Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm gonna show my ignorance and ask who is Linda?

She is a huge fan of Luke Skywalker. She's usually dressed as Mara Jade. And there each weekend. We usually see her camped out for autographs, in line for characters, waiting for the parade, etc.

OK, I'm gonna show my ignorance and ask who is Linda?

She is a huge fan of Luke Skywalker. She's usually dressed as Mara Jade. And there each weekend. We usually see her camped out for autographs, in line for characters, waiting for the parade, etc.
I'll add that not only is she a HUGE Luke fan she legally changed her last name to Skywalker. Last year there were some issues with her when Mark Hamill came, some say she wasn't allowed inside the theater for his show but I'm not sure that's true.
She's a SUPER FAN of SWW. She gets there Thursday night and doesn't go back home until Sunday morning so she camps out every night for autographs. Guest Relations hold her stuff every day so she can freshen up in the restrooms. All in all (she has some sort of mental condition but I haven't really talked to her about it) she's a very sweet lady after you get past her level on fandom

maybe i can call from work :ssst: although with the exchange rate it'll probably cost me $250 AUS per statue, looks like i'll be choosing the Stormtrooper
Have you tried Skype? I think you can make international calls pretty cheap and that other end doesn't necessarily need to have Skype to receive the call. I don't have first hand experience with this but I have been told that is how it works.

I'll add that not only is she a HUGE Luke fan she legally changed her last name to Skywalker. Last year there were some issues with her when Mark Hamill came, some say she wasn't allowed inside the theater for his show but I'm not sure that's true.
She's a SUPER FAN of SWW. She gets there Thursday night and doesn't go back home until Sunday morning so she camps out every night for autographs. Guest Relations hold her stuff every day so she can freshen up in the restrooms. All in all (she has some sort of mental condition but I haven't really talked to her about it) she's a very sweet lady after you get past her level on fandom

I'm pretty sure she was at his show last year.

I just really want the schedule to be announced. I have eleventy billion SW meals I need to drop once I figure out what each of them conflicts with.

If you happen to have a H&V for May 15th that you plan to cancel...please keep me in mind ;)

The lego ones? I didn't know either! Thanks for the info

Not Lego. It is the Commando mini sets...the ones that remind a person of green army men. I don't know if they have any Lego sets on sale though. They are running a b1g1 50% off on some of their toys right now. And some have a Cartwheel coupon (both those included and not included in the b1g1).

All of the above plus DHS Management somehow forgot alcohol is sold throughout the park.

:rotfl2:Maybe they forgot because they partook...:drinking1. Haha...but, seriously, I hope no one was hurt!

My hopes are now up for Harrison Ford and JJ Abrams to be at a dessert party that will be held before we are treated to a special showing of The Force Awakens and all given free D-Tech Me figures. If I'm going to dream, I will dream big.

Oh my word. If they showed Ep7...

1309980381756.jpg

ALL. OF. IT.:lmao:

when does Disney open the booking window for next year? All these trips there and I am having a brain freeze..

Oh, Linda seemed nice enough, and she was very chatty, but it lead to a lot of questions from the kids. We'd never heard of her and weren't sure what to think, but then when she was talking to Amidala, the character handler gave us a high-level explanation.

She's definitely not the only person that the kids had questions about. There was a dude running around in a full Jack Sparrow outfit that raised questions as well (like why is that guy dressed as a pirate for Star Wars weekend? LOL!), and then the superfan mom who was in line behind us at the Jedi council meet screaming at her little kids for not knowing which Anakin outfits went with what movie. She had two boys, each dressed as a different version of Anakin, and they had apparently accidentally switched belts, and she literally screamed at them, "How could you have done this? Don't you remember ANYTHING about the Phantom Menace?" I'd rather chat with Linda Skywalker any day over being stuck by that lady for even two minutes again.

Oh, Linda seemed nice enough, and she was very chatty, but it lead to a lot of questions from the kids. We'd never heard of her and weren't sure what to think, but then when she was talking to Amidala, the character handler gave us a high-level explanation.

She's definitely not the only person that the kids had questions about. There was a dude running around in a full Jack Sparrow outfit that raised questions as well (like why is that guy dressed as a pirate for Star Wars weekend? LOL!), and then the superfan mom who was in line behind us at the Jedi council meet screaming at her little kids for not knowing which Anakin outfits went with what movie. She had two boys, each dressed as a different version of Anakin, and they had apparently accidentally switched belts, and she literally screamed at them, "How could you have done this? Don't you remember ANYTHING about the Phantom Menace?" I'd rather chat with Linda Skywalker any day over being stuck by that lady for even two minutes again.
:eek:

... and then the superfan mom who was in line behind us at the Jedi council meet screaming at her little kids for not knowing which Anakin outfits went with what movie. She had two boys, each dressed as a different version of Anakin, and they had apparently accidentally switched belts, and she literally screamed at them, "How could you have done this? Don't you remember ANYTHING about the Phantom Menace?"

Why would that woman freak out about a movie that is a figment of her imagination and never happened?:rolleyes1

But seriously, those poor, poor children.

Even the best of us have meltdowns at Disney, and I have embarrassing memories of yelling at the kids for being stinkers on a couple of our trips, but these boys weren't misbehaving at all. She had a whole big bag of costumes for them, and she was all stressing over getting them dressed as Anakin when the characters switched out, but they literally just put the wrong belts on. And she lost it on them. And we weren't anywhere close to the front of the line...there were at least 10 groups in front of us, and she was behind us.

Even the best of us have meltdowns at Disney, and I have embarrassing memories of yelling at the kids for being stinkers on a couple of our trips, but these boys weren't misbehaving at all. She had a whole big bag of costumes for them, and she was all stressing over getting them dressed as Anakin when the characters switched out, but they literally just put the wrong belts on. And she lost it on them. And we weren't anywhere close to the front of the line...there were at least 10 groups in front of us, and she was behind us.
It sounds like she needed a hug, some water and a protein bar :)

I am working on my FP for my trip in just under 60 days :love: while simultaneously stalking this thread. Just curious... For those of you within your 60 day window, have you already made FP for your DHS days and plan to change them when they release SW related FP or are you just waiting to book new ones at that time. Can't decide if there is an advantage/disadvantage to either approach.

I am working on my FP for my trip in just under 60 days :love: while simultaneously stalking this thread. Just curious... For those of you within your 60 day window, have you already made FP for your DHS days and plan to change them when they release SW related FP or are you just waiting to book new ones at that time. Can't decide if there is an advantage/disadvantage to either approach.

I'm new to the whole booking FP but I wonder the same thing. I went ahead and booked FP for that day and plan on changing them. I wanted to go ahead and get a ST FP so I didn't miss out or get one when something else was going on. Managed to get a ST FP for 8:45-9:45.

Since the SW FPs will likely be tier 1 again this year, unless there is a tier 2 attraction that you really want to have scheduled at a specific time of the day, there is no reason to do them in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter