***Official November 2016 Thread***

Well....
The crowd calendars that are out so far seem to think most of the week will be low crowds. (Hopefully:)) Now to figure out ADR's.:surfweb:

I think everyone should keep in mind crowds and crowd calendars are relative. November will never be as bad as summer. That being said the crowds have gotten much bigger over the last few years. more noticeable now since they also have cut back staffing. BUT I think by now I can say I am a November Veteran, having gone sometime in the first 3 week of this month for over 10 years. Its really not bad compare to other times.

Restaurants will be the main issues so get in those ADR's (Starting MAY 1st! for November 1st!). The ride waits can be 30 minutes but most will not be. Use the fast passes wisely and you can do very well. We rode BTMRR, HM, PP, VOTLM, POTC and BLRS multiple times, had a sit down at BOG and still rode everything else at least once. End of day shopping was a nightmare though, so shop early.....its never a good idea to shop at end of day. You can have any packages delivered to the park entrance or if your staying at a WDW resort, they can be sent directly to that resort...

Oh no, you've made me slightly worried now about crowds. Our dates are 11/12 - 11/25. I wasn't planning on it being heavy crowds ( obviously busy ) on the first part of our trip :guilty:. We move offsite for a few days on the 22nd and are not doing any parks, maybe Typhoon Lagoon on the 24th, weather depending.
Weather is , to me as a one time FL resident and a current NC resident, is too cold to do any swimming. I know plenty of northerners who do
though. Usually its 70's to 80's. but if cloudy it can feel in the low 60's. Strange time for weather in Fl, but over all its a great time for weather. Almost never gets HOT HOT HOT!

How busy do you guys think it would be at Typhoon Lagoon on thanksgiving? Like I said on pp, weather depending.
I would not think so.....

Wow, busy thread today! And I see quite a few people who will be there the beginning of my trip (11/19-11/26) :goodvibes
We're booked at CSR for 11/15-22/16 with free dining, but I am having second thoughts about being there for the first part of Thanksgiving week. We visited last year 11/12-19/16 which was the week before Thanksgiving, and the crowds were heavier than we anticipated. It was also very difficult to make ADR's. I said I wouldn't visit again in November, but free dining wooed me back. Is anyone else scheduled for this same time frame, and if so, what are your expectations for crowds
We were there Thanksgiving week last year; the crowds the beginning of the week (Sat-Tues. before, when you'll be there) weren't that bad. It was very easy for me to get all the ADR's I wanted because for the most part, FD was over. You (and millions of others lol) had trouble because you went in the thick of it! I can only think it'll be the same again this year, a downfall of going during FD. Being that last year FD ended the Thurs. before Thanksgiving and this year it goes until the Monday before, it'll probably be even harder for you (and me......).
I can't speak to the crowds the week before Thanksgiving b/c other than last year, we've only done the week after and Veterans week years ago when there was still such a thing as "lower crowd times" at Disney ;)

We went on our first Disney trip this past October and now I am Disney obsessed! My husband doesn't share my feelings but he loves food so when I heard free dining was coming he agreed to let me book a trip. We booked free dining at CBR 11/27-12/3. I loved going during Halloween but I am even more excited to be there around Christmas and see all the decorations. My best friend decided she wanted to go too so I was also able to book her a room at CBR and get her free dining too but I am a little nervous about planning someone else's vacation for them especially since this is only my second trip there.

We went on our first Disney trip this past October and now I am Disney obsessed! My husband doesn't share my feelings but he loves food so when I heard free dining was coming he agreed to let me book a trip. We booked free dining at CBR 11/27-12/3. I loved going during Halloween but I am even more excited to be there around Christmas and see all the decorations. My best friend decided she wanted to go too so I was also able to book her a room at CBR and get her free dining too but I am a little nervous about planning someone else's vacation for them especially since this is only my second trip there.

I hear you! My in-laws are coming with us, and so I keep running restaurant and attraction ideas by them to kind of get an idea of what they want. A better way might be to ask them to send you a list of their "must do" attractions and any restaurants they want to check out.

Going November 8th through 12th (then the 13-15 at Universal)! My first time since I was a kid. Our 10th anniversary is on the 11th, and when we saw Dapper Day in Epcot is the 12th it was a no-brainer that it was the perfect place to celebrate 10 awesome years. Much to their dismay, we are leaving our kids at home with grandma. :) Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are super excited, and I have spent way too many hours planning already and getting ADRs ready to go. Does anyone know what the HS evening entertainment schedules are usually like? Are fireworks typically every night? We are massive Star Wars fans and will plan our days around the Star Wars fireworks if necessary. Hoping they bring back the dessert party for the new show!

Is that normal to not have Wishes during November? No Wishes, HS closing stuff. Wow. I picked the wrong time to go for my first family trip.
We go every November and there are fireworks. Usually one or two of the nights the xmas party is taking place.

On the park hours chart it says ' blizzard beach refurbishment ' does this mean it will be closed

What is the link that shows it is closed? I will be very happy to see it closed in November because typhoon lagoon will be open. Every time we go to Disney only blizzard beach is open so it will be nice to visit this one. Can't wait to get to Coronado November 17-25th. Woohoo!!!!!!

I finalized my hotels for 11/5-11/14. We are staying 11/5-11/7 at a Poly Villas Studio and 11/711/14 at an Old Key West 1 bedroom. I was originally going to stay at all OKW but there is zero DVC availability for that weekend due to the half marathon. I REALLY want to stay at the Poly even though it is a studio and my husband will complain about not having a separate room from the kids... I "might" change it to a SSR 1 bedroom since those are still available on the website.

With these hotels my rough plan is as follows based on the information we have so far:

Sat 11/5: Check in Poly at 11-12pm - go to MK/swim at pool while we wait for our room - Ohana/1900 PF ADR - Visit Trader Sams?
Sun 11/6: MK Rope drop - mid day break - ADR Ohana/1900 PF (whatever we didn't do on the previous day) - Back to MK for night shows - Visit Trader Sams if not done
Mon 11/7: Rest morning - Pack up and send bags to OKW - Kona early lunch - Head to Epcot - 1-2pm - Food and Wine FW Touring until Illuminations
Tues 11/8: MK early morning party (me and kids) - Leave park at 10am - Mid-day break- AK 1-2pm - Yak and Yeti ADR - Watch night shows/ ROL
Wed 11/9: Universal day - uber or taxi to Universal - Eat at one of Harry Potter restaurants - Return to Hotel - Eat at Olivias or Disney Springs
Thursday 11/10: Epcot EMH (still debating if this is stupid or not) - Lunch Tutto Italia - Rest Afternoon evening (Maybe head to another park or Disney Springs)
Friday 11/11: Another Universal Day - Lunch at the Simpsons area - Open evening (Disney Springs/park)
Saturday 11/12: Hollywood Studios Rope Drop - Sci-Fi lunch - mid day break - Return to HS for Star Wars shows
Sunday 11/13: AK Morning - Tusker House late Breakfast - Mid day break - Hoop de doo 6:15pm
Monday 11/14: Depart by 12pm - Maybe go to MK one last time in the morning if there is time

What I just realized looking at this is that I have no park hopping in here, so I will strip that from the tickets I bought and add it later if I need it. I left a lot of evenings open, and I will probably add a date night for me and DH at one of the restaurants at Disney Springs - not sure which one yet. My kids are older, so they might be more willing to do some late nights at the parks, especially my daughter since she is 14. 10 more days until ADRS!!!!

We're booked at CSR for 11/15-22/16 with free dining, but I am having second thoughts about being there for the first part of Thanksgiving week. We visited last year 11/12-19/16 which was the week before Thanksgiving, and the crowds were heavier than we anticipated. It was also very difficult to make ADR's. I said I wouldn't visit again in November, but free dining wooed me back. Is anyone else scheduled for this same time frame, and if so, what are your expectations for crowds?
We always go the Thursday before thanksgiving and go to mk and Epcot before the weekend. That way when we go in on thanksgiving week we have already hit the major rides so crowds do not bother us

Wow, busy thread today! And I see quite a few people who will be there the beginning of my trip (11/19-11/26) :goodvibes

We were there Thanksgiving week last year; the crowds the beginning of the week (Sat-Tues. before, when you'll be there) weren't that bad. It was very easy for me to get all the ADR's I wanted because for the most part, FD was over. You (and millions of others lol) had trouble because you went in the thick of it! I can only think it'll be the same again this year, a downfall of going during FD. Being that last year FD ended the Thurs. before Thanksgiving and this year it goes until the Monday before, it'll probably be even harder for you (and me......).
I can't speak to the crowds the week before Thanksgiving b/c other than last year, we've only done the week after and Veterans week years ago when there was still such a thing as "lower crowd times" at Disney ;)
We will be at csr on November 17-25th!!!!!! So excited

Hi all,

Just switched our resort to CSR w/ free dining :yay: and we'll be there 11/15-11/24 (doing HRH at Universal 11/12-11/14).
Working on planning out ADR's so I'm ready once the 180-day mark hits in mid May. So much planning...:faint:

I finalized my hotels for 11/5-11/14. We are staying 11/5-11/7 at a Poly Villas Studio and 11/711/14 at an Old Key West 1 bedroom. I was originally going to stay at all OKW but there is zero DVC availability for that weekend due to the half marathon. I REALLY want to stay at the Poly even though it is a studio and my husband will complain about not having a separate room from the kids... I "might" change it to a SSR 1 bedroom since those are still available on the website.

With these hotels my rough plan is as follows based on the information we have so far:

Sat 11/5: Check in Poly at 11-12pm - go to MK/swim at pool while we wait for our room - Ohana/1900 PF ADR - Visit Trader Sams?
Sun 11/6: MK Rope drop - mid day break - ADR Ohana/1900 PF (whatever we didn't do on the previous day) - Back to MK for night shows - Visit Trader Sams if not done
Mon 11/7: Rest morning - Pack up and send bags to OKW - Kona early lunch - Head to Epcot - 1-2pm - Food and Wine FW Touring until Illuminations
Tues 11/8: MK early morning party (me and kids) - Leave park at 10am - Mid-day break- AK 1-2pm - Yak and Yeti ADR - Watch night shows/ ROL
Wed 11/9: Universal day - uber or taxi to Universal - Eat at one of Harry Potter restaurants - Return to Hotel - Eat at Olivias or Disney Springs
Thursday 11/10: Epcot EMH (still debating if this is stupid or not) - Lunch Tutto Italia - Rest Afternoon evening (Maybe head to another park or Disney Springs)
Friday 11/11: Another Universal Day - Lunch at the Simpsons area - Open evening (Disney Springs/park)
Saturday 11/12: Hollywood Studios Rope Drop - Sci-Fi lunch - mid day break - Return to HS for Star Wars shows
Sunday 11/13: AK Morning - Tusker House late Breakfast - Mid day break - Hoop de doo 6:15pm
Monday 11/14: Depart by 12pm - Maybe go to MK one last time in the morning if there is time

What I just realized looking at this is that I have no park hopping in here, so I will strip that from the tickets I bought and add it later if I need it. I left a lot of evenings open, and I will probably add a date night for me and DH at one of the restaurants at Disney Springs - not sure which one yet. My kids are older, so they might be more willing to do some late nights at the parks, especially my daughter since she is 14. 10 more days until ADRS!!!!

For your day of 11/8 if they extend the early morning party to November and you want to go and then want to go to AK you will need hoppers - MK admissions is required along with the morning ticket.

We will be at csr on November 17-25th!!!!!! So excited
Awesome! We have some overlapping days :thumbsup2 You must love CSR, I see in your signature you've stayed a few times lol

Hi all,
Just switched our resort to CSR w/ free dining :yay: and we'll be there 11/15-11/24 (doing HRH at Universal 11/12-11/14).
Working on planning out ADR's so I'm ready once the 180-day mark hits in mid May. So much planning...:faint:
OK now we're at the SAME RESORT for one night!! We're going to have to try to meet up there if we don't manage it before! No more AoA, huh?

I'm so happy today! I jumped online this morning and was able to modify from a pirate room at CBR to a preferred room. Called my TA and she was able to get us into a water/pool room so we saved a little more money and are happy with our room choice.

Feels more official now! :-)

I will be cancelling my preferred room reservation this evening in case anyone is still trying to switch from a pirate room between 11/15 and 11/21.

OK now we're at the SAME RESORT for one night!! We're going to have to try to meet up there if we don't manage it before! No more AoA, huh?

It'd be great to take a few moments to meet you!

Couldn't get our AoA suite with free dining (zero availability) so we switched to CSR. Giving up the 2nd bathroom was tough for me :sad: but my son and husband don't seem to care about that so :rolleyes:. With the lower room cost at CSR and free dining, we ended up saving ~$3K and that trumps all ::yes::. My son is excited about the water slide in the main pool :goodvibes

I have seen it on the park hours calendar that has a link on a pp on this thread. Sorry I can post the link, not very good with these forums :laughing:

[QUOTE="Becky Mouse, post: 55653400, member: 577" Also, MVMCP on Tuesday the 15th is predicted to be the lowest crowd level of any of the MVMCP dates, based on previous years. So, we're going to go to that on the 15th![/QUOTE]

How did you find out crowd levels for the party dates? That would be helpful to know, thanks!

My husband and i are travelling 11/27 - 12/4 for our 10 year anniversary. Currently staying at Pop w/free dining. I wasnt able to get Cbr and wasnt sure i wanted Csr. I cant wait although i am a little nervous to be leaving my youngest behind, he will be 18 months.

[QUOTE="Becky Mouse, post: 55653400, member: 577" Also, MVMCP on Tuesday the 15th is predicted to be the lowest crowd level of any of the MVMCP dates, based on previous years. So, we're going to go to that on the 15th!

How did you find out crowd levels for the party dates? That would be helpful to know, thanks!

Let me keep searching for the page about 2016, but here is a page where Touring Plans talked about what days were the best in 2014 and 2015:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/04/10/disney-world-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-2015/

They ranked each day in 2015 by wait times. For 2015, the very first day of the party, Nov 8, was ranked 5th. The second day of the party, Nov 10, had the lowest wait times.

The 5 days they predicted to have the lowest wait times in 2015 were:

1. Tuesday, November 10

2. Tuesday, December 8

3. Thursday, November 12

4. Tuesday, November 17

5. Tuesday, December 1 (tied)

5. Sunday, November 8 (tied)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Becky Mouse, post: 55653400, member: 577" Also, MVMCP on Tuesday the 15th is predicted to be the lowest crowd level of any of the MVMCP dates, based on previous years. So, we're going to go to that on the 15th!

OK, that list I just sent was their projected dates from 2015. This link I'm attaching has the actual wait times from last year (they weren't far off, but not exact in their predictions), along with their predictions for this year:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/07/least-crowded-disney-world-christmas-party-2016/

They predict the party dates with the best wait times for 2016 to be:

1. Tuesday, November 15

2. Tuesday, November 8

3. Thursday, November 10

4. Tuesday, December 6

5. Monday, November 7 (first party of the year)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter