***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

We got to DHS this morning a little before 8am, for a 9am opening with a passholder am. We were the 3rd family to the front of the turnstiles. Once they let us in, they just let as go, there was no holding us further up the road. You just got to go right to TSL which REALLY helped spread folks out and not so much crowding. We did Alien and TSM by 9am.

What time did they let you in?

We were there yesterday as well. They kept everyone at the turnstiles until 8:50 and then let everyone in. Everyone seemed to walk calmly back to TSL. We didn’t arrive until 8:30 and were about 20 people back. When we got to SDD, the wait said 35 min but we walked thru fairly quickly and ended up waiting only 15-20 min. After that, we rode Aliens with a 5min wait (posted 10) and TSM with a 10-15 min. The only long lines were for Jessie/Woody and Buzz. We decided not to wait for the characters and instead signed up for Jedi training. There were plenty of spots available throughout the day if you are not picky about times. When we signed up at 10:15, all the shows until 1:00 were full. Everything after that was open. When we went back at 5pm, there were still spots available for the last 3 shows.

Has anyone seen the alien popcorn buckets for sale recently? We arrive next Saturday and go to HS on Sunday. Thanks

Here now. Anyone have 2 extra spots for 2 AP holders as guests? About a dozen people in line with us at main terminals.

Last edited:

Anyone do EMH this morning that can tell me what time you got there and how the crowds were? We will be there next Sunday. Thanks

I was able to snag a FP for the Alien Saucers. I had a choice between TSM and that, but since we've never ridden the new ride I went with that one. I could not get a SDD FP during our visit 11/01-11/10. Pardon the ignorance, but how bad have the wait times been for SDD? I would love to get a chance to ride it, but I'm not able to stand in line for an hour due to health problems. Is there a better time of day to try to get in line such as first thing in the morning or late in the evening? Thank you for the advice.

Anyone do EMH this morning that can tell me what time you got there and how the crowds were? We will be there next Sunday. Thanks

We arrived at the park at 7:30 and quickly got through security and into the park. We were stopped on Hollywood Blvd and were behind probably 200 people. At about 7:45, made announcement that Woody’s backyard was the only thing open for EMH and that CMs would walk us back. Crowd had filled in behind us and there were a lot more people behind us than in front. Started walking soon after and were herded through the animation courtyard archway and we stopped along the fence by slinky in TSL. If heading to SDD, stay towards the right. We saw that first riders were off about 7:55. Line moved steadily and we got on SDD at 8:20. While walking up to SDD, TSM wait was only 5 minutes, but listed at 65 minutes when we walked by after getting off SDD. Aliens time in the app was 45 minutes at that time. Woodys lunchbox was open but not taking mobile orders. That line also moved quickly and both tarts were delicious. As we walked out of TSL, the line for SDD extended past One Mans Dream and almost to Ariel. App listed it at 110 minutes. Other rides at HS were open with very short waits and Star Tours for sure was a walk-on.
On a side note, right now the HS bus stop is quite far from the park entrance. While we saw plenty of buses running early enough, I would drive if you have the option for a shorter walk.
SDD is awesome and I definitely think EMH is worth it if you get there early enough. For comparison, the night before, we got in line at ~8:10 pm (listed 65 minutes, 8:30 park close) and waited ~50 minutes. Seeing it lit up at night is really cool too.

We went to TSL the second week in September and it was surface of the sun hot. There were those pop up umbrellas, but really no help. It was the worse land for heat. Slinky Dog was awesome but even though we had FPs, I still ended up with a heat headache waiting in line and yes I was drinking water. I’ve been thinking about the heat issue ever since. Last night or rather very eary this morning it came to me from insomnia induced frustration & boredom. It’s the design of the whole land! Hear me out. Disney first funnels us all down a corridor of asphalt with buildings on each side, then we enter the land. TSL is made kind of like a cul de sac, but with high, large objects or buildings all along the perimeter. It blocks all sources of flowing air, making the whole land basically a hot box. So no matter how many green umbrellas they add to help with shade, there’s still no air flow, so it stays hot & stale. Plus you add all the body heat & you have misery. Now granted I am sleep deprived so I might be a bit of a loon at the moment, but that’s my reasoning behind the unGodly heat in that land.

We arrived at the park at 7:30 and quickly got through security and into the park. We were stopped on Hollywood Blvd and were behind probably 200 people. At about 7:45, made announcement that Woody’s backyard was the only thing open for EMH and that CMs would walk us back. Crowd had filled in behind us and there were a lot more people behind us than in front. Started walking soon after and were herded through the animation courtyard archway and we stopped along the fence by slinky in TSL. If heading to SDD, stay towards the right. We saw that first riders were off about 7:55. Line moved steadily and we got on SDD at 8:20. While walking up to SDD, TSM wait was only 5 minutes, but listed at 65 minutes when we walked by after getting off SDD. Aliens time in the app was 45 minutes at that time. Woodys lunchbox was open but not taking mobile orders. That line also moved quickly and both tarts were delicious. As we walked out of TSL, the line for SDD extended past One Mans Dream and almost to Ariel. App listed it at 110 minutes. Other rides at HS were open with very short waits and Star Tours for sure was a walk-on.
On a side note, right now the HS bus stop is quite far from the park entrance. While we saw plenty of buses running early enough, I would drive if you have the option for a shorter walk.
SDD is awesome and I definitely think EMH is worth it if you get there early enough. For comparison, the night before, we got in line at ~8:10 pm (listed 65 minutes, 8:30 park close) and waited ~50 minutes. Seeing it lit up at night is really cool too.

Am I understand ding correct that you were there for EMH (not EMM) & the only attractions running were those in Toy Story Land? That's not typical right? It should be the whole park?

We went to TSL the second week in September and it was surface of the sun hot. There were those pop up umbrellas, but really no help. It was the worse land for heat. Slinky Dog was awesome but even though we had FPs, I still ended up with a heat headache waiting in line and yes I was drinking water. I’ve been thinking about the heat issue ever since. Last night or rather very eary this morning it came to me from insomnia induced frustration & boredom. It’s the design of the whole land! Hear me out. Disney first funnels us all down a corridor of asphalt with buildings on each side, then we enter the land. TSL is made kind of like a cul de sac, but with high, large objects or buildings all along the perimeter. It blocks all sources of flowing air, making the whole land basically a hot box. So no matter how many green umbrellas they add to help with shade, there’s still no air flow, so it stays hot & stale. Plus you add all the body heat & you have misery. Now granted I am sleep deprived so I might be a bit of a loon at the moment, but that’s my reasoning behind the unGodly heat in that land.

I'm glad to hear you say this because it's literally the only reason I wanted to find a board like this to find someone who felt the same way and make myself feel a little better about our bad experience. We were there first week in September. We did 5 full 12-hour days at Universal/IOA with 2 little ones and then did one special day at HS for my kiddos who are Toy Story fanatics. We weren't able to get slinky dog FP, TS Mania was down most of the day and the oven at Andy's Lunchbox was down and they were only selling cold turkey sandwiches. We dealt with the heat fine at Universal/IOA, but it was inescapable at HS. There was just nowhere to go to escape the heat. We actually spent an absurd amount of time inside the ABC commissary while eating lunch because we just didn't want to go back outside knowing there was nowhere to hide from the heat. it's been a month and I think about it all the time because it's so disappointing that the land wasn't themed better for young kids...I can't believe there isn't a play area or anywhere at all for little ones to hang out. Even if my 4-year-old had been able to handle waiting in the Slinky dog line for 90 minutes without cover from the sun (which I wasn't willing to risk), there would have been nothing for me to do with my 1-year-old while we waited for them to ride. In fact, we ended up sitting under the shade of the bathrooms outside of Toy Story Land for a good hour at one point because it was the only place we could find that had shade that wasn't a store where I had to worry about my kids destroying anything. It's almost like the Disney day we had been looking forward to for months never happened and I sometimes find myself still looking forward to it because it's like I don't have many good memories from it. Growing up, we went to Disney every single year and I never remember feeling this way afterward.

As you mention, it's got to do with the way there is just no airflow at all -- They should have installed misters into the colorful lights that hang above the walkways. That would have helped at least a little bit.

We were in TSL this past Saturday night with a scheduled 9:00p close.

At 7:30p, the wait for AS2 was 30 minutes which wasn’t bad as we’ve waited close to that amount of time to ride Mater’s in DCA. We then rode TSM with a FP and then to Woody’s.

Everything was backed up there. Mobile Order guests were waiting in line just as long as we did. Drinks had been pre-poured and the ice had almost completely melted in them. The grilled cheese sandwiches were not even warm. The guest in line in front of us watched her food sit on the counter in front of the open window for 5 minutes. We were given our tray while she waited.

The best part of our meal was the Hazelnut Tart. Other guests were complaining the Mobile Order concept was evil and bogging down the walk-up orders. We decided getting food at 8:00p was a mistake.

After that, even though SDD had a posted wait of 45 minutes, we waited less than 30 and watched the SW fireworks from the line. Overall, doing all 3 rides and a Woody’s experience within 1 1/2 hours prior to close wasn’t bad.

It was just plain hot everywhere last week. But I feel you may be right about the air flow problem. I don't know if it would get any better after SWL opens and hopefully a fence or two goes down.

I think this has been discussed before but is SDD longer than 7DMT? It sure seemed like it

Am I understand ding correct that you were there for EMH (not EMM) & the only attractions running were those in Toy Story Land? That's not typical right? It should be the whole park?

We were there for EMH. They made the announcement that it was just TSL that was open, but when we finished with the land, the other rides were indeed open and with no lines. Since they had been opening TSL a little bit early, maybe that announcement just meant that it was just TSL until after 8am? The castmembers walked everyone to TSL, and I don't think they were letting anybody go a different direction first thing in the morning.

I have been out of the Disney loop for awhile but we made a "last minute" decision to surprise the kids in January, so I have to jump back into the fray. I tried to find the answer to this question via the search function but haven't had any luck. Can someone tell me what kind of ride Alien Swirling Saucers is? Is it a Teacups-type ride, or something else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter