***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Are they cracking down on people playing with their lightsabers in the park now? Heard that as a rumor.
Well then they better get "cracking down" on the rainbow colored ones they like sell like in the MK as some of the kids swinging away is going on like crazy at times.......;)

I’ve never seen anyone with one out during the day. I’ve only been at night twice and both times there were people with a powered on lightsabers walking around. I was one of them the second time (a Disney store Anakin/Luke saber I got on clearance years ago) and it was really awesome to walk around pretending to be Rey with a lightsaber. :) Got some good pics too before my gold pass turned into a silver one. There was the occasional clash between two blades but no extended fights. A dark side person held his blade out for me to gently hit it as we passed each other. Tons of fun. I think I’ll bring it back when I hop to HS at night even though I don’t need pics now. Need to think of a more convenient way to carry it though. I had bubble wrap and a small chair bag.

I saw many light sabers out at night. We were in line for the Falcon and I could see some out and turned on. They are hard to miss at night. Not a lot of room to be swinging them around though.

My fastpass day is this Wednesday and I wanted to ask how much time are people spending for the most part in SWGE? Just so I know how to schedule these fastpasses...TIA

My fastpass day is this Wednesday and I wanted to ask how much time are people spending for the most part in SWGE? Just so I know how to schedule these fastpasses...TIA

This is really difficult to answer as each family has a different number of people who want to do various things. Some people want to explore every single detail of the land and stores while others just want to graze over things.

Our family of 2 are not big SW fans. Our 2 main goals were to purchase a Porg and ride the MF. We were in the land less than 2 hours.

From my research so far; I still intend to get fastpasses for the late morning to try to have them 'done' by 1pm and then start searching for other passes. I'll be going into HS twice on my trip in Nov. Once late at night to try to take advantage of everyone else going to SW super early in the morning and lower crowds, and another day with EMH where I plan to rope drop SW.
I'll be also going over Christmas and I may just kill us trying to get into RotR as early as possible, so we'll see how that goes.

This is really difficult to answer as each family has a different number of people who want to do various things. Some people want to explore every single detail of the land and stores while others just want to graze over things.

Our family of 2 are not big SW fans. Our 2 main goals were to purchase a Porg and ride the MF. We were in the land less than 2 hours.
Agree with this, would say 2 hours for ride+explore a bit if you're not big fans, max of maybe 4 hours if you're really psyched about it and want to do some of the extras. Think the way that it's been working out is:

- Smuggler's Run - About an hour, obviously could be longer at peak times
- Oga's - An hour on average
- Savi's/Droid - 30-40 min each, I think?

The rest is up to you.

Now that we're into October and the European holiday season, how have the crowds been in SWGE? Any noticeable increase?

Now that we're into October and the European holiday season, how have the crowds been in SWGE? Any noticeable increase?
Falcon currently at 90 minutes on a Monday in the early afternoon.
FoP at 205 to compare.

Falcon does have a higher hourly capacity tho.

I'll also add one thing I don't like about Smugglers Run is how much of it depends on the other people.

I've gone on it 4 times now, Gunner once, Engineer twice, and right pilot once.

The 4th time I was on as Engineer was by far my worst experience. I had 3 in my party (they were a gunner and other engineer), the other people were party of 3 women. They had no idea what they were doing, and were just yelling and screaming real loud, crashing everywhere. The gunner just wanted to record the whole thing. Was not a good time at all.

Extremely fair criticism and an interesting bit about Smuggler's Run. Wonder if they might add new missions (obv not in the near future) to spice things up.

I would love multiple missions but it’d be a bit more complicated than Star Tours because of the very detailed briefing from Hondo, both right before you board and right before you get in the cockpit.

I wonder if Disney will ever change the time period for the land? It’s current now, but as of the evening of Dec 20 it will be in the past. Doesn’t seem like it’d be too hard to shift the time forward a bit, except maybe for RotR. I intentionally know almost nothing about it.

I'll also add one thing I don't like about Smugglers Run is how much of it depends on the other people.

I've gone on it 4 times now, Gunner once, Engineer twice, and right pilot once.

The 4th time I was on as Engineer was by far my worst experience. I had 3 in my party (they were a gunner and other engineer), the other people were party of 3 women. They had no idea what they were doing, and were just yelling and screaming real loud, crashing everywhere. The gunner just wanted to record the whole thing. Was not a good time at all.

The fact that I have seen so many reports like this is concerning. It should not be the case that guests are having unpleasant experiences on any disney ride. Sure they can reward good flying with bonuses like the extra coaxium / extended scenes. But why Disney would allow the ride to be awful if piloted by people with less video-game skill, or in the case of kids, who are too small to reach controls, is just not right. Why would they want people to have an awful time?

The fact that I have seen so many reports like this is concerning. It should not be the case that guests are having unpleasant experiences on any disney ride. Sure they can reward good flying with bonuses like the extra coaxium / extended scenes. But why Disney would allow the ride to be awful if piloted by people with less video-game skill, or in the case of kids, who are too small to reach controls, is just not right. Why would they want people to have an awful time?
Not sure this is possible with the ride but I wonder if they could override manual controls to autopilot if the pilot is that bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter