Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obi wan started late as well. We were late for our 7:50 RH res.

ETA and RH was slow too. To get seated and get service. I think the hummous came before my drink.

Hello fellow SWWers -

Thank you to everyone who posted info about Weekend I! I will be attending this weekend and have been every year for the past few years.

I have some questions regarding viewing spots -

1. I heard something about the Premium Package parade viewing spot might be in the secret spot by the curio shop right at the gate. Is this true? Is that spot on the curb by the gate next to the curio shop still a good motorcade viewing spot this year?

2. Where is a good place to stand for optimal viewing of both the pre-show and the fireworks for Symphony of the Stars? I don't want to be too close to the stage so that I can get a good view of the fireworks, although, without the hat, it might be easier. But, I want to be able to see the pre-show.

I am truly heartbroken C3P0 may not be out at all this year. I love him and have had so many wonderful interactions with him. He even remembered my name from one year to the next! :love::love::love:

Thank you all! And, may the force be with you!

TLM
Deluxe Premium Package parade spot
11008597_10206893019469785_6756039346106597242_n.jpg

the spot right next to the shop on the shady side is open to any guests. This was the case this past weekend. It can change next weekend
2.- To watch the pre show on stage and fireworks I would say anywhere from the tip board toward the stage, unless you have parents that put their kids on their shoulders.
If you want you can also watch the pre show on the jumbotron of the Hyperion Theater (Old AIE) and then watch the fireworks from there.

the reports indicate that if you have a 4pm to 4:40pm Rebel Hangar your service will be quick, after that it gets slower and slower. Maybe there's only one bartender? I didn't check. Also servers have too many tables to take care of.
Also from 4pm to 5pm it sounds like only the Cantina Band are out. After that it seems like from 5is to 7ish you get Sabine, Ezra, Jawas and Greedo?

There were a couple of jawas early on, too, after the Modal Nodes went around. While the Modal Nodes hung out, the jawas breezed through pretty fast, maybe looking for traders. Bring something to trade with them if you'd like to.

next one I have is 4:20 on Friday but I have a 6:30 Sat. I may or may not keep.

I ate from 5 to 6pm. Saw no characters until 5:30. Jawas finally showed, but were looking for kids. We traded a sticker for a bracelet that my wife quickly disinfected.

We were ready to leave when sabine and Ezra came by. Glad we caught them but I'm pretty sure our server helped them find us as they quickly breezed through the restaurant.20150518_121308.png

The food was actually good. The waffles were crunchy and the corn dogs were crisp. :)

Unrelated to Star Wars but would impact my plan for my day at SWW. Did anyone happen to see if Hiro and Baymax were meeting while they were there? Hoping to catch them while we are at DHS.

I am a big collector, especially on Star Wars Weekends, so here are some cool things you may not have seen...

Galactic Dine-In Menu and Lightsaber (which you can have both). Lightsaber changes colors to red if you want:

29p226o.jpg

30sjyg4.jpg

Photopass card:

dn0yg4.jpg

Gift card designs (available in Darth's Mall):

309624p.jpg

Set of 8 small buttons (also available in Darth's Mall at the checkout counter).

Interestingly enough, the Mickey and Donald shown are the exact same ones on the MagicBands, but Goofy and Darth Vader don't have a custom MagicBand....

k984nb.jpg
If anyone is interested I have 3 of the logo photopass cards that I was just going to throw away. Let me know if you want them

I ate from 5 to 6pm. Saw no characters until 5:30. Jawas finally showed, but were looking for kids. We traded a sticker for a bracelet that my wife quickly disinfected.

We were ready to leave when sabine and Ezra came by. Glad we caught them but I'm pretty sure our server helped them find us as they quickly breezed through the restaurant.View attachment 97306

The food was actually good. The waffles were crunchy and the corn dogs were crisp. :)
how awesome that your wife was wearing the tunic :D It was so nice to chat with you and your wife. Hope you had a blast

If you are on the premium package, I do not believe they will allow you to park a stroller in the children's seating area. There was stroller parking off to the side. Parents could sit on the ground with their children, or sit on the ground and hold the children in their laps, but they had to sit, or at least be sitting when the parade came by. you could stand right behind the children's area but then your children might not be really close to you, or if you have a child too young to be in the area without you, you will want to sit with your child. I didn't see any strollers right behind either.

Wheelchair area was separate and to the right of the children's seating area.

Someone came in with a wheelchair topped by an enormous canopy and it wasn't possible to see over it, but otherwise there would generally be family members standing behind the wheelchairs, and others could stand behind the family members. so if you weren't with a guest in a chair, you would be more likely to be up front there if you stood behind the children rather than the wheelchairs.

Only two times available, around 11 and around 4:30.

Thanks! I did not realize there was a children's seating area, and that parents can sit with their children. That being said, how does that change the "spot staking" scenario for PP? Do we still run a great risk of that area being full and then DS6 and DS2 not being able to see unless we lift them and block everyone else's view? Even if parking a stroller is needed (which is perfectly fine), I am just trying to see if I need to keep all 5 of us together from credential pick-up all the way until parade start time (including waiting outside the PP ropes) in order to ensure that they can see (and we be able to be there with them - as DS2 WILL run). Thanks so much!

this makes me sad and angry. Taken directly from the SWW WDW site...how many mistakes can you find? Someone needs to fix their copy/paste mistake
Weekend 3: May 29 to 31, 2015
Learn about celebrities appearing for autographs, shows and more during Weekend 3 of Star Wars Weekends! Appearances include:

Warwick Davis

Ashley Eckstein

Steve Blum

• Characters Portrayed: Voice of Zeb Orrelios –Star Wars Rebels)
  • Appearing During: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade; Padawan Mind Challenge; and Celebrity Autograph Sessions
Daniel Logan

• Characters Portrayed: Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones; and the voice of Boba Fett – Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Appearing During: Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade; Stars of the SagaStar Wars Celebrity Talk Show; and Celebrity Autograph Sessions
James Arnold Taylor

Don’t forget to pick up a special Star Wars Weekends guidemap when you enter the park!

Please note: Entertainment and appearances are subject to change.

Thanks! I did not realize there was a children's seating area, and that parents can sit with their children. That being said, how does that change the "spot staking" scenario for PP? Do we still run a great risk of that area being full and then DS6 and DS2 not being able to see unless we lift them and block everyone else's view? Even if parking a stroller is needed (which is perfectly fine), I am just trying to see if I need to keep all 5 of us together from credential pick-up all the way until parade start time (including waiting outside the PP ropes) in order to ensure that they can see (and we be able to be there with them - as DS2 WILL run). Thanks so much!

there was a large area, taped off, and yes parents were permitted to sit with their children, at least they were on Saturday. Please do this and do not put your children on your shoulders at the last minute so paying guests behind you can't see anything. one of the best things about this area is that there were no children on shoulders.

They won't even let you into the viewing area until 10 AM. You can get the credentials earlier and either stand in line to enter, or leave and come back. The later you wait to enter the area the less space there will be in the children's area. You may want to tell people if you are trying to hold space for more children and adults. it might be wiser for you to have your entire family together to enter, nice as it would be for the kids to get in a couple more rides before 11. Stake out your spot, then any of you can go out and in.

Last edited:
how awesome that your wife was wearing the tunic :D It was so nice to chat with you and your wife. Hope you had a blast
We had an awesome time with no small thanks to this thread and it's members.

Another magical rebels event was that tiya was in the dppftf/vip area for the fireworks. She remembered us and that we were on our honeymoon. Good times. Glad to get a photo of sabine, then later tiya with my wife wearing her armor!

Interested to hear reports from the week in regards to character times at RH. I have a couple of weekly times that I am trying to plan around.

I would also like to know how much the Boba Fett Steins are going for.

Where are the locations they have been seen at other then Darth's Mall?
(Think they would have them at the Mall first thing in the morning there?)

What drinks have they been offering to get in them. Thanks! :thumbsup2

The best place to find the Boba stein would be Pevy's cocktails, which is the little inserted beverage location to the left of Min and Bill's as you head towards H&V. This was where I picked up my two after the Mall had sold out and when we walked by there around 3:00pm they still had a small quantity left. At the Mall they will sell you any of the drinks that they offer at Tusken raiders. I didn't take not of the price for the non-alcoholic ones but the one that came with an adult beverage was $23. At Pevy's its all non-alcoholic and mostly frozen so they were $10.

Anyone happen to notice what time TSMM is closing? I assume it's 8:30, but just want confirmation.
When we ere there yesterday the sign read 8:45 pm though it is one of those signs where you just stick numbers to it so it may change throughout the day.

Unrelated to Star Wars but would impact my plan for my day at SWW. Did anyone happen to see if Hiro and Baymax were meeting while they were there? Hoping to catch them while we are at DHS.
Hiro and Baymax are still meeting in the Animation building. Their meet begins at 10:30 and the waits can get up to 1-2 hours long. Their last set ends at 6:30 and it's best to get in line by 4:45/5:00 so you don't miss out.

the reports indicate that if you have a 4pm to 4:40pm Rebel Hangar your service will be quick, after that it gets slower and slower. Maybe there's only one bartender? I didn't check. Also servers have too many tables to take care of.
Also from 4pm to 5pm it sounds like only the Cantina Band are out. After that it seems like from 5is to 7ish you get Sabine, Ezra, Jawas and Greedo?

That was my experience. Cantina band was out when we were seated at about 5 (4:50 reservation but emergency kid bathroom break right before we were called). The rest came before we left at 6, though Sabine and Ezra were probably 5:45 or later. Wait staff seems stressed. It's obviously not a normal sit down restaurant so it seemed like they had to walk long distances and stuff.
Portions were bigger than I though, and bigger than necessary. There were A LOT of corn dogs in an order!!

That was my experience. Cantina band was out when we were seated at about 5 (4:50 reservation but emergency kid bathroom break right before we were called). The rest came before we left at 6, though Sabine and Ezra were probably 5:45 or later. Wait staff seems stressed. It's obviously not a normal sit down restaurant so it seemed like they had to walk long distances and stuff.
Portions were bigger than I though, and bigger than necessary. There were A LOT of corn dogs in an order!!
strange question...how easy was it to separate the sausage from the corn mix. My daughter can't have corn (just an intolerance not a life threatening allergy) but she loves wieners and sausages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter