Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

WOOO!! The 12:45am wake up here in Australia was worth it. I'm registered for all 3 distances including the 2 course challenge and hubby is signed up for the 5km & 10km!! The trip is definitely happening!!
Question though - should I buy hubby's entry to the post party now? Do these sell out quickly??

WOOO!! The 12:45am wake up here in Australia was worth it. I'm registered for all 3 distances including the 2 course challenge and hubby is signed up for the 5km & 10km!! The trip is definitely happening!!
Question though - should I buy hubby's entry to the post party now? Do these sell out quickly??

You can probably wait on the party ticket. A lot of people don’t use them and will sell their ticket through the Boards. Usually you can save a couple bucks that way.

I just tried signing up for ChEar Squad and it looks like the 10K is sold out...

ETA: Guess I should have said that it said it was full and couldn't be picked.

Last edited:

5k + Challenge for me, 5k for my mom, and 5k for my DD. My husband was on the fence because he is waiting to see if he gets pulled for Elk hunting this year so not sure if he is running or not. If he comes, I will probably need to buy a party ticket if someone isn't using theirs. :)

Oo great to know! Thank you! Does the merchandise typically sell out quickly or can I hold off for a bit before adding it?
I generally grab some pin bundles while registering, but I have gone back a few weeks later and still added some. I wouldn't GUARANTEE this, as you never know from year to year how long they keep stuff available to buy ahead.

Unless it's an item they're NOT making available without preorder (has happened for some jackets in the past -- not sure if anything fits in that category this time), there should be pins etc at the expo.

Now IF you are arriving later and not hitting the expo early, and IF there's something you REALLY want, I'd get it ahead of time to be safe.

You can probably wait on the party ticket. A lot of people don’t use them and will sell their ticket through the Boards. Usually you can save a couple bucks that way.

Yeah, I need to get my husband one, but I'll decide closer till whether to pick one up here or buy one from Disney, but I'm sure once I buy Halloween Party tickets for 5 of us I'll appreciate saving some money on the one after party ticket! LOL!

You guys are bad influences! Wine and Dine was not on my radar at all. Had no intentions of registering. Until this morning when I opened the Disboards over coffee. Now I find myself the proud owner of a 10k registration for myself and a Challenge registration for my daughter as well as a room booking at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I have the flights down booked, the DVC booked, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the $700 to register for a 5K plus challenge, and the 5K-10K for our son. I mentioned to him last night that I wasn't thrilled with the cost, he said this race isn't a priority anyway. I'll get the castle to chateau since I am running Paris this Sept, but it's probably 2020 Star Wars for us. The flights are on SW and only the trip down is open, so we will have credit to use elsewhere.

Maybe Disney run burnout is here, maybe $700 goes so much further elsewhere. Not sure yet.

Now my ten yo dd wants to come. I saw ten year olds on the princess 10k course. Do you think it’s doable? She’s a competitive swimmer—15 hours a week. Does the virtual 5ks. If she comes, her twin brother isn’t far behind. Have to decide before it sells out.

Now my ten yo dd wants to come. I saw ten year olds on the princess 10k course. Do you think it’s doable? She’s a competitive swimmer—15 hours a week. Does the virtual 5ks. If she comes, her twin brother isn’t far behind. Have to decide before it sells out.

I'd say you know your daughter best, its up to you! But it's showing the 10k as sold out right now, however I don't know if there are ways around that via travel agents, etc. Or if it will reopen.

I usually get the logo pin and medal pin which I have pre ordered for the challenge. Does anyone know why there isn’t a logo and medal pin set for the 5k?

Do they do them for the kids dashes?

I usually get the logo pin and medal pin which I have pre ordered for the challenge. Does anyone know why there isn’t a logo and medal pin set for the 5k?

Do they do them for the kids dashes?
I know it was just the logo/magnet for the 5k and 10k hopefully the medal ones will be available at the expo

Woah, I wonder if the 5k is sold out or just on hold. I need to get two people signed up.

Sold out. They don’t do on hold anymore, that was only with Active.

Bummer. I’ll just have to be on the lookout to see if they reopen it. I’m hopeful because we’ve seen that happen as of late with other races. The 10k for Star Wars was sold out right away but reopened a few weeks ago. Wine and Dine continues to sell well and I’m sure Galaxy Edge being open adds to this!

I notice that Star Wars weekend still has 10k bibs available. Will we see 10k bibs coming up again for Wine and Dine by any chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!