Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

We will be there!
My daughter and I for the 10K.
My two nieces for the half.
Staying at AOA for the first time and it is also the first time for Wine and Dine for us!

Hmmm hubby and I have the same dilemma about attending either the Halloween night party (31/10) or the one on 1/11. We're coming from such a long way but at the same time we don't want to wear ourselves out for the races as these are the single biggest reason we decided to take this trip. There's also the concern about crowds and how crazy they'll be considering Wine & Dine is being run over the same weekend as Halloween. I mean how much fun can you have at a special event if you're shoulder to shoulder and can't move?

Yes, please! My last Wine & Dine entailed a lightning evac followed by a 7-miler. My previous Wine & Dine was renamed Splash & Dash. If there’s bad weather for the half this year...I’m looking at you!
yeah - you're right. I seem to be able to bring unfavorable weather for running wherever I go. It's pretty much just hot and humid that usually follows me around, but that all day rain and cold from this past Sunday's 1/2 was a new low for me.

yeah - you're right. I seem to be able to bring unfavorable weather for running wherever I go. It's pretty much just hot and humid that usually follows me around, but that all day rain and cold from this past Sunday's 1/2 was a new low for me.
The WDW half wasn’t bad.

not too bad, but still a bit of early rain and it was pretty humid. But the afterparty was a whole other story.
I was talking about the marathon weekend half a few weeks ago but yeah wine and dine 2018 wasn’t too bad either.

I was talking about the marathon weekend half a few weeks ago but yeah wine and dine 2018 wasn’t too bad either.
true, but i explain that as every other half i have run has been on Sunday, so the weather gods obviously planned the extra warm weather for the marathon on Sunday as that is the normal day I race. :)

So now I'm wondering if I could get away with a mother/daughter trip. My twin girls will be 16 and they've both done 5ks with me, but I know they could manage a Disney 10K and one would likely do the half with me. They are out of school on Nov. 5 for election day, so I could have them just miss 2 days of school (they'll be Juniors) and we could go Fri-Tues. I'm guessing there might even be a Christmas Party on one of those days we could attend. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
So now I'm wondering if I could get away with a mother/daughter trip. My twin girls will be 16 and they've both done 5ks with me, but I know they could manage a Disney 10K and one would likely do the half with me. They are out of school on Nov. 5 for election day, so I could have them just miss 2 days of school (they'll be Juniors) and we could go Fri-Tues. I'm guessing there might even be a Christmas Party on one of those days we could attend. Hmmmm....

Mother/Daughters trip sounds like wonderful memories to be made!

The Halloween parties end 11/1. Christmas parties don’t usually start until the following weekend. I believe they started 11/8 in 2018.

The Halloween parties end 11/1. Christmas parties don’t usually start until the following weekend. I believe they started 11/8 in 2018.

Well, we'd potentially come in on the 1st. Just not sure I'd want to risk buying party tickets in case of travel delays. Oh well, right now it's just a thought. I haven't even told Chris yet I'm contemplating a trip without him. :rolleyes1

My mom and I attended Tinker Bell weekend together three years in a row (after they moved it to Mother’ Day weekend). The first year, we walked the 5k together while I ran the challenge and she volunteered for the half. The next two years she brought a friend and we all did the 10k (while I also ran the half). We had a blast!

I think a mother/daughters trip sounds like a great idea!

I'm bringing my mom and my daughter (who will also have to miss some school) and we are all doing the 5k together!

Definitely come. Everyone considering it should come. It’s the most different race weekend, especially with the Sunday night Epcot party. The half course has been in 3 parks the past 2 years, and who knows what might happen if Galaxy’s Edge is going to. E open. And Food and Wine. And DATW. Etc.

I'm in. Uh, oh, I mean...we're in! Myself for 5k and Challenge, DH for 5k, DS for Challenge, his MIL for 5k 0r 10k, and his wife will follow in her mom's footsteps! Already booked 2 rooms at POR! Trying to research the room we had last year, it was perfect distance between bus stop and food court. Anyone know when AP registration is rumored to be?

I'm in. Uh, oh, I mean...we're in! Myself for 5k and Challenge, DH for 5k, DS for Challenge, his MIL for 5k 0r 10k, and his wife will follow in her mom's footsteps! Already booked 2 rooms at POR! Trying to research the room we had last year, it was perfect distance between bus stop and food court. Anyone know when AP registration is rumored to be?
DVC registration is on March 14th. I assume AP registration is the same day.

DVC registration is on March 14th. I assume AP registration is the same day.
I got to double check my time off request for that week to make sure I took the 14th and not the 15th off cause I swear last year was the Friday before (though the time before that it was the Tuesday before)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter