*~* Official POFQ September 2012 Roll Call - List in Post 1 - Join Us! *~*

We are going for September 18 to 24th. Its our second time and we are coming back to the POFQ, I loved how small and quiet this resort was. We are trying to think of a way to surprise DD (5). Last time we told her we were going to San Andres and when we got to the ME line we surprised her. Poor thing thought we were leaving her there and almost started crying. It was so hard to keep it a secret and then to see her heartbroken expression nearly broke my heart. When we told her we kept saying "your going to Disney, you're going to have dinner with ..., you're going to ..." This time I want to do something different and have an excited reaction. ADR's are all done just have to book airline tickets.

Okay, I took your post in chunks ... the bold is my responses LOL :)

The little we did see of MNSSHP was a lot of fun, the problem was we left by 830p!

We LOVE Biergarten! It is a must do every visit. Dh is of German descent and he actually lived there as a young boy(Army brat). He loves German food, and besides me cooking, we don't have too many opportunities to eat it. It is a VERY heavy meal, and it is all German food...lol nothing American on the buffet!

I am still trying to finish our autograph books from last time. I printed out 3"x5" cards with the characters name and a cartoon picture of that character and plenty of room for them to sign. Now I just have to take the cards that are already signed, scrapbook them into albums, and figure out who we didn't see. I also need to make cards for the new characters like Rapunzel, etc.

I am also finally getting some of my Disney stuff framed and hung on the wall. I have 7 or so collectable posters that I got from my time in the CP and later my Disneymoon, plus my pins and lanyard from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Play It!, and this really cool poster from our local museum of Art from a Disney collection they had a few years ago, "Dreams Come True: Art of the Classic Fairy Tales from the Walt Disney Studio.

I get a little :hyper: thinking about our upcoming trip!

They are so adorable - I love the outfits, too. We don't have kids and have never been to Chef M's, but I've heard the waits can be outrageously long. Was the food/interaction worth it?

You did get lucky getting online ADRs. So many people have been having problems (myself included). I'm diabetic, though, so I knew I would have to call in at some point anyhow to get that added on.

Seems like T-Rex is the one people are having the most difficulty getting, but I've read everywhere on here that you should just call them directly for your ADR as opposed to trying the online system or Disney dining.

We have always had fun at Chef Mickey's. The food may not quite as good as it once was but I still enjoy it. I am in love with the parmesan mashed potatoes!! LOL Our girls love and it's tradition so we'll keep going back. Even if I am just there with adults, I still go!

Seems like the online troubles started right after I made ours. The only issue I had was that the Luau would only come up for the 5:15 show so we had to call to book the 8 pm show. Once we were booked though, if I tried to log in to check other times/meals, the system wouldn't recognize our confirmation number anymore. It still doesn't. our resort info shows up but the dining ressies don't always show.

Yes, definitely call Trex direct!! We learned that lesson a few trips ago. I did find some not so bad times online for a change but needed to switch it to an hour later than we had and did have to call to get that time. Whenever we call they are always wide open as far as openings.

I would say the atmosphere is very relaxed. I think it's great for adults,couples and families. We went last march during spring break and it was a really busy and high crowd week at Disney but you would never know it coming back to the resort. It's great because it's not as large and spread out as the other moderate resorts so I think it would be impossible to have a room in a bad location. The boat ride to downtown Disney was really nice and it's just a beautiful resort. I've stayed at pop as well and it is very different. I thought pop was fun and my daughter liked it but in comparison pop is really loud and busy and it's great in a different way. But I LOVE the French quarter. It's a great place to relax after a busy day at the parks..I hope you have a great trip!

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, exactly what I thought when I looked at the pictures ... I hope we love it as much as you do!

Yep, we are totally free dining freaks. We did QSDP last year and DH said that we needed to go back to regular DDP for this year, so I convinced him it was time to move up to a moderate.

We did a surprise trip with the kids 2 years ago. Here's our youtube link-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AjaYfZ0cLs
It was fun, but we won't wait near that long this time. I'm slightly holding out hope for free dining between Thanksgiving and Christmas because I'd love to see the Christmas decorations just once. So, we've held off on coming right out and telling the kids. They don't think anything of seeing me on the DIS. I do that all the time-doesn't matter if there is a trip planned or not :)

The video is fantastic! Your kids are adorable - so sleepy, and your DS seemed like he didn't really believe it, all the way up to the very end LOL :laughing: Great job w/the Mickey pancakes, by the way - great idea :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing. How do you plan to tell them this time?

The little we did see of MNSSHP was a lot of fun, the problem was we left by 830p!

We LOVE Biergarten! It is a must do every visit. Dh is of German descent and he actually lived there as a young boy(Army brat). He loves German food, and besides me cooking, we don't have too many opportunities to eat it. It is a VERY heavy meal, and it is all German food...lol nothing American on the buffet!

I am still trying to finish our autograph books from last time. I printed out 3"x5" cards with the characters name and a cartoon picture of that character and plenty of room for them to sign. Now I just have to take the cards that are already signed, scrapbook them into albums, and figure out who we didn't see. I also need to make cards for the new characters like Rapunzel, etc.

I am also finally getting some of my Disney stuff framed and hung on the wall. I have 7 or so collectable posters that I got from my time in the CP and later my Disneymoon, plus my pins and lanyard from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Play It!, and this really cool poster from our local museum of Art from a Disney collection they had a few years ago, "Dreams Come True: Art of the Classic Fairy Tales from the Walt Disney Studio.

I get a little :hyper: thinking about our upcoming trip!

You sound very organized. Love that you made your own autograph books. I've seen so many crafty things on here - the most I've done is made our envelopes for mousekeeping (and they're not that creative - just the three black circles and "Thank You" in English and Spanish - just in case).

So glad to hear good things about Biergarten. DH has been wanting to try it for the atmosphere, but with me being diabetic I wasn't so sure. After talking to the great CMs on the ADR line, though, I'm not worried anymore.

We have always had fun at Chef Mickey's. The food may not quite as good as it once was but I still enjoy it. I am in love with the parmesan mashed potatoes!! LOL Our girls love and it's tradition so we'll keep going back. Even if I am just there with adults, I still go!

Seems like the online troubles started right after I made ours. The only issue I had was that the Luau would only come up for the 5:15 show so we had to call to book the 8 pm show. Once we were booked though, if I tried to log in to check other times/meals, the system wouldn't recognize our confirmation number anymore. It still doesn't. our resort info shows up but the dining ressies don't always show.

Yes, definitely call Trex direct!! We learned that lesson a few trips ago. I did find some not so bad times online for a change but needed to switch it to an hour later than we had and did have to call to get that time. Whenever we call they are always wide open as far as openings.

I ended up calling in our ADRs also. DH (who had the day off, poor thing) got up with me at 6 a.m. so he could help with making other reservations (for the KTTK tour). We both sat here and laughed and talked excitedly about Disney for the hour we had to wait. At 7 a.m., I got right through to the nicest CM who took care of everything in less than 10 minutes.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - when I log into the WDW website, it pulls up my reservations and all my dining - go figure.

Question: Is T-Rex really something to see? Is that why so many people go for it? We've been to Rainforest Cafe, I've heard T-Rex is similar ... but is the food really that good/different?

We are going for September 18 to 24th. Its our second time and we are coming back to the POFQ, I loved how small and quiet this resort was. We are trying to think of a way to surprise DD (5). Last time we told her we were going to San Andres and when we got to the ME line we surprised her. Poor thing thought we were leaving her there and almost started crying. It was so hard to keep it a secret and then to see her heartbroken expression nearly broke my heart. When we told her we kept saying "your going to Disney, you're going to have dinner with ..., you're going to ..." This time I want to do something different and have an excited reaction. ADR's are all done just have to book airline tickets.

:welcome: to our ever-growing group! Happy to hear more good feedback on POFQ.

Awww I can imagine you would want to try to get a better reaction this time LOL Have you thought of any ideas yet? What ADRs have you booked?

We are going to be there 9/28-10/11 (I think maybe, 12th). I can't wait.

:welcome: Glad to have you on board! Have you made ADRs yet?

I'll add you both to the list on the front page. Jump on in and join the conversation - look forward to sharing in the excitement as we all wait out our time till we can be at FQ! ;)

:welcome: WTG with the bounceback! :banana: We're hoping to get the same when we go this year. ;)

How about you ... done your ADRs yet?

I'll add you both to the list![/QUOTE]

Thanks! We have made our ADRs.

Rose and Crown
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Tony's
Raglan Road
Rainforest Cafe-DTD
Tokyo Dining
Portobello

We can't wait to return to POFQ. We've stayed at Pop the last couple of years, and really liked it, but it was time for a little more room and a little more laid back feel.
POFQ was the first resort we stayed at onsite as a family, so it will always be a special place to us.

Thanks! We have made our ADRs.

Rose and Crown
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Tony's
Raglan Road
Rainforest Cafe-DTD
Tokyo Dining
Portobello

We can't wait to return to POFQ. We've stayed at Pop the last couple of years, and really liked it, but it was time for a little more room and a little more laid back feel.
POFQ was the first resort we stayed at onsite as a family, so it will always be a special place to us.

Your ADRs sound great! Have you tried any of those before or are they all new for you?

We feel the same way about POP as you do about POFQ. Since it was our first on-site stay, it will always be special to us. Hoping to make as many special memories at POFQ this time ... then maybe it will be our go-to mod LOL

Have you booked travel yet or are you driving?

Hello people!

Let me explain better about my trip!!!

How I said, we are from Brazil. We are going, just me and my wife, to our second Disney Resort experience. Last year, also in september, we stayed at All Star Sports, buying a trip package with air tranport + hotel + tickets.

For brazilians, the air tickets is veeeeery expensive, about $ 2500 per passenger. And the dollar is going get high value because the american economic growth. Last year we pay R$1,60 (brazilian money) per dollar, and just to compare, we are paying R$1,90, or a plus of 15%.

This way, we have to take more days in trip to be worth. This year we could issue our air tickets with milles, and we used our total money amount to have an upgrade from value to moderate resort. Also, we considered the moderate dining plan included, because if you are taking a valeu resort and making the upgrade to dining plan, instead of quick service, it had a little $$$ difference, and we thought better take the moderate.

So, it's our first time into a moderate. We searched for information of all moderate resorts and prefer POFQ because its smaller, quieter and closer to most parks and downtown.

We can't wait time for our trip !!!

Let me know if someone needs more curious information from Brazil!!! :rotfl2:

Hello people!

Let me explain better about my trip!!!

How I said, we are from Brazil. We are going, just me and my wife, to our second Disney Resort experience. Last year, also in september, we stayed at All Star Sports, buying a trip package with air tranport + hotel + tickets.

For brazilians, the air tickets is veeeeery expensive, about $ 2500 per passenger. And the dollar is going get high value because the american economic growth. Last year we pay R$1,60 (brazilian money) per dollar, and just to compare, we are paying R$1,90, or a plus of 15%.

This way, we have to take more days in trip to be worth. This year we could issue our air tickets with milles, and we used our total money amount to have an upgrade from value to moderate resort. Also, we considered the moderate dining plan included, because if you are taking a valeu resort and making the upgrade to dining plan, instead of quick service, it had a little $$$ difference, and we thought better take the moderate.

So, it's our first time into a moderate. We searched for information of all moderate resorts and prefer POFQ because its smaller, quieter and closer to most parks and downtown.

We can't wait time for our trip !!!

Let me know if someone needs more curious information from Brazil!!! :rotfl2:

Looks like you're joining the growing list of us who are staying at POFQ for the first time. Hope you and your wife enjoy it!

Have you decided on your dining reservations yet?

Yes, we already made ADRs, but not all reservations.

For now, we have the follow:

08/31 - Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic! Dining Package)
09/01 - Dinner - Les Chefs de France
09/02 - Dinner - The Wave
09/03 - Lunch - Rainforest AK
09/04 - Lunch - Tutto Italia (last year we couldn't w/o reservation)
09/05 - Dinner - Planet Hollywood
09/06 - Dinner - T-Rex
09/07 - Dinner - Coral Reef
09/08 - Dinner - Fulton's Crab (Thinking and change to Citricos)
09/09 - Dinner - Tony's Town
09/12 - Dinner - Via Napoli

With this programation, we still have 2 table services remaining. Do you have any sugestions?

For reservations already did, do anyone has any suggestions to change?

Thanks a lot !!!

Yes, we already made ADRs, but not all reservations.

For now, we have the follow:

08/31 - Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic! Dining Package)
09/01 - Dinner - Les Chefs de France
09/02 - Dinner - The Wave
09/03 - Lunch - Rainforest AK
09/04 - Lunch - Tutto Italia (last year we couldn't w/o reservation)
09/05 - Dinner - Planet Hollywood
09/06 - Dinner - T-Rex
09/07 - Dinner - Coral Reef
09/08 - Dinner - Fulton's Crab (Thinking and change to Citricos)
09/09 - Dinner - Tony's Town
09/12 - Dinner - Via Napoli

With this programation, we still have 2 table services remaining. Do you have any sugestions?

For reservations already did, do anyone has any suggestions to change?

Thanks a lot !!!

Everything you have looks great! ;) Coral Reef and Tony's seem to be "love them or hate them" kind of places ... that being said, I haven't eaten in the Coral Reef for a couple of years and have never eaten at Tony's, so I can give no advice or opinion that would be up to date. Maybe someone here who has eaten at them more recently would be of more help.

Where are you planning to be on the days you have the two TS left? That would give a better idea of what to suggest for you. :)

Everything you have looks great! ;) Coral Reef and Tony's seem to be "love them or hate them" kind of places ... that being said, I haven't eaten in the Coral Reef for a couple of years and have never eaten at Tony's, so I can give no advice or opinion that would be up to date. Maybe someone here who has eaten at them more recently would be of more help.

Where are you planning to be on the days you have the two TS left? That would give a better idea of what to suggest for you. :)

Thanks for the answer !!

We didn't make reservations for 08/30 because it's our first day and I believe we will be tired in the end of the day. In 09/10 and 09/11 we are planning to go to Busch Garden and Legoland and it's probably we are get back late and tired too.

If you have any suggestions for lunch in all days or dinner in these days w/o reservations, I'll be grateful !

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the answer !!

We didn't make reservations for 08/30 because it's our first day and I believe we will be tired in the end of the day. In 09/10 and 09/11 we are planning to go to Busch Garden and Legoland and it's probably we are get back late and tired too.

If you have any suggestions for lunch in all days or dinner in these days w/o reservations, I'll be grateful !

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you have a very busy schedule planned! :yay:

As far as some QS places, here are my recommendations:
MK: Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's
AK: Flametree BBQ
DHS: ABC Commissary (it gets some bad reviews, but we liked it :thumbsup2)
EC: Sunshine Seasons
DTD: Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express

Not sure yet about suggesting other TS restaurants for you - let me think on it a while. ;)

We really enjoyed the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. We had excellent steaks, and the dessert was delicious. You would likely be able to get in there without a reservation.

We're also trying the Captain's Grille for the first time this year. Again, more steaks. It seems to get decent reviews. Sounds like you definitely could get in here without reservations.

We also really enjoyed the Tusker House buffet, but that is in the Animal Kingdom, so I don't think that will help a ton.

Happy planning!

I made the ADR's after booking, we have a 5 yr old princess and an almost 3 yr old prince so it was charater dinning for us. We have dinners booked at:

Cinderella's Royal Table
Askersus
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic Package
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace

I am excited but I have to ask what is the big deal about getting there for the rope drop?

ADRs are all booked, highlights include Le Cellier, Chef Mickie's for breakfast,and the Spirit of Aloha show. It's still 148 days away, but I am enjoying the planning and anticipation.

I made the ADR's after booking, we have a 5 yr old princess and an almost 3 yr old prince so it was charater dinning for us. We have dinners booked at:

Cinderella's Royal Table
Askersus
Chef Mickeys
Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic Package
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace

I am excited but I have to ask what is the big deal about getting there for the rope drop?

Aww - I bet they're going to enjoy all of those places! Is this the first visit for them?

As for rope drop, we've never done it. I think the fascination for some involves seeing the park "empty" and getting pictures without as many people around. For others, it is touring strategy - get there and get your FPs, then get onto some of the more popular attractions before the crowds arrive.

FWIW, even though we've never done rope drop, we've always managed to do all the rides we wanted to ... but then again, we always go in Sept/Oct when it's less crowded, also.

ADRs are all booked, highlights include Le Cellier, Chef Mickie's for breakfast,and the Spirit of Aloha show. It's still 148 days away, but I am enjoying the planning and anticipation.

Congrats on getting Le Cellier. We've never eaten there, but I have heard it is really good.

I'm also enjoying all the planning. Went nutso with the computer yesterday and made half a dozen lists LOL Hey, I figure if I have to plan where I'm going to eat 6 months from now, I may as well start figuring what I'll be wearing too, right? :laughing:

So who has their transportation set? Are you driving or flying?

We are flying. After watching the tickets go up, up, up, I finally broke down and bought them on Thursday.

How about you? :yay:

So glad I saw this! I would have hated to have missed the roll call :scared1:

We are going back to our beloved POFQ from September 6th to 24th

It's me and my DD (10)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter