• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

There is speculation that this is due to the Club runDisney guaranteed coral upgrade. It looks like it may be that everyone who qualified for coral E are getting moved to the back and Club members are getting that coral. If this is true, it should be interesting to see how many people who ran a 2:30-2:45 half will now buy into the Club...
I find this truly obnoxious on the part of rD. I can’t justify the cost of those memberships for what you get.

Jackets are a bit thinner now and are a bit smaller than before. I personally haven't bought a jacket since the champion ones.
Thx! I’m considering it because it’s been so long since we’ve picked one up, and I tragically lost my W&D one from years ago that I LOVED. :(

Thx! I’m considering it because it’s been so long since we’ve picked one up, and I tragically lost my W&D one from years ago that I LOVED. :(
The last few races they have had the pre-order jacket for sale at the expo and plenty of stock so you may be able to wait and make that decision at the expo instead of in advance.

Starting to get worried about things selling out on Tuesday. TA says she can get me a bib today, but not a room at Pop which is what I really want. I'd have to go with AS Music. Decisions, decisions...

Can I also say that I'm bummed about the 2:30. I don't think there's any way I can get that in time. It was questionable if I'd be able to even get 2:45. Oh well

There is speculation that this is due to the Club runDisney guaranteed coral upgrade. It looks like it may be that everyone who qualified for coral E are getting moved to the back and Club members are getting that coral. If this is true, it should be interesting to see how many people who ran a 2:30-2:45 half will now buy into the Club...
I find this truly obnoxious on the part of rD. I can’t justify the cost of those memberships for what you get.

The upgraded corral placement is only available as part of the top tier ($800/yr) of Club RunDisney. I find it hard to believe that enough people are buying into that to significantly impact corral structure for events with 10-20,000 participants (depending on race & weekend). I think it's much more likely that this is another cost-cutting measure by RunDisney. It will reduce the number of PoTs that will need to be verified for each race weekend by moving more runners into the non-PoT corrals and they will probably also see it as a "hassle reduction" as well, by reducing the number of runners potentially complaining about being mis-corralled on any given weekend.

The upgraded corral placement is only available as part of the top tier ($800/yr) of Club RunDisney. I find it hard to believe that enough people are buying into that to significantly impact corral structure for events with 10-20,000 participants (depending on race & weekend). I think it's much more likely that this is another cost-cutting measure by RunDisney. It will reduce the number of PoTs that will need to be verified for each race weekend by moving more runners into the non-PoT corrals and they will probably also see it as a "hassle reduction" as well, by reducing the number of runners potentially complaining about being mis-corralled on any given weekend.

They may also hope to spread out the non-PoT corrals a bit more. (I doubt it’ll work; I suspect that - assuming the current labels - corral E will become about 1/3 of the field, as corral F has been.)

In for the half! Chrome, Incognito, I was busy and wasn't able to start anything until 10:01am - only waited a minute or so after logging in to MDE/clicking through/etc. before registration window came up. Might be better to wait to start until 10am? I was still undecided about the 10K when it sold out, so I'll keep pondering that one until Tues.

I am THRILLED about not needing to run a race for PoT with the new requirements! And I hope that carries over to the other race registrations coming up, too. Unless it turns the corrals/course congestion situation into a disaster, of course. We'll see...
Thrilled? Why? Won’t this make corral E the new Corral F and significantly impact the thousands of runners who used to submit PoT in the 2:30-2:45 range?

Argh, I missed the early sign-up and the two-course challenge is sold out. What are the chances that we'll be able to snag challenge tickets when general reg opens?

Thrilled? Why? Won’t this make corral E the new Corral F and significantly impact the thousands of runners who used to submit PoT in the 2:30-2:45 range?
Thrilled because I HATE running for time and have been stressed about "needing" to to get under the 2:45 cutoff. I absolutely can't meet the new requirement, so BAM, no more self-imposed pressure to do something I didn't want to do in the first place. I realize others have a differing view, but that's mine, specific to my own criteria. :)

Sooooo, can we talk about the after party now?
We never got to do this race before.
Is it typical for the Adventurers club to d
o a show, because that would TOTALLY make my day. I'm betting we can assume (or hope) there's quite a few villians for the meet and greets at the after party too. (though knowing my husband, he will roll his eyes, I'll get to pick *one* M&G and then we'll wander. He's not one for standing in line for characters)

Last edited:
Got in for the half - is that one sold out yet? Was in a meeting, but my client had to step out around 10:20 for a phone call, and I pulled out my phone and registered :) Really need to go back in to review and make sure I didn't put anything weird in there :rotfl2:
Half is still available.

Sooooo, can we talk about the after party now?
We never got to do this race before.
Is it typical for the Adventurers club to so a show, because that would TOTALLY make my day. I'm betting we can assume (or hope) there's quite a few villians for the meet and greets at the after party too. (though knowing my husband, he will roll his eyes, I'll get to pick *one* M&G and then we'll wander. He's not one for standing in line for characters)
I’m so lucky my husband humors me pretty well with M&Gs, but he won’t even be on this trip so I may very well be by myself. I don’t think the party would interest either of the folks coming with me. I’m going JUST for the characters lol

I spoke with someone who ran the 10K last year. Said it was mostly in the road with just a small part through the park due to the construction. Are there any maps out there yet that show the path?

I spoke with someone who ran the 10K last year. Said it was mostly in the road with just a small part through the park due to the construction. Are there any maps out there yet that show the path?
I wouldn't expect the 10K course to change too much. You start at the MK parking lot, run to Epcot, go inside Epcot and finish. The 10Ks aren't long enough to get a lot of park time.

Argh, I missed the early sign-up and the two-course challenge is sold out. What are the chances that we'll be able to snag challenge tickets when general reg opens?

I missed that, too. That's surprising but yeah I think that the odds are probably fine for getting challenge tickets at the general window since the challenges don't usually sell out immediately anyway. At any rate, I'm going to risk it because I think the odds are better than the hassle of trying to change it later.

I wouldn't expect the 10K course to change too much. You start at the MK parking lot, run to Epcot, go inside Epcot and finish. The 10Ks aren't long enough to get a lot of park time.
I’m anticipating some changes to the 10k course with the road work I’ve read that’s about to get underway by the car care center

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter