***Official September 2020 Thread***

We booked our airfare today!! So, it feels even more official. I saw a great round trip flight non stop from Los Angeles and have been watching it over the past week. It dropped $70 today, so I swooped in and bought it. It’ll be about a 3.5 hour drive to the airport, but totally worth it! Flying out of Fresno was going to cost us double!

Here's a question for everybody: do you fly or drive? I've always flown. Last time we drove. It was a long drive (19 hours) but I discovered being able to drive myself around WDW instead of relying on their transportation was awesome! Also, last time was the first time I've had park hoppers, which we really liked. I think having a car might have made that easier, too. For this trip, my son said the only way he was going was if we flew. Ugh. It's not that I don't like flying, it's all the garbage that goes along with it. Anyway, I still think I'm going to rent a car once we get there because I found it so nice to not have to depend on their transportation.

Now, flying: what airline does anybody use? Allegiant is easily the cheapest for me, but their flight schedule is so screwy. Southwest is next, but I don't like not having assigned seats. I can pay a little bit more for Delta and American Airlines, and their seats are nicer. I think that's probably what I'm going to wind up doing. Who does anybody else use?

We always fly, we are coming from California. The past two trips we have rented a car while there.

Wooohoooo! That is SUPER EARLY!

What can I say? I'm an early planner. LOL

We booked our airfare today!! So, it feels even more official. I saw a great round trip flight non stop from Los Angeles and have been watching it over the past week. It dropped $70 today, so I swooped in and bought it. It’ll be about a 3.5 hour drive to the airport, but totally worth it! Flying out of Fresno was going to cost us double!

To go along with the "early planner" theme, I bought our tickets this week, also! You mentioned driving 3.5 hours to the airport is saving you money. We're flying into Daytona Beach airport on Saturday, the day before we actually check in to Disney. For one, we were able to get flight times much more suited to our desired schedule. Flying into DBA was actually cheaper than flying into Orlando (MCO) and it's only an hour away. It's a much smaller airport, meaning less hassle hopefully. Plus, flying out on Saturday was waaaaaay cheaper than flying in on Sunday. I've already got my hotel reserved in Daytona Beach. So we'll rent a car like we had planned and drive over Sunday morning all rested and ready for some fun!

We're flying out on American Airlines (out of Oklahoma City). I was able to get round trip tickets for $244 a piece. I thought that was pretty good so I snagged them. I got the last two seats at that price for the flight home! I could have done it for less. I paid extra for reserved seats and earlier boarding. It was worth the extra money to me. Like you said, between getting my MagicBands this week and purchasing airline tickets this week, it makes it very, very real.

318 days until check in at Disney! party:

Hi everyone!! My family and I are planning our next visit for September 10th-18th. Really hoping FD will be released early again next year, but not holding my breath, lol! Super excited to see this thread and learn of the FB page!! 😊
:welcome: Where are you planning on staying? I'm hoping for FD or a nice room discount as well. Crossed fingers!

I finally requested to join the FB group :) but I don't have FB, so it's under my DF's account

Welcome to the Facebook group both of you! Happy to see that you joined!

Carriage ride at French quarter?
I think it would be adorable to get his and hers silhouettes at MK and frame them together with your wedding date and “Mr & Mrs” underneath.
Share a big ice cream when you’re walking to jellyrolls?
Ooooo, I like those ideas :) While we're at French Quarter we can get beignets :dogdance: i want to try ample hills also, so that would be a nice night out...ice cream, walking on the boardwalk and then end at
Jellyrolls.

This is what I have so far:
Restaurants: Garden Grill/breakfast, Ohana/dinner, Via Napoli/lunch or dinner, Biergarten/lunch or dinner, Mama Melrose/lunch or dinner for Fantasmic package, The Plaza/lunch or dinner?
MNSSHP
Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Date night at the Boardwalk...can you have a date night on a honeymoon? :scratchin lol
I think we want to hit Disney Springs
Enjoying F&W
Carriage ride
Relaxing by the pool
Trader Sam's

Is this too much? How should we plan out our week? We have 7 day park hoppers, arriving around dinner time on Sunday, and leaving late on our last day. I know our first day, we're going to be tired so our plan is to hang out at the pool, get QS, adult beverages, and chill. Our last day, i'm going to try and get a flight home around 8/9pm so we'll have almost the whole day.

Has anyone else eaten at Mama Melrose? Ours was just meh. Wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Another question: did anyone other than me like Downtown Disney better than Disney Springs? The parking at DS is worlds better. But there are so many stores at DD that I can't even afford to walk into, let alone shop. I was really upset when I found out Team Mickey was gone! That was one of my favorite stores! I dunno. When DD became DS, to me it lost its charm.

Has anyone else eaten at Mama Melrose? Ours was just meh. Wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Another question: did anyone other than me like Downtown Disney better than Disney Springs? The parking at DS is worlds better. But there are so many stores at DD that I can't even afford to walk into, let alone shop. I was really upset when I found out Team Mickey was gone! That was one of my favorite stores! I dunno. When DD became DS, to me it lost its charm.

I've eaten at Mama Melrose once and loved it. It was back in 2015, and the food and service was great and they even had actors in there to add to it.

We were only in DS a half day in 2018 and most of the time was spent at lunch (Wine Bar George) and World of Disney. We walked through that big area that looks like it's inside but you're still outside, on the way to the Coca Cola store and didn't feel the need to go into any of them. I do feel like a lot of the stores aren't anything special and are places we can go to in a high end mall.

So exited to be joining in with all of you! We will be celebrating my daughter's high school graduation with our first Disney cruise 9/4-9/7 followed by a resort stay at either AKL or Pop 9/7-9/14. We will definitely be flying as we are on the West Coast but will probably arrive 9/2 for a pre-cruise stay...not sure where yet but thinking maybe a visit to the Kennedy space center?

I am looking forward to your suggestions and reading more of your plans :wave2:

OK...just read through the all the pages and signed up on FB.

Amy and the Momster- September 17-26th. Boardwalk Villas (rented points)

Sailored: We rented point and got "cancel for any reason" insurance through TripInsurnceStore.

McMealue18: We visited DL for the first time in 12 years last year. What changes! I am a west coaster and visit WDW more. Do I like it more...well... nope. I just tend to go for vacations that are a week long. And WD offers much more to do. Never felt that DL could give me a weeks worth of entertainment. Well it proved me wrong this last visit! Anyway, we only visit WDW every four years. Vote in the Presidential election via mail and run away to the Food and Wine for a bit.

Rusty2rules: Drive? From Washington state?!!?!??! 45 hours and over 3,000 miles? nope...haha

Is anybody considering doing any dessert parties for your trip? We did the Castle Fireworks and Star Wars last time. I think we might do the Castle one again. I enjoyed that one and, even though I thought it was over priced, I thought it was as close to being "worth it" as you're going to get for one of those parties.

I also have a couple questions about the MNSSHP. How "scary" is it? Does anything jump out at you or anything? I hate - HATE - haunted houses. Also, is there any value in it for a couple of adults with no children?

Is anybody considering doing any dessert parties for your trip? We did the Castle Fireworks and Star Wars last time. I think we might do the Castle one again. I enjoyed that one and, even though I thought it was over priced, I thought it was as close to being "worth it" as you're going to get for one of those parties.

I also have a couple questions about the MNSSHP. How "scary" is it? Does anything jump out at you or anything? I hate - HATE - haunted houses. Also, is there any value in it for a couple of adults with no children?

LOVE the dessert parties (the ones that you get to sit at anyway). We will never watch the fireworks in MK without doing one again. Just a way to sit and relax without fighting the mob of people. It isn't a straight on view but we are OK with that. We also have done the Frozen one in Epcot twice and loved it.

No, MNSSHP is not scary at all. Another one of our favorites and usually do two parties each trip and it is just DH and I.

Nothing jumps out. The only thing that could be considered remotely “scary” is the gravediggers in the parade or the haunted mansion cast members whose faces are made up with gray face paint so they look a little ghostly. We enjoyed the Halloween party in WDW for the lower crowds, candy, some of the overlays and the extra characters. You didn’t ask but if I had to chooses, I prefer Disneyland’s MNSSHP for the overlays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!