Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our food delivery was super fast. But we were early. Not sure if it changed later. We were in and out in under an hour. Ordered food and then desserts.

Very different for us later, but I think it was more on our server. She asked to take our order immediately after seating but we hadn't had time to look at the menu. Was then 10 to 15 minutes before she came back. 20 to 25 minutes after that we still didn't even have our drinks when food was delivered, but one of the dishes was wrong. That super nice CM corrected that within a couple minutes and then brought us our drinks a minute later. No characters came around that we saw. The food and drinks were good though once we got them.

A word to the wise on RH... The characters stop at a certain time. We had a 7:40 reservation. We noticed Greedo walking around, but he didn't stop by our table. He went in at 7:45. No one else came out. Our friends has a 6:25 and saw Greedo and Sabine and Ezra. We saw no one. The manager came over as he noticed us waiting and let us know that the characters were over at the fireworks preshow. Good and drinks were great, but experience was disappointing after previous reports.

Ok, just catching up on lots of posts and am pretty disappointed to see that there actually were characters earlier. Our time was 7:45 and when we were seated were told there were lots of characters coming thru. Finally figured it was just a "story" they were telling because we saw none.

Okay no boba mug got three stories. One was shipment didn't come what they had was gone in an hour. Second was no mugs At all. maybe restocking (stocking) maybe not. Third was what mugs.

Just got back to the room. We did the VIP package and it was phenomenal. It was definitely the best day we have ever had at Disney! The tour guides were amazing! We were in the park for 16 hours!

What rides did you get to do as part of the tour? Did you have access to all of the shows? Did you have priority access to Darth's Mall besides first thing in the morning? What characters did you get to meet as part of the VIP package? What did they have for breakfast? Did you have to arrive pretty early for the VIP parade spot, or did your group show up a little bit before? Sorry for all of the questions. I am trying to find out more about it for next year. Of course, I'm sure everything will change by then. Thanks

The cupcake bucket is horrible. You would only pay .40¢ more to buy all three full size cupcakes separate then the bucket price. I will skip that part so I don't have that problem. May buy a full cupcake I want and then buy the popcorn bucket myself.

@yulilin3 what. Time did you arrive at dhs? Oh wait you guys went to the autograph fp line first huh?

Well tHank you for the video I have a visual which REALLY helps me as well as other first timers I'm sure.

There Was someone on here that was first and second, does anyone know who they were? I have some questions for them

Anyone going Weekend IV want a Vader or Yoda cupcake? I'd like to get the trio for the bucket, but I can only have the Jabba due to allergies. Maybe if I bring some Benadryl I can have a bite of the others. I'd happily give them away, though.

My 13 year old son and I are going, we will be in HS on June 5yh :)

This is disappointing. We have a 7:15pm reservation for a Thursday so I have no idea what to expect. I guess they aren't ~promising~ characters, but I understand why you would be disappointed.
I'm thinking that since there are no fireworks during the week that the characters will stay the whole time.

Anakin was a great interaction, he was very chatty which made the line go very slowly.
How old was this anakin? 5-8yo range, teenager range, young man range?

A good note the Blister pack line runs on the side of the pack this year
I'm confused. What's the blister pack?

@yulilin3 what. Time did you arrive at dhs? Oh wait you guys went to the autograph fp line first huh?

Well tHank you for the video I have a visual which REALLY helps me as well as other first timers I'm sure.

There Was someone on here that was first and second, does anyone know who they were? I have some questions for them
Are you talking about the Chewie run? If so we were 2nd and Artax was first.

Also I can't remembered if I posted this already or not...I think my brain is still asleep...the AP posters "for the day" we're gone (according to the CM ) at 1 pm. So if you want to get one go fairly early. We got ours early so no problem there ...I was surprised they ran out. Note the sign did specifically say For the day so they will have more this weekend

I'm thinking that since there are no fireworks during the week that the characters will stay the whole time.

How old was this anakin? 5-8yo range, teenager range, young man range?

I'm confused. What's the blister pack?
Anakin is a man I would guess 20s

Blister Pack is the group from the Clone Wars ...Cody, Rex, Ventress and Ahsoka. They rotate and meet down at the end of Streets of America

Ok so my three goals for our SWW day:
1. JTA
2. Chewie
3. Darth Mall

How can I get these accomplished? What order would the experts recommend? It's Me my DH and 2 DS. I planned on sending my DH to wait in some line while I hopefully sign my Boys up for JTA first thing in the morning.

@yulilin3 thanks again for the great info on this thread!
Split up. One goes to chewies line while the other takes the two boys to sign for jta.
For jta stay top the far left of Hollywood Blvd, for Chewie go down Hollywood Blvd make a left on to commissary lane and you'll fine the end of chewies line
Darth mall in the late afternoon

Awake at 6am even though I put my alarm for 7am.
Today is dpp day so well arrive at the park around 9:30 and just hang around the front.
After parade and welcome show we will be at ABC commissary for our meet until about 12 15 then it's the Rebel show, stars of the saga and go inside Darth's Mall hope to see you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter