• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh dear 50% positive for Covid

mullysisters

DIS Veteran
So yesterday I reported that my travelling companion, my DSis and I tested positive on a Rapid test. We duly went to get the PCR test, yet another $100 to add to our trip. DSis came back positive but mine came back negative. We live together. Is the process now that I test for Covid with a PCR test when there is just enough time to get a positive exemption from our doctor? If that PCR test comes back negative again I then just hope the Rapid test done 48 hours before cruising also comes back negative? Does that sound right? Thanks in advance. I can tell you if this were not a birthday trip for my sister I would be cancelling today, use our insurance and take the 80% refund. So disappointed. I’m done with all this jumping through hoops. Some vacation, thanks for letting me vent.

So yesterday I reported that my travelling companion, my DSis and I tested positive on a Rapid test. We duly went to get the PCR test, yet another $100 to add to our trip. DSis came back positive but mine came back negative. We live together. Is the process now that I test for Covid with a PCR test when there is just enough time to get a positive exemption from our doctor? If that PCR test comes back negative again I then just hope the Rapid test done 48 hours before cruising also comes back negative? Does that sound right? Thanks in advance. I can tell you if this were not a birthday trip for my sister I would be cancelling today, use our insurance and take the 80% refund. So disappointed. I’m done with all this jumping through hoops. Some vacation, thanks for letting me vent.
Yes, that sounds right. At least you got it early enough. We have a wedding today that I’m completely expecting to catch Covid from and our cruise leaves in 2 weeks. We’ll be testing Monday.

If you are testing negative on PCR already I don’t see the point in trying to test again at 12+ days to go the doctor letter route—that’ll most likely be negative too. Just wait and test at 48 hours like everyone else.

Yes, that sounds right. At least you got it early enough. We have a wedding today that I’m completely expecting to catch Covid from and our cruise leaves in 2 weeks. We’ll be testing Monday.
Good luck is a crazy thing to say. My DSis wants me to try hard to deliberately get Covid but I ca help wondering, what if I get eriously I’ll? It’s happened. Many many times too often. Still, I hope it all works out for you.

It doesn't have to be a PCR test, if you have a proctored rapid antigen test come up positive that counts as well. I'm assuming your first positive test was an at home one? I agree that if you're testing negative on the PCR now, you should test negative on an antigen before boarding.

Good luck is a crazy thing to say. My DSis wants me to try hard to deliberately get Covid but I ca help wondering, what if I get eriously I’ll? It’s happened. Many many times too often. Still, I hope it all works out for you.
Yeah, don’t do that, geez, I thought I was crazy about Disney cruises but your sis is next level. We know a lot of people who are sick with it right now and having really bad symptoms. Young, old, physically fit, doesn’t seem to matter; it’s almost random whether you get a light case or an awful one.

Pcr will come back positive sooner than an antigen test. If you are indeed positive and you need to have proof by a certain day, think about getting a pcr test on the afternoon of the last possible day to squeeze in for the recovery letter. This way it’s the max amount of elapsed time with the most sensitive test. Hope everyone feels okay.

We know a lot of people who are sick with it right now and having really bad symptoms. Young, old, physically fit, doesn’t seem to matter; it’s almost random whether you get a light case or an awful one.
Which is why we both are still living much as we did before vaccines were available. Masks, shopping early in the day, not eating out, only getting takeout.

We went to a pro baseball game while within two months of being boostered but are going out only for essentials now that our area is deemed high risk by the CDC.

Just not willing to chance getting a so-called "mild" case which doctors define as not requiring hospitalization.

Not interested in a case of long covid either.

Others' mileage may vary.

I hear you!! I would much rather not get it at all. I had it for Christmas and it was awful!! But if I have to get it, I hope it’s soon enough to still count for 90 day recovered and that it’s super mild of course!! 😂 We should have worn our KN95s, but they only really fit my husband they way they need to. I should have found something for my daughter and I, but she was in the wedding, so she would have consistently been taking it off for all the photos. Out of like 200 people, there were only like 5 masked up.

I hear you!! I would much rather not get it at all. I had it for Christmas and it was awful!! But if I have to get it, I hope it’s soon enough to still count for 90 day recovered and that it’s super mild of course!! 😂 We should have worn our KN95s, but they only really fit my husband they way they need to. I should have found something for my daughter and I, but she was in the wedding, so she would have consistently been taking it off for all the photos. Out of like 200 people, there were only like 5 masked up.
My son and I can't wear KN95 either. They just don't fit tight or stay on. So, we end up wearing N95 when needed. Wearing glasses doesn't help either. Hope it works out.

I hope it works out for the OP too. Sort of waiting to see if the shoe drops for our July 21 cruise.

My son and I can't wear KN95 either. They just don't fit tight or stay on. So, we end up wearing N95 when needed. Wearing glasses doesn't help either. Hope it works out.

I hope it works out for the OP too. Sort of waiting to see if the shoe drops for our July 21 cruise.
Yes!! My glasses drive me crazy with any of the better masks. It’s so annoying!

Yeah, don’t do that, geez, I thought I was crazy about Disney cruises but your sis is next level. We know a lot of people who are sick with it right now and having really bad symptoms. Young, old, physically fit, doesn’t seem to matter; it’s almost random whether you get a light case or an awful one.
I had a mild case and ended up with long Covid. Agree, don't do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter