• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~* Official POFQ September 2012 Roll Call - List in Post 1 - Join Us! *~*

So glad I saw this! I would have hated to have missed the roll call :scared1:

We are going back to our beloved POFQ from September 6th to 24th

It's me and my DD (10)

:welcome: Glad you saw it - would hate to have you miss out on all the fun we're having getting to know one another ;)

The photos in your siggy line are beautiful! Do you have your ADRs set/done yet? Planning to do MNSSHP? Do tell - inquiring minds want to know! :)

So who has their transportation set? Are you driving or flying?

We are flying. After watching the tickets go up, up, up, I finally broke down and bought them on Thursday.

How about you? :yay:

5 of us are driving and 2 flying.. I broke down the other day and bought airfare also.. the prices scare me!

5 of us are driving and 2 flying.. I broke down the other day and bought airfare also.. the prices scare me!

You can say that again. :scared1: We ended up paying $313/each for Delta out of Cincinnati. Usually we can fly out of Dayton cheaper, but not this time ... not without multi-hour layovers or just crappy times in general. The best fare I found outbound back to Cincy was $270, but it was at 8:10 a.m. - which would have meant leaving the resort at 5 a.m. :eek: No thanks!

Did you get some good deals at least?

You can say that again. :scared1: We ended up paying $313/each for Delta out of Cincinnati. Usually we can fly out of Dayton cheaper, but not this time ... not without multi-hour layovers or just crappy times in general. The best fare I found outbound back to Cincy was $270, but it was at 8:10 a.m. - which would have meant leaving the resort at 5 a.m. :eek: No thanks!

Did you get some good deals at least?

with fees we paid 315 per person round trip..sigh.. last year it was 220.. BUT in 1999 we paid 320 and in 2000 we paid 225 so to me airfare isn't any more expensive than it was 13 years ago...lol.. it's just not plausible for 7 of us to fly. Plus we stop at my friends in GA so we wound't all fly anyway..lol. I could have used a different airline and saved about $100 but instead of an under 3 hour non stop flight it would have been an 11 hour multi plane experience.. no thanks!

with fees we paid 315 per person round trip..sigh.. last year it was 220.. BUT in 1999 we paid 320 and in 2000 we paid 225 so to me airfare isn't any more expensive than it was 13 years ago...lol.. it's just not plausible for 7 of us to fly. Plus we stop at my friends in GA so we wound't all fly anyway..lol. I could have used a different airline and saved about $100 but instead of an under 3 hour non stop flight it would have been an 11 hour multi plane experience.. no thanks!

My DH simply refuses to drive. He drives around all day for work, so he says he's not going to do it for vacation! :sad2:

So are you definitely planning a trip to visit the GA friend again this time? Seems like you guys really have fun with them from the pics I saw in your "ponchos" TR.

ITA with you about the multi-plane experience. I'm a good flyer, but the take-off and landing always get me, so no way can I do two (or more) of each in one day. :scared: I'd rather pay a little more and get there straightaway.

What I really wanna know is ... is happy girl going on this trip? Are she and DS still together? DANG - I need to visit your new TR, I guess LOL :laughing:

My DH simply refuses to drive. He drives around all day for work, so he says he's not going to do it for vacation! :sad2:

So are you definitely planning a trip to visit the GA friend again this time? Seems like you guys really have fun with them from the pics I saw in your "ponchos" TR.

ITA with you about the multi-plane experience. I'm a good flyer, but the take-off and landing always get me, so no way can I do two (or more) of each in one day. :scared: I'd rather pay a little more and get there straightaway.

What I really wanna know is ... is happy girl going on this trip? Are she and DS still together? DANG - I need to visit your new TR, I guess LOL :laughing:

if we flew we would not be able to go.. plus we've been doign the drive to Georgia for 4 years.. kids are so used to it..lol

When I went to basic training 100 years ago it was via 3 planes with long lay-overs..2 missed connections and it was a nightmare.. no way.. it's direct or not at all...lol

They are still together but Happy Girl is off to college in the fall so she wont be joining us.. she has a full ride scholarship to a great 4 year. Noah is not there yet in his life, but it's either Atlanta or Michigan for him by spring next year..

So who has their transportation set? Are you driving or flying?

We are flying. After watching the tickets go up, up, up, I finally broke down and bought them on Thursday.

How about you? :yay:

We are driving! It's about 10 hours if you don't stop much, but I like to make frequent stops, especially with 3 little ones! We have a brand new minivan so no maintenance required before we go. We will prob leave around 3am Central, and arrive 3 or 4pm Eastern.

It is cheaper for us to drive, plus I don't know how well my DS6 would fly.

if we flew we would not be able to go.. plus we've been doign the drive to Georgia for 4 years.. kids are so used to it..lol

When I went to basic training 100 years ago it was via 3 planes with long lay-overs..2 missed connections and it was a nightmare.. no way.. it's direct or not at all...lol

They are still together but Happy Girl is off to college in the fall so she wont be joining us.. she has a full ride scholarship to a great 4 year. Noah is not there yet in his life, but it's either Atlanta or Michigan for him by spring next year..

So glad to hear things are going well with your DS and Happy Girl. I know you are happy as well compared to "the other one." :eek:

What have you been doing to get prepared for this trip (besides stuffing away cash like us LOL)?

We are driving! It's about 10 hours if you don't stop much, but I like to make frequent stops, especially with 3 little ones! We have a brand new minivan so no maintenance required before we go. We will prob leave around 3am Central, and arrive 3 or 4pm Eastern.

It is cheaper for us to drive, plus I don't know how well my DS6 would fly.

Yes, it would be cheaper for us to drive as well, but that's a no-go with DH :headache:

Do you pack lunch and such?

So glad to hear things are going well with your DS and Happy Girl. I know you are happy as well compared to "the other one." :eek:

What have you been doing to get prepared for this trip (besides stuffing away cash like us LOL)?

Just working and stuffing away the money..lol. Now that ADR's are set i feell like there is nothing left to do. I did make a great countdown calendar ( pictures in my pre-trip report)..

Yes, it would be cheaper for us to drive as well, but that's a no-go with DH :headache:

I pack a cooler with drinks and fruit, and then a whole duffle bag of snacks.

We will stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel in the FL panhandle. CB is one of the few restaurants my DS6 likes. They are all over, they all look the same, and have the same menu(including pancakes and grilled cheese, 2 things on the short list of things he will actually eat!).

Then stop for an early lunch, usually fast food, about 3 hours outside of WDW.

I like to stop at the state border rest areas to take pictures, stretch legs, etc. DH makes fun of me because one year I stopped at the LA/MS border, which is about an hour into our driving...:rotfl2:

We got our Disney Vacation Planning Video this weekend! DH and I watched the MK, Epcot, and HS sections.

I do agree that once the ADRs are made, except for paying off the trip, I feel a lull in my planning!

Our drive is about 21 hours.. I pack waters and some cereal in baggies. I have one kiddo who is prone to carsickness so we outlaw food for the most part. We leave around 1:30am when I get out of work and usually drive straight thru to my friends in GA ( 16hours) and stay there a few days. This year though we are staying with with after Disney. So the current plan is to stay on the GA/FL border overnight then head to All Star Movies for a one night stay before my mom and Noah arrive at POFQ.

We only stop for bathroom and gas breaks.. ONE stop about 11am is for food but not a sit down meal.we just prefer to drive drive drive!

Just working and stuffing away the money..lol. Now that ADR's are set i feell like there is nothing left to do. I did make a great countdown calendar ( pictures in my pre-trip report)..

I feel the same way. I'm sitting here every day, trying to figure out stuff to do! I did get our mousekeeping tip envelopes made, along with our preliminary packing lists, so I guess that's something, right? :rolleyes1

Our drive is about 21 hours.. I pack waters and some cereal in baggies. I have one kiddo who is prone to carsickness so we outlaw food for the most part. We leave around 1:30am when I get out of work and usually drive straight thru to my friends in GA ( 16hours) and stay there a few days. This year though we are staying with with after Disney. So the current plan is to stay on the GA/FL border overnight then head to All Star Movies for a one night stay before my mom and Noah arrive at POFQ.

We only stop for bathroom and gas breaks.. ONE stop about 11am is for food but not a sit down meal.we just prefer to drive drive drive!

I hear you on the drive, drive, drive ... when we were kids, that's how my parents preferred to do our trips to Florida as well. Get as far as we could before we absolutely had to stop. The farthest I've gotten DH to commit to driving thus far is a future planned trip to St. Louis, which will be about 7 hours for us.

I'll have to remember to ask you about ASMo - we're looking at staying at one of the AS resorts next year and I can't decide which one. Have you stayed at any of the other AS resorts?

I pack a cooler with drinks and fruit, and then a whole duffle bag of snacks.

We will stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel in the FL panhandle. CB is one of the few restaurants my DS6 likes. They are all over, they all look the same, and have the same menu(including pancakes and grilled cheese, 2 things on the short list of things he will actually eat!).

Then stop for an early lunch, usually fast food, about 3 hours outside of WDW.

I like to stop at the state border rest areas to take pictures, stretch legs, etc. DH makes fun of me because one year I stopped at the LA/MS border, which is about an hour into our driving...:rotfl2:

We got our Disney Vacation Planning Video this weekend! DH and I watched the MK, Epcot, and HS sections.

I do agree that once the ADRs are made, except for paying off the trip, I feel a lull in my planning!

It seems like I've been inventing things to keep myself busy ... as I mentioned in previous post, I'm already making up my packing lists :rolleyes1 The mousekeeping envelopes were easy and only took a couple of hours - afterwards, I was like "Now what?" :confused3 I have to come to the DIS a couple times a day to get my fix LOL

What did you think of the Disney planning video? We didn't think it was as detailed as the one in previous years.

Also, I hear ya on the Cracker Barrel - that's where my family always stopped when I was a kid. ;) It was something I could plan on and look forward to - when we got there, we were almost THERE!

It seems like I've been inventing things to keep myself busy ... as I mentioned in previous post, I'm already making up my packing lists :rolleyes1 The mousekeeping envelopes were easy and only took a couple of hours - afterwards, I was like "Now what?" :confused3 I have to come to the DIS a couple times a day to get my fix LOL

What did you think of the Disney planning video? We didn't think it was as detailed as the one in previous years.

Also, I hear ya on the Cracker Barrel - that's where my family always stopped when I was a kid. ;) It was something I could plan on and look forward to - when we got there, we were almost THERE!

I don't make packing lists. But what i have a rubbermaid tote that i am tossing random things in I know we will need then but don't need now..LOL

We will be there! We're staying at POFQ from Sept 16-28. We're driving down from Long Island. It's a long haul, but we drove last year without any problems. It's just too pricy to fly down now that we need so many seats and the airfare is over $100 each way.

We are looking forward to free dining and using the dining plan!

We will be there! We're staying at POFQ from Sept 16-28. We're driving down from Long Island. It's a long haul, but we drove last year without any problems. It's just too pricy to fly down now that we need so many seats and the airfare is over $100 each way.

Welcome..your drive will be just a touch shorter than ours and we wil be on the road about the same time!

:welcome: Glad you decided to join us! Have you decided on ADRs or MNSSHP yet?

Is anyone else feeling like they've done everything and now they're just sitting on their thumb waiting for September? :rolleyes1

Is anyone else feeling like they've done everything and now they're just sitting on their thumb waiting for September? :rolleyes1

YES!! if the weather would go back to warm and nice I'd be fine..but cold,windy and damp and i feel all stir crazy and time is going slooowwww

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter