Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Boba head at Peevy's. It's not all non-alcoholic anymore. They will put a shot of alcohol in your drink if you want (you had a choice of Bacardi silver, I think some Jack Daniels and some cherry vodka), but I took it to Tune Inn and bought a shot of dark rum to put in mine. Booze at Peevy's bumps the cost of the drink up to $9 plus whatever they charged for the Boba head.

I have been trying to get reservations for Rebel Hanger for 5/23 or 5/30 with no luck. Do they take walk ups? If so how long was the wait? Trying to gauge if we would wait or just eat elsewhere. Really hoping for Rebel Hanger tho.
Thanks!!

Can you get Coke products at RH? Also, anyone have any food reviews? I've never had humus but am strangely intrigued by it at RH.
Interested to hear reports from the week in regards to character times at RH.

Ok here is my review in short order.

We got to RH maybe 5 mins before our ADR which was at 7:20pm this was where I meet Sunrise they had said they were still waiting for their ADR and had been told 30 mins if I'm remembering correctly. Anyhow we must have lucked out cause we got in around 7:30pm and were sat in the Fett area, which is the smaller offshoot room to the left of the entrance. Our service was fantastic we had two different servers in the room which had 4 tables in it so I'm sure they had more that they were tag teaming, but they worked really well together and the service was very speedy. The BF got the Tatooine Sunset which he said was really good (it had pineapple juice though so I hated it). I got the Dagobah Swamp juice which was really delicious and the right amount of sour unlike the Endor that you get at Darth's Mall (I threw 3/4 of it out cause it was SOUR). We also got the Sith and Chips (the hummus), The Thermal Detonators, and The Sliders. The hummus was delicious the red pepper coulis was sooo good and added a great flavor to something that is usually bland. I will definitely order this again on June 13th when we have our other ADR. The thermal Detonaters were also very good the meat fell off the bone and had just the right amount of spicy and heat. The Sliders weren't bad but nothing to right home about they were really just sliders. I thoroughly recommend trying to get in the Fett room as since its sort of closed off it feels more private and loungey plus the added themeing is more prevalent here as the space is smaller. I fully plan on starting a Trip report for all of my Disney adventures and will include pics there and more "detailed" info. We didn't get any characters except for a Jawa at the last minute but it wasn't a big deal for us cause we had our Galactic Breakfast that day plus as you can see from my earlier pictures it was basically impossible fr me to take a good picture that day

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. I know they guaranteed TSMM & Star Tours, but I wasn't sure about the other two.

Was the VIP parade viewing area in the sun? How was the breakfast?
And when we got they asked if we wanted to ride again!!!! So you could do multiples of you group stays moving.

I called that the "Mandalorian Room." They should have had someone playing a piano in there too. but I would like the Star Wars lounge music soundtrack that they do play.

the Sith and Chips is excellent

I called that the "Mandalorian Room." They should have had someone playing a piano in there too
I would have called it that but honestly I was still delirious from the Stein run I did that morning so pronunciation of big words wasn't happening.

Side note if any of y'all saw a girl in a Boba Fett tank holding two mugs and guzzaling frozen coke out of them at a very fast walking/jogging pace. that was me...if I "pushed" past you I'm very sorry but the BF was about to enter the mall and there was NO WAY i was going to wait back in that line.

Does Darth Maul sign autographs?

When we were there in 2013, not only did he sign autographs, he scared the s*** out of my then 7 year old. I have a picture of them standing together, my son looks terrified, if I can find it I'll post it. The person that played Maul that year was incredible, and stayed completely in character. My son walked up, and he began stalking him- seething like in Ep I, staring at him the whole time, pacing back and forth. He then just walked right up to him and stared down at him, grabbed the autograph book from him, signed his name, pointed to the camera. When my son turned to pose, Maul stood next to and slightly behind him, and just as the photographer was about to snap the picture, he smacked his fist into his open hand- which with the leather gloves made it LOUD. My son jumped a good foot in the air and you can see how startled he was in the picture. It was fantastic.

there was a large area, taped off, and yes parents were permitted to sit with their children, at least they were on Saturday. Please do this and do not put your children on your shoulders at the last minute so paying guests behind you can't see anything. one of the best things about this area is that there were no children on shoulders.

They won't even let you into the viewing area until 10 AM. You can get the credentials earlier and either stand in line to enter, or leave and come back. The later you wait to enter the area the less space there will be in the children's area. You may want to tell people if you are trying to hold space for more children and adults. it might be wiser for you to have your entire family together to enter, nice as it would be for the kids to get in a couple more rides before 11. Stake out your spot, then any of you can go out and in.

Yeah, I would absolutely hate it if someone did that to me, so that's why I wouldn't want to do the same in order for my kids to see anything. A children's section is a fantastic idea. I think, unless people think otherwise, that I will get everyone's credentials and wait by the ropes, have my family meet me there close to 10, then we stake out our spot, place some of our things down, let them go while maybe one of our kids hangs with me, then the rest can rejoin around 10:30-10:45. Does that sound reasonable?

These are not the droids I'm looking for.

No chopper or c3po meet this year?? :sad:

I mean, i'll still have a good time but those are the two I was most looking forward to. Just going to get all my sadness out on here before my trip :(

When we were there in 2013, not only did he sign autographs, he scared the s*** out of my then 7 year old. I have a picture of them standing together, my son looks terrified, if I can find it I'll post it. The person that played Maul that year was incredible, and stayed completely in character. My son walked up, and he began stalking him- seething like in Ep I, staring at him the whole time, pacing back and forth. He then just walked right up to him and stared down at him, grabbed the autograph book from him, signed his name, pointed to the camera. When my son turned to pose, Maul stood next to and slightly behind him, and just as the photographer was about to snap the picture, he smacked his fist into his open hand- which with the leather gloves made it LOUD. My son jumped a good foot in the air and you can see how startled he was in the picture. It was fantastic.

Haha! This has me really excited for this Friday!!! My son is OBSESSED with Darth Maul. Episode I is the only movie he ever wants to watch...but he is 5 so I'm pretty sure he will get intimidated by DM standing right there in front of him...I can't wait! Lol

Yeah, I would absolutely hate it if someone did that to me, so that's why I wouldn't want to do the same in order for my kids to see anything. A children's section is a fantastic idea. I think, unless people think otherwise, that I will get everyone's credentials and wait by the ropes, have my family meet me there close to 10, then we stake out our spot, place some of our things down, let them go while maybe one of our kids hangs with me, then the rest can rejoin around 10:30-10:45. Does that sound reasonable?
completely reasonable. Remember that you can also grab as many snacks and drinks as you want so that might help pass the time as well

We have a RH at 8:10 on weekend IV. Will there be any characters that late?
all reports I heard was that the bulk of the characters seem to leave around 7ish...but not sure. No real way to tell since even if you do ask they will just tell you "you never know who might be walking thru"

Can anyone at a WDW resort ask the Front Desk if or when they will have the maps for weekend II. Just looking for autograph times.
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone, got transferred 4 times, only to be told that the celebrities will sign autographs at 6:15 am...when I told the agent that that was not true, she said "well that's the information I have"

Does anyone know whether Disney will allow use of the DAS cards for the shows? There is no way one of my party can wait in the full sun for an hour, given his condition. Alternatively, will we be drawn and quartered by a mob if the rest of us waits in the sun and he joins us at the last minute when they start letting people in?

Without getting into too much detail, an umbrella isn't going to fix our issues. We are pretty entertaining dealing with our issues (and we do travel in summer), so we never have actually requested a card before. But, there is no way he would make it in line for an hour for one show, much less all of them. I have a FP for one , but they're all gone for the others. I checked as soon as I learned about line conditions.

Non SWW related but I have a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest for 3pp on Thursday, May 28 at 6:10pm I'm going to cancel. Please PM me if you are interested.

So I wanted to tell you guys my plans for this upcoming weekend to see if it's even feasible:
Friday May 22:
1. Sci Fi galactic breakfast at 8:05.
2. Try to get into Chewies line after breakfast, if it's already cut off we will go try for Darth Maul.
3. Check in for FTF premium package and wait for parade.
4. Try for Jango Fett after parade and then leave for a mid day break
5. After break, meet either Chewie or Darth Maul(whichever I didn't get earlier)
6. Rebel Hangar ADR at 5:15
7. Maybe try for Jedi Council after ADR(are they even out that late?)
8. Check out Darths Mall?
9. Check in for dessert party at 8:30.
We will be back on Sunday evening to finish up any characters we missed and for the Jedi Mickey dinner.
Does this sound ok?
Was Luke still roaming during the day during the entire weekend? My son wants to meet Luke but is VERY against meeting any princesses...including Leia:( I would like to plan on meeting him but don't want to wait in the line only to have her come out when we get to the front. He won't meet her so it would end up being a waste of time. Any suggestions will be welcome! This is our first SWW so I'm very excited but also very nervous. It looks like the characters rotating are going to make things tricky. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter