day trip, but I knew I wanted to spend the day at magic kingdom to relive the magic. While checking into the magical express, the cast member asked if I was sure I wanted to go to MK and to get ready for tons of kids. He looked disappointed in my choice and even shook his head. Thank God I didn’t listen to him, that trip was the reason we go every couple of months now.

How "nice" of that CM to potentially make you feel self conscious about your park choice and assume that you didn't want to deal with all of those kids. I would have sprinkled him with some of my own pixie dust and some colorful words had he said anything like that to me...

Why does the couple want to go to mk if they feel that way?
I don't know. My parents knew where they wanted to use the last day of a no expiration date ticket and they go down every November and stay with this couple for a few nights while they are down there. The couple also just so happen to book a trip to WDW for this week and asked my parents what they were doing. My mom said MK on Wednesday and the couple said they would change parks and go with them. Ok great... until they saw my parents had a FP+ for Winnie the Pooh. Then they questioned every attraction with that is a baby ride.

I don't know. My parents knew where they wanted to use the last day of a no expiration date ticket and they go down every November and stay with this couple for a few nights while they are down there. The couple also just so happen to book a trip to WDW for this week and asked my parents what they were doing. My mom said MK on Wednesday and the couple said they would change parks and go with them. Ok great... until they saw my parents had a FP+ for Winnie the Pooh. Then they questioned every attraction with that is a baby ride.
Not cool. Are they easily ditchable? :)

I would suggest to your parents that they tour the MK separately from their friends and just meet up for lunch or dinner.

How "nice" of that CM to potentially make you feel self conscious about your park choice and assume that you didn't want to deal with all of those kids. I would have sprinkled him with some of my own pixie dust and some colorful words had he said anything like that to me...

I was too shocked to say anything lol. He looked to be in his 70s so i just took it as unsolicited advice and respected his opinion.

wow, sounds like somebody did not research and plan very well.....
Why would anyone do that to themselves? I love Epcot now (especially because I can truly enjoy WS) but a bunch of little kids would be bored out of their skull

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. All they said to me when they came back was that the kids didn't like it and thought it was boring. I love Epcot now, but at 5 or 6 I wasn't in to it - I wanted MK all day everyday.

The nice thing about being all grown up is that you can easily go in different directions if things aren't working out. "Okay, you guys head on back to the hotel (or wherever). We'll stay here and meet up with you for dinner. Ciao!" :laughing:
Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. You don't need to be together every moment of the day. Hang out together here and there during the day and then meet up for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter