*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Yes it's just really small in there so it's hard to get for that reason. November is a really hard month for dining reservations. I had the worst time making ADRs last year. I know my week last year was during free dining so everyone had ADRs. Last year I also went in July and had no problem getting ADRs even though I booked 47 days out.
LOL, I was excited this year because we really don't have many hard to get ADR's this time. We are not doing free dining this time and are renting DVC instead but unfortunately some of my dates overlap FD. Oh well at least the rest of our ADR's will hopefully be easier!:teeth:

It's possible to get an ADR on the day, alot of people cancel as they realise they won't make it to the resort from a park before.

We've also got walk ups twice, as long as you are fine eating at the bar they'll get you in, in about half an hour :)

Has anyone booked Mickey’s Backyard BBQ on Thanksgiving yet? Just curious if they had different times like they have in the past?! ADR day is Saturday :-)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards but not new to Disney. I've been to MK and Epcot several times. My husband has been to MK once (with me) and it will be our kids' first trip this November 13-20 (@Newsies could you please add me to the roll call?). My son will be almost 12 and my daughter is 8.

We are going to celebrate my birthday - I was born on Mickey's 50th bday so we are both celebrating milestones this year! And I've gone by the name Micky since I was an infant :)

We are staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We have 5 day Disney park passes (we will do one day at Universal) - still debating adding the Park Hopper option. I made my ADRs last week but am open to tweaking (and have been actively looking at what's still available).

My sister is a Disney travel agent so she booked our trip and has been helping with a lot of details and suggestions but I thought it would be nice to get more opinions and ideas from you all!

My biggest question has been - can anyone give me a general idea of what type of special events to expect at the parks on November 18th, Mickey's birthday (and mine!)? Will the other parks be doing anything special? I'm planning to spend the day at MK that day b/c I figured they'd be making the biggest deal out of it but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Our 180+10 window open tomorrow for our TGiving week trip. Have some ambitious ADR wants, but here we go (for 5):

11/20: Beaches and Cream dinner
11/22: Le Cellier early Tgiving dinner
11/23: Art Smith Homecoming lunch on Black Friday
11/24: Trattoria al Forno character breakfast and Hacienda dinner for Illuminations
11/25: Be Our Guest dinner before our MVMCP tickets (Chef Mickeys backup)

Phew. We'll see how it goes.

Well, I changed resorts. With the talk of the All-Star Movies refurbishment I decided to go there instead in hopes of landing a queen bed.

It cost $20 more per night for a preferred room, but I think it’s worth for the chance at getting a new bed.

We are staying at the contemporary 11/5-11/10. My first time ever to Disney, and also for our 3 girls. Had a lot of trouble getting ADRs at 180+2. Hoping to get some as it gets closer! Does anyone know if CRT reservations for the MVMCP have been released yet? we aren’t doing the parties but thought maybe that was why we had so much trouble finding an ADR the Day before

Hi all November Disboarders! We just booked 5 nights at Contemporary (14-19) and already am worried about ADR's. I'm reading about a lot of the restaurants (especially signatures) not being available yet because of parties. Has anyone else had issues with ADR's????
Tomorrow 6:00 AM my 180-day window opens and we're hoping for: Ohana, BOG, Liberty Tree, Cali Grill, and Homecoming.

Our dates are the same but I just canceled my Room reservation. I was playing around and can save $400 staying off site. I will take the $400 and drive to the parks lol.

We just booked AKV Kidani Village for 11/24 - 12/2. It will be me, DW, 2DD's and we are taking out nephew. It will be his first trip to WDW and he is 15! We are going to do MVMCP on Thursday the 29th.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards but not new to Disney. I've been to MK and Epcot several times. My husband has been to MK once (with me) and it will be our kids' first trip this November 13-20 (@Newsies could you please add me to the roll call?). My son will be almost 12 and my daughter is 8.

We are going to celebrate my birthday - I was born on Mickey's 50th bday so we are both celebrating milestones this year! And I've gone by the name Micky since I was an infant :)

We are staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We have 5 day Disney park passes (we will do one day at Universal) - still debating adding the Park Hopper option. I made my ADRs last week but am open to tweaking (and have been actively looking at what's still available).

My sister is a Disney travel agent so she booked our trip and has been helping with a lot of details and suggestions but I thought it would be nice to get more opinions and ideas from you all!

My biggest question has been - can anyone give me a general idea of what type of special events to expect at the parks on November 18th, Mickey's birthday (and mine!)? Will the other parks be doing anything special? I'm planning to spend the day at MK that day b/c I figured they'd be making the biggest deal out of it but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Welcome to the roll call everyone!

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. I came home from college about a week and a half ago and my life since has been busy with unpacking and planning for my 21st birthday (which was yesterday, woop woop!)

Today was my own ADR day. I set an alarm for 5:50 last night but ended up actually waking up at around 6:40. Oops.

Anyway, I got everything I wanted except for one thing!

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18- Dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin', 8:00 PM. This was the one restaurant that we all really wanted to go to. We're going to arrive at around noon (maybe a little earlier) that day, and my mom really wants to do a 45-minute pontoon boat trip, so I wanted to factor in time for us to unpack, rent a boat from the Poly, and then head over to Disney Springs for some shopping and drinks before dinner. We are VERY excited!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19- Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel, 6:00 PM. Our current favorite restaurant. If you haven't been there yet, you absolutely have to try it.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20- Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe, 4:15 PM. This is the one ADR I'm kind of disappointed about. I really wanted to do a late lunch/early dinner at Sci-Fi, since we always go to 50sPTC. We're going to be rope dropping the park for TSL this day, so I made sure to make our dinner reservation on the earlier side because I don't want anyone getting cranky if we only have time to grab a snack before dinner!

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21- Lunch at Yak & Yeti, 12:30 PM. Okay ya'll, so here's the thing. I ALWAYS make this reservation, have made it every year since 2014, and EVERY YEAR we end up cancelling it for one reason or another. This year I made it a lunch reservation and a little earlier into the trip than normal so that we can be SURE to eat there! I've been meaning to try this place for four years!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22- California Grill Thanksgiving Dinner, 5:20 PM. This is such a special ADR to me, it almost breaks my heart that it's, in a way, made to throw away. This is technically our back-up ADR, since we really are counting on getting into the DVC Member Thanksgiving Banquet this year, but those tickets aren't released until September (which is really annoying but whatever). There's a (big) chance we won't get into that, though, so I told me family I still wanted to do something special for Thanksgiving and now part of me hopes that we can't get into the DVC event because I've always wanted to eat here.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23- Breakfast at The Wave, 10:00 AM. Our only breakfast, which is a shame considering how much I looooove breakfast. This will technically be our Magic Kingdom day, but we're going to take it as easy as possible because the crowds will probably send my family back to the resort as soon as we get there. We all really love The Wave, so I definitely wanted to incorporate the amazing breakfast buffet into our trip somehow.

Happy birthday, @Newsies! Ah, to be 21 again :)

I'll throw out the ADRs I got and our tentative itinerary for our vacation.

Tuesday 11/13 - land in Orland at 11:22 AM. We have 4:50 PM reservations at Homecomin'. If it's warm, I'm sure we will spend time at the pool, planning for a chill day upon arrival.

Wednesday 11/14 - MK day. EMH from 9-11pm. 12:50 brunch reservations at Chef Mickey's. Not sure if we'll keep that one. Hoping to get fast passes for Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, or Space Mountain. I know I'll only be able to do 3 in advance.

Thursday 11/15 - this will be our Universal day. We are all big Harry Potter fans and my son would have been super disappointed if we didn't go! I haven't been to the newer section but husband and I went to IOA a few years ago and saw the original HP area.

Friday 11/16 - Animal Kingdom. 4:45 PM dinner reservations at Yak & Yeti. Hoping to get FP for Avatar, Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari.

Saturday 11/17 - Hollywood Studios. 1:05 PM lunch reservations at 50s Prime Time Cafe. Haven't decided which FP I'll try for: Rock n Rollercoaster, Star Wars, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash and Frozen Singalong are all on my list.

Sunday 11/18 - Magic Kingdom. Mickey's and my birthday! I made reservations for 8:55AM at Chef Mickey's before I made the Wed. res. I will probably cancel this one b/c I was able to snag 4:05 dinner reservations at Be Our Guest. Additional MK FP I'd like to try for: BTMR, SM, and Haunted Mansion.

Monday 11/19 - Epcot. 6:45 dinner reservations at Akershus. Hoping for FP for Frozen Ever After and Soarin'.

Tuesday 11/20 - flight leaves MCO at 2pm. Either eat at AoA, Disney Springs, or other. If it's warm - hopefully a little more pool time.

Feedback on reservations/itinerary is welcome! I'm so indecisive, it was hard for me to try and map out our week this far in advance. But overall, I'm pretty happy with our ADRs. I seem to be in the minority, but dining isn't one of my big priorities (and we do not have a dining plan).

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. I came home from college about a week and a half ago and my life since has been busy with unpacking and planning for my 21st birthday (which was yesterday, woop woop!)

Today was my own ADR day. I set an alarm for 5:50 last night but ended up actually waking up at around 6:40. Oops.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18- Dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin', 8:00 PM. This was the one restaurant that we all really wanted to go to. We're going to arrive at around noon (maybe a little earlier) that day, and my mom really wants to do a 45-minute pontoon boat trip, so I wanted to factor in time for us to unpack, rent a boat from the Poly, and then head over to Disney Springs for some shopping and drinks before dinner. We are VERY excited!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19- Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel, 6:00 PM. Our current favorite restaurant. If you haven't been there yet, you absolutely have to try it.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20- Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe, 4:15 PM. This is the one ADR I'm kind of disappointed about. I really wanted to do a late lunch/early dinner at Sci-Fi, since we always go to 50sPTC. We're going to be rope dropping the park for TSL this day, so I made sure to make our dinner reservation on the earlier side because I don't want anyone getting cranky if we only have time to grab a snack before dinner!

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21- Lunch at Yak & Yeti, 12:30 PM. Okay ya'll, so here's the thing. I ALWAYS make this reservation, have made it every year since 2014, and EVERY YEAR we end up cancelling it for one reason or another. This year I made it a lunch reservation and a little earlier into the trip than normal so that we can be SURE to eat there! I've been meaning to try this place for four years!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22- California Grill Thanksgiving Dinner, 5:20 PM. This is such a special ADR to me, it almost breaks my heart that it's, in a way, made to throw away. This is technically our back-up ADR, since we really are counting on getting into the DVC Member Thanksgiving Banquet this year, but those tickets aren't released until September (which is really annoying but whatever). There's a (big) chance we won't get into that, though, so I told me family I still wanted to do something special for Thanksgiving and now part of me hopes that we can't get into the DVC event because I've always wanted to eat here.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23- Breakfast at The Wave, 10:00 AM. Our only breakfast, which is a shame considering how much I looooove breakfast. This will technically be our Magic Kingdom day, but we're going to take it as easy as possible because the crowds will probably send my family back to the resort as soon as we get there. We all really love The Wave, so I definitely wanted to incorporate the amazing breakfast buffet into our trip somehow.
Happy Birthday!!:cake:party:

Happy Belated Birthday!

I've always wanted to try the Wave buffet but it hasn't been a good fit in our plans. The reviews are always good and the pictures look great. Maybe this July trip on a non-park day we can do it. I'm trying not to book a lot of ADRs and just play it by ear when we get there. I do have the must-do ADRs but that's it. I would like to do Homecomin' too but that never seems to make the cut. FX that you get to keep your Cali Grill.

Tuesday 11/13 - land in Orland at 11:22 AM. We have 4:50 PM reservations at Homecomin'. If it's warm, I'm sure we will spend time at the pool, planning for a chill day upon arrival.

Wednesday 11/14 - MK day. EMH from 9-11pm. 12:50 brunch reservations at Chef Mickey's. Not sure if we'll keep that one. Hoping to get fast passes for Pirates of the Caribbean, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan, or Space Mountain. I know I'll only be able to do 3 in advance.

Thursday 11/15 - this will be our Universal day. We are all big Harry Potter fans and my son would have been super disappointed if we didn't go! I haven't been to the newer section but husband and I went to IOA a few years ago and saw the original HP area.

Friday 11/16 - Animal Kingdom. 4:45 PM dinner reservations at Yak & Yeti. Hoping to get FP for Avatar, Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari.

Saturday 11/17 - Hollywood Studios. 1:05 PM lunch reservations at 50s Prime Time Cafe. Haven't decided which FP I'll try for: Rock n Rollercoaster, Star Wars, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash and Frozen Singalong are all on my list.

Sunday 11/18 - Magic Kingdom. Mickey's and my birthday! I made reservations for 8:55AM at Chef Mickey's before I made the Wed. res. I will probably cancel this one b/c I was able to snag 4:05 dinner reservations at Be Our Guest. Additional MK FP I'd like to try for: BTMR, SM, and Haunted Mansion.

Monday 11/19 - Epcot. 6:45 dinner reservations at Akershus. Hoping for FP for Frozen Ever After and Soarin'.

Tuesday 11/20 - flight leaves MCO at 2pm. Either eat at AoA, Disney Springs, or other. If it's warm - hopefully a little more pool time.

Feedback on reservations/itinerary is welcome! I'm so indecisive, it was hard for me to try and map out our week this far in advance. But overall, I'm pretty happy with our ADRs. I seem to be in the minority, but dining isn't one of my big priorities (and we do not have a dining plan).

Chef Mickey's isn't the best food but it's just a fun ADR with the characters. I think brunch/breakfast are good there. My kids still talk about how Aunt Carol fed me my veggies at 50s prime time. I'll never live that down. lol BOG dinner for your birthday will be fun.

I'm jealous that you are going to US to see the HP stuff. My son just got into the movies so now I really want to go. We were putting it off until they were a little bigger and liked the bigger rides more.

You might know this but just in case you don't, Epcot has a tier system so you can't get both Frozen Ever After and Soarin' fastpasses because they're both tier 1.

Our 180+10 window open tomorrow for our TGiving week trip. Have some ambitious ADR wants, but here we go (for 5):

11/20: Beaches and Cream dinner
11/22: Le Cellier early Tgiving dinner
11/23: Art Smith Homecoming lunch on Black Friday
11/24: Trattoria al Forno character breakfast and Hacienda dinner for Illuminations
11/25: Be Our Guest dinner before our MVMCP tickets (Chef Mickeys backup)

Phew. We'll see how it goes.

Go for BOG right away! With it being a party night there’s not much available. Then I’d go for either trattoria or thanksgiving next.
Beaches may be hard to get as it was limited when I booked yesterday.
Good luck!

Go for BOG right away! With it being a party night there’s not much available. Then I’d go for either trattoria or thanksgiving next.
Beaches may be hard to get as it was limited when I booked yesterday.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!!

Yeah, BoG is definitely a longshot but we have tickets for the party that night so if we don't score the "early" dinner, I'll give it another go when the later reservations come out for ticket holders.

We did Le Cellier 2 years ago on TGiving and I booked that trip last minute so *fingers crossed.* We're looking to do an earlier, off-time type meal (4, 4:30) so hopeful there.

I really did not anticipate Trattoria al Forno being a popular choice but when I started researching a few days ago, I was shocked. We're staying at the YC so I figured this was a nice easy character option! Thats probably my daughters *must do* since I started playing it up (thinking it wouldnt be that tough to get!!!) to avoid another CRT or Akershus reservation which we've done a lot of...

And yeah I'm not gonna stress BnC. Probably set up a TP reservation finder for that one since I'm not going to miss out on the others in search of it.

Hi Everyone!

We are heading down in November for our honeymoon and I'm SO excited! We will be at POFQ from 11/4-11/10 (@Newsies It would be fun to be added to the roll call!). It will be his first visit to WDW ever, so being this close to our trip, NEITHER of us can contain our excitement!!! :hyper:

We unfortunately couldn't snag ADRs for dinner at BOG or brunch at CG, but we were able to get everything else we wanted:
Character breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, CRT and Ohana
Lunches at HBD, Skipper Canteen, Coral Reef and Tusker House ROL package
Dinners at Morimoto Asia, Monsieur Paul and Boathouse

We are hoarding all of our snack credits for Food & Wine Festival use during one of our Epcot days too.

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour one of our MK days too, so that should be EPIC!!

We are SO excited!!

Thanks for the advice!!

Yeah, BoG is definitely a longshot but we have tickets for the party that night so if we don't score the "early" dinner, I'll give it another go when the later reservations come out for ticket holders.

We did Le Cellier 2 years ago on TGiving and I booked that trip last minute so *fingers crossed.* We're looking to do an earlier, off-time type meal (4, 4:30) so hopeful there.

I really did not anticipate Trattoria al Forno being a popular choice but when I started researching a few days ago, I was shocked. We're staying at the YC so I figured this was a nice easy character option! Thats probably my daughters *must do* since I started playing it up (thinking it wouldnt be that tough to get!!!) to avoid another CRT or Akershus reservation which we've done a lot of...

And yeah I'm not gonna stress BnC. Probably set up a TP reservation finder for that one since I'm not going to miss out on the others in search of it.

How did you make out???

How did you make out???

Ahh, very well actually!

We didn't get BnC (as I expected) but will do the new Ale and Compass that night instead and get Ice Cream to go after I think.

Le Cellier we got a non-ideal 2:45 time rather than the 4:30/5pm dinner I was hoping for, but we'll make do accordingly.

I got everything else, including BOG at 5 PM, which is just perfect. Was very excited about that, plus Trattoria at 10:40 which was also great - I wasn't going to be picky but that was going to be our "resort" day so while normally I'd be all about a 7:30 AM or something breakfast, was hoping we could take it easy and we can!

I also added, well after the fact, a Chef Mickey's brunch on a day where we are planning MK in the AM and Epcot (with no reservation, just eat around the world) at night, as thats a kiddo fave that we were going to forego this time for a "new" BOG experience, but now got both, which I'm pumped about!!!

I set up a finder for a later Le Cellier time on TGiving but if thats the biggest "miss", I'm still happy.

Happy Birthday!!:cake:party:

Happy Belated Birthday!

I've always wanted to try the Wave buffet but it hasn't been a good fit in our plans. The reviews are always good and the pictures look great. Maybe this July trip on a non-park day we can do it. I'm trying not to book a lot of ADRs and just play it by ear when we get there. I do have the must-do ADRs but that's it. I would like to do Homecomin' too but that never seems to make the cut. FX that you get to keep your Cali Grill.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Your plans all look great so far, I love this time of year because after ADRs are made, the vacations start to feel a little more "real!" It's so fun getting to plan with you all!

@dnllmz , I made time for The Wave this trip because my family was in the same boat! We're going to have to sacrifice a little bit of Magic Kingdom time but with the crowds, I doubt we're going to want to stay there for very long.

Hi Everyone!

We are heading down in November for our honeymoon and I'm SO excited! We will be at POFQ from 11/4-11/10 (@Newsies It would be fun to be added to the roll call!). It will be his first visit to WDW ever, so being this close to our trip, NEITHER of us can contain our excitement!!! :hyper:

We unfortunately couldn't snag ADRs for dinner at BOG or brunch at CG, but we were able to get everything else we wanted:
Character breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, CRT and Ohana
Lunches at HBD, Skipper Canteen, Coral Reef and Tusker House ROL package
Dinners at Morimoto Asia, Monsieur Paul and Boathouse

We are hoarding all of our snack credits for Food & Wine Festival use during one of our Epcot days too.

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour one of our MK days too, so that should be EPIC!!

We are SO excited!!

Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you here-- your plans look great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!