**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Hmm, so if they run both - say on alternative nights - I'm thinking book SWaGs dessert party and just watch JBJB? Don't think I can face 2 dessert parties. Any thoughts from others on which would be best to book?
If they keep the JBJB dessert party in the same location (courtyard of GMR) I think the JBJB is better. The food and drink options were great (they have wine and beer in this one) there were tables and chairs plus Santa Goofy.
If they are not doing the SWaGS dessert party but still doing the show on select nights there will be more space since there will be no need for a reserved area.

hmm, what makes the dessert party better?
I preferred the food and drink options. The gingerbread martini was outstanding. As mentioned above, JBJB also had beer and wine, not just the specialty drinks. And the antipasto was particularly delicious as well. Both had the frozen Nutella and the dessert items were similar. We also liked being in the courtyard with chairs over the high top tables in Launch Bay.

I preferred the food and drink options. The gingerbread martini was outstanding. As mentioned above, JBJB also had beer and wine, not just the specialty drinks. And the antipasto was particularly delicious as well. Both had the frozen Nutella and the dessert items were similar. We also liked being in the courtyard with chairs over the high top tables in Launch Bay.

ohhh.....gingerbread martini ...I think I'm sold!

My 2 favorite things from the party

I tried to see if I could book the SWDP for October while I was on the line booking F&W events this morning. The CM told me no dates released for October yet but will be. So at least I have hope. She said it is up in the air whether Highway in the Sky Dine Around will be extended past September.

Hi, longtime lurker and first time I had a question I couldn't find by searching!

I was just wondering if everyone has to be present to check-in, or if I can just scan my band to check in for my kids, (all 9 and under)? Trying to surprise them :D

We did the party last year, but I got pulled aside by the storm troopers because of a shirt I was wearing, and I honestly can't remember how we checked in. :thanks:

I was just wondering if everyone has to be present to check-in, or if I can just scan my band to check in for my kids
One person can check in the entire party. MagicBands are not used to check in, just the last name is required. Inform them of what you're doing and that you want to pick up all the lanyards. However, you'll be responsible for the lanyards after that and should you loose one, you're out of luck.

One person can check in the entire party. MagicBands are not used to check in, just the last name is required. Inform them of what you're doing and that you want to pick up all the lanyards. However, you'll be responsible for the lanyards after that and should you loose one, you're out of luck.

Thank you! For some reason neither of us could remember how we got our lanyards last year :upsidedow

I know that every month, someone asks when the last set of dessert parties was released - as in how far in advance. So, I'll be that someone this time around....how long ago were the last dates released (September) and when do you think Oct and/or Nov will be released?

I know, repetitive question....but sheesh...this wait for the opening of reservations only a few months out is really frustrating...
:surfweb: :badpc:

I know that every month, someone asks when the last set of dessert parties was released - as in how far in advance. So, I'll be that someone this time around....how long ago were the last dates released (September) and when do you think Oct and/or Nov will be released?

I know, repetitive question....but sheesh...this wait for the opening of reservations only a few months out is really frustrating...
:surfweb: :badpc:
Page 1 post 11 has the released dates and when they came out
This is the first time that the show dates have been released but no dessert party dates

Page 1 post 11 has the released dates and when they came out
This is the first time that the show dates have been released but no dessert party dates
Yeah, that's par for the course for me....last year I was waiting for the SW dessert party for our late Nov trip, when they finally released the party dates....FOR JINGLE BAM!!! Needless to say, I was a bit, shall we say, miffed. :headache: Hope that's not the case this year!

Since we're going over the Halloween timeframe this year, I was feeling pretty good about getting to see the show this year..... now I'm not so sure!!:scared:

So, you know how I was annoyed about the tour group getting access to the dessert party first on the day we were going to be doing it (a Friday). Well, I screwed up our Universal date and had to move it to avoid Halloween Horror Nights. So now we will be going to the dessert party on a Sunday - no tour! :crazy:

Yeah, that's par for the course for me....last year I was waiting for the SW dessert party for our late Nov trip, when they finally released the party dates....FOR JINGLE BAM!!! Needless to say, I was a bit, shall we say, miffed. :headache: Hope that's not the case this year!

Since we're going over the Halloween timeframe this year, I was feeling pretty good about getting to see the show this year..... now I'm not so sure!!:scared:
October times for the show have been released since late June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter