Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

This is correct. My son (no AP) had no problem registering for W&D or Super Heroes, and no concern after registering. As far as the legacy runner email goes, I received it once when I was unable to do early registration. They were going to hold a spot if I was unable to complete during regular. This may have been two years ago.

Super Heroes weekend was still available up until two weeks or so prior. You could tell from running it that participation was way down for that race too.

Any chance that especially with the 5k possibly moving to Epcot there would be nods to Epcot 35th alongside the F&W theme? I'm thinking like something Kitchen Kaberet themed?

Any chance that especially with the 5k possibly moving to Epcot there would be nods to Epcot 35th alongside the F&W theme? I'm thinking like something Kitchen Kaberet themed?

I think the 5K location will depend upon the exact opening date of Pandora as well as how it is received and whether it will or will not draw excess crowds.

I wouldn't bank on a theme like that, it wouldn't draw much of a revenue stream. And let's face it, they are doing this to make money.

I've never been to WDW during W&D and i want to run 2 1/2 marathons this year, this will be #2 if registration goes right. very excited for 2017!

That's the last I saw .... but last I checked, the AP links weren't up yet (even dead links are usually up by now)

Brian
Well hopefully it still is took off 1/17 so I could be near the computer to sign up for the 10k (and maybe 5k)

It's my first time having an annual pass and being able to sign up early so I've no idea how this works. How do you get the link to sign up? I was searching for the annual pass benefits because I think I saw something in there but that page seems to be down (I get the stitch ate the page error message)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

Also what time can we expect to start sign up tomorrow? I've read 12:00 PM EST.

Last edited:
It's my first time having an annual pass and being able to sign up early so I've no idea how this works. How do you get the link to sign up? I was searching for the annual pass benefits because I think I saw something in there but that page seems to be down (I get the stitch ate the page error message)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

You were close. It's here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/rundisney/

Log into your account and if your AP is activated/valid, there will be a link there for you to go to...on that second page the Active.com links will pop up at noon EST tomorrow.

You were close. It's here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/rundisney/

Log into your account and if your AP is activated/valid, there will be a link there for you to go to...on that second page the Active.com links will pop up at noon EST tomorrow.

Also, I think you can just go here (www.rundisney.com/annual-passholders) for the links without logging in; however, you will need to provide passholder info during the registration.

Not to sound mean at all, but please don't post the link to the actual annual passholder page. The one posted above me to be exact. It then opens it for anyone and takes away the benefit from actual AP holders. thanks!

I don't understand… I am not an AP holder (and never have been), and this link is posted on the Disney website for everyone to see, so it is a public link. You still have to confirm that you are an AP holder when you register.

You only check a box saying you have an AP, that link used to only be available to get to if you were logged into your MDE account with an AP attached to your name. It's not hidden very well unfortunately since bookmarks of course, I don't think the link is actually posted on their site. Yes, hopefully they really check to see if those that use it have an AP, but it still would take way early entry spots if anyone tries it.

Last edited:
As a person who has rule-breaking allergies (always afraid it will bite me in the behind later); I wish the AP's much luck tomorrow and I will gear up for Tuesday's open reg.
(Sorry that link is in the "wild"...that would annoy me to no end if I was AP)

You only check a box saying you have an AP, that link used to only be available to get to if you were logged into your MDE account with an AP attached to your name. It's not hidden very well unfortunately since bookmarks of course. Yes, hopefully they really check to see if those that use it have an AP, but it still would take way early entry spots if anyone tries it.

In any case, they post the link on the AP benefits page that @Ariel484 posted above (which is an AP marketing page), so they are definitely not hiding the link (see the red circle below):

AP Benefits.png

Interesting.... I'm pretty sure I could never see the AP page stuff, unless logged in before, either false memory on my part or it's changed. Sorry about that. So, yeah seems like it's a free for all to use now unfortunately.

As a bonus, the AP pages only load half the time for me anyway! (Using Chrome)

I always have to use an alternative browser to see my AP discounts.

And yes (I admit) ... I've posted the links in the past too.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!