**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Still Jakku with the hologram still being BB8...I also wish they would put them in the rotation

Man, I thought that was only supposed to be for a few months! Well, I'm not back to WDW till next February, so hopefully they'll be back to the rotation by then. Thanks!

Thought this visual would be helpful for those who are unfamiliar with the entire setup, as I was going into it. There are two lines of blue circles that the kids sit on, one near the wall and one nearer the rope. As of Wednesday this week, the line nearer the rope fought Darth Vader.

Thank you! This was perfect!

Ok, here's the last question of our week long 1 year celebration...remember to reply to this post to get your points

“Do or do not, there is no try” Master Yoda

7) During the D23 announcement, in August of 2015, Imagineers said that there will be how many new attractions in Star Wars Land? And what will they be about?

I wish the meet and greet was with Darth Vader instead, only because my kids like him better and I've heard meeting kylo ren can be intense!

Darth Vader was plenty intense, believe me ... I'm standing like a good foot away from him ... just because!
We wanted to get a pic of him using the choke hold on hubby or kiddo, but the PhotoPass person said we couldn't do that.
It was all serious business with Vader!! :darth:

Attachments

• 13151924_10205949041584884_4160750867968997331_n.jpg
    13151924_10205949041584884_4160750867968997331_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 39
7) During the D23 announcement, in August of 2015, Imagineers said that there will be how many new attractions in Star Wars Land? And what will they be about?

2 attractions, 1 will let you pilot the Millennium Falcon the other will be a dark ride putting the riders in the middle of a battle between the Resistance and the First Order.

2 attractions, 1 will let you pilot the Millennium Falcon the other will be a dark ride putting the riders in the middle of a battle between the Resistance and the First Order.
And we have a winner!!!
PM me you address and name so I can send you the Star Wars goodies this coming week. Thanks for playing

Here are some pics of the concept art and images for the 2 new attractions

star-wars-land-concept-art-1.jpg

Capture-drsquoeacutecran-2015-08-16-agrave-03.44.10.pngoriginal-700x476.png

star-wars-land-attraction-620x368.jpg

ZZ4E936B06.jpg

8_15_WDI_002.jpg

I have been reading reports about how crowded the dessert parties have been recently. Is this just because they added spots in August? Any idea what the capacity will be in September?

I still need to type up a more complete review, but our party on August 17th did feel very crowded. We didn't get in until about 8:15 and it felt packed, with no tables available. From the posts here, it sounded like capacity was raised briefly, then lowered again for dates after August, so hopefully that will help some.

DS11 and I attended the party on 8/12, and a party of 6 of us attended the one on 8/19. The main party area that's roped off was very congested -- I included this in my survey feedback to WDW.

However, thanks to @yulilin3 and others on this thread, we felt quite well prepared. We staked out tables right up the stairs where the Jawas hang out and trade. Then we went downstairs to refill on drinks and desserts -- all very close. Plus, trading with Jawas and watching them interact with everyone was like dinner entertainment!! :)

I do think there were too many people packed in there.

SOME CHANGES FROM 8/12 to 8/19:

--> FYI, on 8/19 they changed the time they brought partygoers out to the reserved fireworks section from 9:15 to 9:05. When I heard that, we headed out at 8:50 instead of 9:00. Payed off -- we got that prime spot.

--> If you faced the stage during the show, the far right portion of the reserved section had a walkway immediately to its right on 8/12. On 8/19, NOT THE CASE. Before the show they let people flood that whole area. Significantly worsened the view from especially the far right portion of the reserved section. We were pretty ok from our spot, but I'd say even more important to get out there EARLY if they keep that up. Bad change in our view.

Okay, here are my thoughts on the dessert party from 8/17. I attended with my husband, 9 yo son and 2.5 yo son.

This closed out our DHS day - we started with EMM (loved it), took an afternoon break, then came back for Jedi Training, meeting Kylo Ren and Chewie, and the party. I'd say the party worked out okay for us - not bad, but I think it could have been better. For one, we got there right at the scheduled check-in time of 8:15. I knew we could check in at 8:00, but we were delayed a few minutes from meeting Chewie and then a pit stop for the 2 yo.

The party area was already very crowded, with no tables available. Luckily, my husband snagged a bench off to the side, right next to the bar - convenient for my husband and me. Unfortunately, it just wasn't a great setup for smaller kids, with only the limited high tables and a couple benches around. The outdoor area with tables and seating did seem very pleasant when we walked through, with a cool AC breeze, but we didn't make it that far after getting food and drinks. It felt like I was attending a cocktail party with a toddler - which I guess I was. Holding a plate and drink can be tricky enough when it's just me, but with kids in tow, forget about it. I also felt like we were behind schedule here, as the CM at check-in said we'd all walk over around 8:55, which seemed so early. I was planning on heading out just before the crowd to grab the stroller and get a good spot. But then the party area cleared out, so I thought we'd missed it, and we rushed over. Turns out we were some of the first ones there, so apparently party-goers got their food and drink then dispersed through Launch Bay after ~20-30 minutes.

As for the food - my husband and I ended up eating more of the savory foods than desserts. The flatbread and dips were quite good. We all loved the nutella. 9 yo ate more of the desserts and seemed to like most of it - he gave the bread pudding a thumbs down, but not sure he's a bread pudding person. Husband enjoyed the cocktails and got his money's worth there. He especially loved when the awesome bartender made him a full-size to-go drink in one of the coffee cups. I felt like I barely had time to enjoy the drinks, but did try a couple. We both preferred the citrus drink to the one with rum.

Once we got to the viewing area, the first CM by the entry directed us to the front section with our stroller. There was one other stroller family there as well. Then a 2nd CM came up from the front and was suggesting we move the strollers as it was for wheelchairs. We let her know the other CM had just sent us here and she seemed mildly irritated, but let us stay. Wheelchairs and their companions (who stood) filled in the right end of the front section, while lots of kids and families filled in the left end, and everyone in this area stayed seated the whole time. I actually would have preferred to stand, but was kinda stuck by the time the show started, and was making sure my 2 yo was okay in his stroller anyway. I had a bunch of extra glow bracelets from an Amazon lightning deal where I got a lifetime supply, so passed them out to all the kids around us and those were fun. (Side note: the Jawas weren't interested in them.) I appreciated the waters outside, as others have also mentioned. And, of course, the show itself was amazing. :-)

My takeaway: the party was worth it for us and I don't regret it, but not sure I'd do something like this again with a 2 yo. I think it'd be great for two adults, or maybe with older kids. We were lucky cost-wise with one kid and one "infant," so that helped maximize the value for us. It was definitely great not to sit outside for an hour or more beforehand, and instead get some food, drinks and dessert. It just felt a little rushed and chaotic to me, but I think that was due more to the little kid than anything else. Happy to answer any questions if I can!

Okay, here are my thoughts on the dessert party from 8/17. I attended with my husband, 9 yo son and 2.5 yo son.

This closed out our DHS day - we started with EMM (loved it), took an afternoon break, then came back for Jedi Training, meeting Kylo Ren and Chewie, and the party. I'd say the party worked out okay for us - not bad, but I think it could have been better. For one, we got there right at the scheduled check-in time of 8:15. I knew we could check in at 8:00, but we were delayed a few minutes from meeting Chewie and then a pit stop for the 2 yo.

The party area was already very crowded, with no tables available. Luckily, my husband snagged a bench off to the side, right next to the bar - convenient for my husband and me. Unfortunately, it just wasn't a great setup for smaller kids, with only the limited high tables and a couple benches around. The outdoor area with tables and seating did seem very pleasant when we walked through, with a cool AC breeze, but we didn't make it that far after getting food and drinks. It felt like I was attending a cocktail party with a toddler - which I guess I was. Holding a plate and drink can be tricky enough when it's just me, but with kids in tow, forget about it. I also felt like we were behind schedule here, as the CM at check-in said we'd all walk over around 8:55, which seemed so early. I was planning on heading out just before the crowd to grab the stroller and get a good spot. But then the party area cleared out, so I thought we'd missed it, and we rushed over. Turns out we were some of the first ones there, so apparently party-goers got their food and drink then dispersed through Launch Bay after ~20-30 minutes.

As for the food - my husband and I ended up eating more of the savory foods than desserts. The flatbread and dips were quite good. We all loved the nutella. 9 yo ate more of the desserts and seemed to like most of it - he gave the bread pudding a thumbs down, but not sure he's a bread pudding person. Husband enjoyed the cocktails and got his money's worth there. He especially loved when the awesome bartender made him a full-size to-go drink in one of the coffee cups. I felt like I barely had time to enjoy the drinks, but did try a couple. We both preferred the citrus drink to the one with rum.

Once we got to the viewing area, the first CM by the entry directed us to the front section with our stroller. There was one other stroller family there as well. Then a 2nd CM came up from the front and was suggesting we move the strollers as it was for wheelchairs. We let her know the other CM had just sent us here and she seemed mildly irritated, but let us stay. Wheelchairs and their companions (who stood) filled in the right end of the front section, while lots of kids and families filled in the left end, and everyone in this area stayed seated the whole time. I actually would have preferred to stand, but was kinda stuck by the time the show started, and was making sure my 2 yo was okay in his stroller anyway. I had a bunch of extra glow bracelets from an Amazon lightning deal where I got a lifetime supply, so passed them out to all the kids around us and those were fun. (Side note: the Jawas weren't interested in them.) I appreciated the waters outside, as others have also mentioned. And, of course, the show itself was amazing. :-)

My takeaway: the party was worth it for us and I don't regret it, but not sure I'd do something like this again with a 2 yo. I think it'd be great for two adults, or maybe with older kids. We were lucky cost-wise with one kid and one "infant," so that helped maximize the value for us. It was definitely great not to sit outside for an hour or more beforehand, and instead get some food, drinks and dessert. It just felt a little rushed and chaotic to me, but I think that was due more to the little kid than anything else. Happy to answer any questions if I can!

Thanks for posting your review! I was on the fence about it, but it looks like something DH and I would enjoy since it's just the two of us.

I have been reading reports about how crowded the dessert parties have been recently. Is this just because they added spots in August? Any idea what the capacity will be in September?
They are still trying to figure out the magic number. It fluctuates between 150 to 175. Remember that you don't have to stay in the roped off area at Launch Bay, they have tables in the cantina and also outside. Also there are benches in the game room

DS11 and I attended the party on 8/12, and a party of 6 of us attended the one on 8/19. The main party area that's roped off was very congested -- I included this in my survey feedback to WDW.

However, thanks to @yulilin3 and others on this thread, we felt quite well prepared. We staked out tables right up the stairs where the Jawas hang out and trade. Then we went downstairs to refill on drinks and desserts -- all very close. Plus, trading with Jawas and watching them interact with everyone was like dinner entertainment!! :)

I do think there were too many people packed in there.

SOME CHANGES FROM 8/12 to 8/19:

--> FYI, on 8/19 they changed the time they brought partygoers out to the reserved fireworks section from 9:15 to 9:05. When I heard that, we headed out at 8:50 instead of 9:00. Payed off -- we got that prime spot.

--> If you faced the stage during the show, the far right portion of the reserved section had a walkway immediately to its right on 8/12. On 8/19, NOT THE CASE. Before the show they let people flood that whole area. Significantly worsened the view from especially the far right portion of the reserved section. We were pretty ok from our spot, but I'd say even more important to get out there EARLY if they keep that up. Bad change in our view.
They are playing the walkway on the right by ear, day to day. Some days it stays a walkway, some days they open it up last minute. Is it ok if I link your review to the first post

Thanks for the review, can I link it to the first post? I think that it would be great for them to use the game room as party of the dessert party set up. It's usually empty at night...maybe they will figure something out

They are playing the walkway on the right by ear, day to day. Some days it stays a walkway, some days they open it up last minute. Is it ok if I link your review to the first post

Absolutely! :)

I was guessing that... was telling DH that they were likely experimenting to see what worked best. I MUCH PREFERRED the walkway being there from the perspective of the reserved viewing area!! I hope I get another survey to fill out... ;)

Well completely unrelated and I feel terrible that I don't remember the name of the poster that wanted to know but, my son is doing Frog Choir tomorrow at Islands is adventure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter