**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I bet the new planet is Batuu. Fan made droids is cool. Paris did fan made ships. I also like the poster aspect. Wish I could be there!

Is there any value to do the Star Wars Tour if you have done most of the rides and met the characters??
Back in 2016, My kids did Jedi Training, we met Kylo Ren twice (once was with Visa M&G), we rode the Star tour...
For this upcoming trip, we want to meet Chewbecca, BB-8 and maybe see the fireworks (my kids haven't seen Fantasmics before so I am still debating which one to go). Maybe my kids will do Jedi Training again if we can get a spot. My kids are 10 and 6.
So is it worthwhile to fork out $400 to Mr. Mickey Mouse for the tour, or should I just plan ahead and wait in line for the characters??

Is there any value to do the Star Wars Tour if you have done most of the rides and met the characters??
Back in 2016, My kids did Jedi Training, we met Kylo Ren twice (once was with Visa M&G), we rode the Star tour...
For this upcoming trip, we want to meet Chewbecca, BB-8 and maybe see the fireworks (my kids haven't seen Fantasmics before so I am still debating which one to go). Maybe my kids will do Jedi Training again if we can get a spot. My kids are 10 and 6.
So is it worthwhile to fork out $400 to Mr. Mickey Mouse for the tour, or should I just plan ahead and wait in line for the characters??
Kenny the Pirate has a touring plan on his Character Locator (there is a fee but I don't know how much it is now but I subscribe and it's very much worth it, IMO) for Star Wars that will show you how to do the tour they do and not pay the big money.

Kenny the Pirate has a touring plan on his Character Locator (there is a fee but I don't know how much it is now but I subscribe and it's very much worth it, IMO) for Star Wars that will show you how to do the tour they do and not pay the big money.

Thank you. I subscribed to Kenny the Pirate for my trip in 2016. But I don’t find it useful at all. It basically gave me location of the character and hours. I didn’t get much info on strategy. It would say go early or go later. But that’s basic Disney 101 information..... I wonder if the content has been improved since then.

Thank you. I subscribed to Kenny the Pirate for my trip in 2016. But I don’t find it useful at all. It basically gave me location of the character and hours. I didn’t get much info on strategy. It would say go early or go later. But that’s basic Disney 101 information..... I wonder if the content has been improved since then.
He has more touring plans than Touring Plans now and often more up to date information than Disney does on its website. It's quite extensive.

It also tracks wait times, has information like where all the magic shots are....it's my first go to and I was a Touring Plans or Die kind of girl for almost 2 decades. I use TP still, but Kenny's is where I go first.

I bet the new planet is Batuu. Fan made droids is cool. Paris did fan made ships. I also like the poster aspect. Wish I could be there!

I think Batuu was one of the projections during the last SWGN in December. I would like to think it would be Canto Bight or Crait.

I've made all our plans for our August 2018 trip, partly based around the park calendars showing no Star Wars fireworks at HS during our trip. NOW I learn that they won't post them until maybe 3 months out! What are the chances that there WILL be a fireworks show during our trip (8/22-28)? What time would you guess the show would start, and how long does it run?

It's getting harder and harder to plan park days and dinner ADRs with HS and AK both being open later in the evening. (I know.. Fantasmic!.. but we've seen it a dozen times and are willing to give it up for a nice table-service dinner!)

So even though we are going to Galactic Night on May 27th I went ahead and booked the dessert party for May 22nd. My son is just so in love with Star Wars I had to. Things we do for our kids huh?

Fastpasser- If you are working that night would love to say hi and thank you for keeping us all posted on this thread. My son will be dressed as a Jedi and my daughter and I will be rocking some handmade Star Wars mouse ears.

I've made all our plans for our August 2018 trip, partly based around the park calendars showing no Star Wars fireworks at HS during our trip. NOW I learn that they won't post them until maybe 3 months out! What are the chances that there WILL be a fireworks show during our trip (8/22-28)? What time would you guess the show would start, and how long does it run?

It's getting harder and harder to plan park days and dinner ADRs with HS and AK both being open later in the evening. (I know.. Fantasmic!.. but we've seen it a dozen times and are willing to give it up for a nice table-service dinner!)
Chances are at a 99% that there will be swags. I would check last year's times for an estimate on show time

I’m in the same boat. I am going a week before you and I wish they would release the dessert party dates if they are having them! I’ll have to change a few reservations around if they have it. Let’s cross our fingers they are released soon!

We're in the same boat, but for September. We're doing HS on 9/30. Because we're doing brunch at the California Grill that morning we decided to book an early ADR at the HBD (4:30), that way we'll be able to do the Star Wars fireworks, or Fantasmic! if there are no SW fireworks.

We really want to do the dessert party though, and I'm worried that with the Great Movie Ride turning into Mickey's Runaway Railway that the SW fireworks might be ending? Does anyone know?

We're in the same boat, but for September. We're doing HS on 9/30. Because we're doing brunch at the California Grill that morning we decided to book an early ADR at the HBD (4:30), that way we'll be able to do the Star Wars fireworks, or Fantasmic! if there are no SW fireworks.

We really want to do the dessert party though, and I'm worried that with the Great Movie Ride turning into Mickey's Runaway Railway that the SW fireworks might be ending? Does anyone know?
Mickey and Minnie runaway railway isn't slated to open until next year, probably in May so that would not be a factor at all

if there are no SW fireworks.
Do you know something I don't?
I'm worried that with the Great Movie Ride turning into Mickey's Runaway Railway that the SW fireworks might be ending?
Maybe it's just me, but even if MRR was open in Sept, I'm not getting why SWaGS would end because of it. SWaGS took place when the GMR was still there.

Do you know something I don't?
Maybe it's just me, but even if MRR was open in Sept, I'm not getting why SWaGS would end because of it. SWaGS took place when the GMR was still there.
They just don't have any fireworks scheduled past the end of July so I'm concerned they won't be? I know they often get added late so that might be all it is, but with the construction on great movie ride (which the projects are projected onto) I thought it might affect it.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter