Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Registered for the 10k! Tried to get into the half last year but was like an hour too late signing on. This will be my first runDisney event and hope to also register for Dopey 2018 once DVC-early registration opens up. Most likely I'll be doing the Richmond, VA marathon the following weekend so hopefully this will be a good tune-up race. Wanted to do the half this year but I have a wedding to go to in Tampa Saturday night and didn't think I'd want to get back to Orlando in time to get enough sleep and be up super early on Sunday.

I'm still on the fence on this and I guess I better decide quickly! One one hand I really missed this race weekend last year (of course we had a GREAT time at avengers instead). On the other hand, I'm one of those who preferred the nighttime race and previous course. Plus the timing stinks for DH at work so I might be solo or have to convince my parents or friends to join me. I haven't signed up for any halfs yet this year and was actually considering the RnR Vegas half instead. Or... just going to WDW for an actual food and wine festival weekend instead of running and not really food and wine-ing... :) I really really miss the pre-race nighttime vibe and I really dislike the 2:30 am wake up call. Hopefully they will bring this back to a nighttime run sooner than later and add more park time. Then again, I'll probably be in "half training" mode this fall anyhow out of habit.... and we have annual passes this year so I should take advantage of that... decisions!

If they change the course for the better this year it will be a no brainer for me next year. That being said I have less desire to run from epcots parking lot to mK and back again so it's either wine and dine or Star Wars. (Or both!)

Does anyone know if the active link from the early registration will be the same ones used for normal registration when it opens today?

I've to get two 5k and one two course challenge registration

Did anything sell out for AP/DVC registration? I checked yesterday morning and everything was still available. I don't ever remember that happening for a WDW race.

I'd like to know the link as well if anyone has access to it. Hubby is registering himself for the 10k and I'll be on my computer for myself. Divide and conquer.

I'd like to know the link as well if anyone has access to it. Hubby is registering himself for the 10k and I'll be on my computer for myself. Divide and conquer.

Yah so glad you are coming!! I've been really bad at updating my journal and posting on others but I really loved all the support we had before WDW Marathon weekend last year!

What are you signing up for? I've already got me and Rachel in for two course and 5k but have to sign my Mam and Dad up for 5k today and then Dad for two course as well... STRESS lol

Yah so glad you are coming!! I've been really bad at updating my journal and posting on others but I really loved all the support we had before WDW Marathon weekend last year!

What are you signing up for? I've already got me and Rachel in for two course and 5k but have to sign my Mam and Dad up for 5k today and then Dad for two course as well... STRESS lol

Today I am signing up for the 5k for myself and hubby is doing the 10k. Kiddo is coming so that's why not running together. We planned a vacation over Halloween and were going to be leaving on Saturday and then they announced this race weekend. AT THIS TIME...we will not be at WDW on Sunday for the half. But I'm totally ok with that because I plan on running a Chicago half marathon in the fall in Sept. So that's our plan at this moment in time.
I'm still super excited about running anything as we didn't really plan on it being at the end of our vacay!

I know people will think I'm crazy for leaving the Coast to Coast on the table (doing Tink in May) but adding a day onto our family vacay + the extra race coast = an expensive couple of medals and we really want to be at Disney over Halloween. But we shall see what happens :)

Last year I registered for this race mid-sonogram since I was about 8-months pregnant - registration was later last year, right? I registered for the 10k, which ended up being my first race post-baby.

I know I'm signing up for the half this year, and I'm on the fence about doing the challenge with the 10k too. Need to make a decision soon!

Did anything sell out for AP/DVC registration? I checked yesterday morning and everything was still available. I don't ever remember that happening for a WDW race.

It says it is closed as of now - I thought it usually stayed open until noon when regular went live but I can't remember. I was waiting on RunDisney to get back to me about deferring from Marathon Weekend. So, I am just going to register today now. Sad that they closed AP as that would have made this much easier for me!

I have a noon luncheon meeting so will be doing this on my phone. Anyone have a direct link I could use? Or something that would make using my phone easier at least? Thanks all!

It says it is closed as of now - I thought it usually stayed open until noon when regular went live but I can't remember. I was waiting on RunDisney to get back to me about deferring from Marathon Weekend. So, I am just going to register today now. Sad that they closed AP as that would have made this much easier for me!

I have a noon luncheon meeting so will be doing this on my phone. Anyone have a direct link I could use? Or something that would make using my phone easier at least? Thanks all!

I don't know what they used to do, but for the last few registrations, they have closed the AP/DVC the day before normal registration. I think you shouldn't have any problems today.

Today I am signing up for the 5k for myself and hubby is doing the 10k. Kiddo is coming so that's why not running together. We planned a vacation over Halloween and were going to be leaving on Saturday and then they announced this race weekend. AT THIS TIME...we will not be at WDW on Sunday for the half. But I'm totally ok with that because I plan on running a Chicago half marathon in the fall in Sept. So that's our plan at this moment in time.
I'm still super excited about running anything as we didn't really plan on it being at the end of our vacay!

I know people will think I'm crazy for leaving the Coast to Coast on the table (doing Tink in May) but adding a day onto our family vacay + the extra race coast = an expensive couple of medals and we really want to be at Disney over Halloween. But we shall see what happens :)

Oh very exciting! We will be arriving on 27th October, want to do the Halloween Party for sure! Halloween is a great time to visit!

Oh that's great! Chicago half will be awesome! Ye sometimes it just doesn't work out and it is a very expensive half marathon too!

Don't forget to use separate browsers (like chrome and firefox) when trying to sign up more than one at a time! I didn't and got kicked out with an error message!

Oh very exciting! We will be arriving on 27th October, want to do the Halloween Party for sure! Halloween is a great time to visit!

Oh that's great! Chicago half will be awesome! Ye sometimes it just doesn't work out and it is a very expensive half marathon too!

Don't forget to use separate browsers (like chrome and firefox) when trying to sign up more than one at a time! I didn't and got kicked out with an error message!

We are going to try to get tix for the Halloween party too. I imagine it will be popular so we will be stalking the dis for ticket dates. My guess is probably May.

I registered for the challenge last night around 7:30 Eastern and everything was still available. At 8:15 I decided I was going to register for the 5k, but they took the link down around 8:00 Eastern (instead of PST).

Uhg, it's really frustrating that almost none of the charity groups' info is updated for this race. I could afford the half registration if I reeeeaaaallly stretched things, but we are saving to start our family possibly in fall, so I'd rather not.
So I wanted to run for a charity, but I got burned with that last year, wasn't able to raise enough and didn't get to run.
If I could see the charity info and requirements then I could see if there is a different charity than what I partnered with last year that has a more achievable goal for me. And I only have 12 minutes to decide...

What do you think the likely hood of there still being half slots still available this evening just in case??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter