Offsite hotels for the holidays

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has been down to the Disney area during Christmas/New Years and where did you stay? I know the onsite hotels are beautifully decorated, does anyone have any experience with offsite hotels with decorations or activities for kids, etc...

We stayed at the Hilton grand vacation club at sea world in dec 2011. It's a beautiful hotel and we loved it.

Most of them decorate, but nothing like the Disney resorts. What price range are you looking for?

Many of them decorate. Some actually rival (or are better than) the decorations at the Disney Resorts. Gaylord Palms is probably one of the best, but all of the nicer offsite resorts decorate!

Yes, Gaylord would probably be the closest rival to Comparable Disney resorts, largely due to their ICE display (which is very cool if you haven't seen it). Other than that though, Disney resorts are more decorated (as a whole), IMO.

Thanks for the info, I think we are just going to wait until Spring Break. That is when we have gone before.

Have you ever been to Disney for Christmas? What dates were you considering going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter