***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Any rumors or thoughts on the HS Tiers changing when Rise of the Resistance opens? We are going in May and was just curious what everyone thought.

THanks

No change for the foreseeable future as Disney has already stated that there will be no fastpasses for RoR or MFSR. I suspect we'd be more likely to see an update to tiers once MMRR opens.

We visited Oga's west on Tuesday and had kind of an interesting experience. My Disneyland app had a glitch so I closed it and reopened...with no sign of my reservation. When we landed on Batuu several hours later, we figured we'd pop over to the line for Oga's to make sure we were still in the system. The hostess found our reservation on her "data pad" and checked us in about 90 minutes early. Is it usual for the reservation time to be so flexible?

Hoping this is true. We have a 2:30 ADR on the 13th, but found out my daughter has a chorale performance that afternoon that we'd like to go to. It would be great if we can get into Oga's early and head out immediately after. Haven't heard her sing since she moved down to Florida.

Just cancelled reservations for trip planned week of December 2nd. We had planned the trip well before the announcement of opening date for ROTR. However, when I attempted to pull fast passes this morning at 7am, I could not get anything we wanted in 3 parks! Rides were available in Magic Kingdom. This was going to be our last trip using annual passes that expire in December, but it appears that the parks are going to be VERY CROWDED that week. We have typically gone during that time period and have been able to get most fast passes we want, but I am just guessing that opening of ROTR is pulling in additional guests. Oh well, goodbye Disney. We are not renewing passes, as they have gotten too expensive for us. See you whenever, Mickey :wave2:

Just cancelled reservations for trip planned week of December 2nd. We had planned the trip well before the announcement of opening date for ROTR. However, when I attempted to pull fast passes this morning at 7am, I could not get anything we wanted in 3 parks! Rides were available in Magic Kingdom. This was going to be our last trip using annual passes that expire in December, but it appears that the parks are going to be VERY CROWDED that week. We have typically gone during that time period and have been able to get most fast passes we want, but I am just guessing that opening of ROTR is pulling in additional guests. Oh well, goodbye Disney. We are not renewing passes, as they have gotten too expensive for us. See you whenever, Mickey :wave2:
I'm so sorry to hear you felt the need to do this. So hard to cancel a trip you've been looking forward to!

We had similar concerns about our trip the second week of September but I trusted Touring Plans and it ended up being very accurate. For us the parks were very manageable and much lighter than the last 2 times we'd visited in Jan 2018 and Dec 2018.

For those who may still have a trip booked for the week that RotR opens, TP is still showing overall crowds of 4's and 5's which were the same last year and although the parks were busy, crowds and wait times were quite manageable!

Quick question regarding scheduling in SWGE. Would it be better to do the Droid Depot and the Lightsaber back to back or do one each on separate days? I see on the map that they are next to each other, is that correct? How long does each take? TIA

Quick question regarding scheduling in SWGE. Would it be better to do the Droid Depot and the Lightsaber back to back or do one each on separate days? I see on the map that they are next to each other, is that correct? How long does each take? TIA
both experiences take roughly 20 min from the moment you start. You will have to wait to be checked in at each, that can take about 10 to 15 mins. depending on crowds
The other thing to consider is if you will be sending your purchases to the front of the park/resort or if you plan on carrying them with you.
Discussion of both of these experience is done in the merchandise thread

both experiences take roughly 20 min from the moment you start. You will have to wait to be checked in at each, that can take about 10 to 15 mins. depending on crowds
The other thing to consider is if you will be sending your purchases to the front of the park/resort or if you plan on carrying them with you.
Discussion of both of these experience is done in the merchandise thread
One last question if I may...I have an Oga's Cantina reservation for 10:25am on the 9th of Dec....does this help with anything in regards to getting in to the land due to ROTR...because I also have an Oga's for the evening...which obviously works better in regards to drinks. Also thank you for your reply regarding the scheduling...I will definitely check out the merchandise thread. :)

I'm so sorry to hear you felt the need to do this. So hard to cancel a trip you've been looking forward to!

We had similar concerns about our trip the second week of September but I trusted Touring Plans and it ended up being very accurate. For us the parks were very manageable and much lighter than the last 2 times we'd visited in Jan 2018 and Dec 2018.

For those who may still have a trip booked for the week that RotR opens, TP is still showing overall crowds of 4's and 5's which were the same last year and although the parks were busy, crowds and wait times were quite manageable!
Thanks - it is tough to do, but it is so expensive when you combine air fare, pet care, hotel, food, special events you may want to attend, etc. So when we were unable to get fast passes we wanted at the first possible moment, my husband said to cancel. I did speak with Disney cast member before cancelling, who said that while that time is normally ok, they had definitely noted an increase in reservations for the week, with virtually no availability now. She commented that "Disney suddenly got very popular." Again, I don't know if this is because of ROTR, but it probably is at least a contributing factor.

Second that as our trip in Aug was right in the middle of the opening of SWGE! Crowds were indeed there, in HS, rest of Disney was very manageable was even able to snag a same day FOP FP+, SDMT averaged about 30 mins and in the MDE FP+ were popping up so to cancel a trip because one could not get a FP+ at a certain time is wild....wow, go have fun there is PLENTY to do other then ride Slinky Dog Dash at exactly 10am....

Quick comment re: Light Sabers. When we were at DHS in September I was surprised when they made an announcement in the Rock 'n Roller Coaster queue that guests with light sabers had to use the 'child swap' option so that someone could wait with the light saber while others rode. For larger parties this might work out but in our case it was just my DD and I so this would have been a challenge.

Sending the light saber to your resort or the front of the park when purchased is definitely a good option but not all kiddos understand that. We crammed our Porg box into the limousine with us and took him for a ride!! :D

Wanted to mention it here as this was new information to me.

There is a lot of gray area in "can't get anything I wanted in 3 parks." Are you saying FPs were completely sold out everywhere? If so, check again, I am thinking you maybe had a glitch. But if it's that you didn't get the headliner rides at the times you wanted, that's just the new normal and not an indication of extreme crowds. I shorter trips (3-5 days) and have never to this day gotten a FP for Slinky Dog or Flight of Passage, have only once gotten 7DMT, and usually get Frozen Ever After at a pretty undesirable time.

Quick comment re: Light Sabers. When we were at DHS in September I was surprised when they made an announcement in the Rock 'n Roller Coaster queue that guests with light sabers had to use the 'child swap' option so that someone could wait with the light saber while others rode. For larger parties this might work out but in our case it was just my DD and I so this would have been a challenge.

Sending the light saber to your resort or the front of the park when purchased is definitely a good option but not all kiddos understand that. We crammed our Porg box into the limousine with us and took him for a ride!! :D

Wanted to mention it here as this was new information to me.
I am typically solo so I’d have to send it to the front or to my resort as I can’t give it to anyone.

I am typically solo so I’d have to send it to the front or to my resort as I can’t give it to anyone.
Are they cracking down on people playing with their lightsabers in the park now? Heard that as a rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter