***Official November 2016 Thread***

We arrive on 11/15. My plan is to watch the fireworks from MVMCP from the beach at the Poly. Am I correct that there are always fireworks over the castle during that party?

We're booked at CSR for 11/15-22/16 with free dining, but I am having second thoughts about being there for the first part of Thanksgiving week. We visited last year 11/12-19/16 which was the week before Thanksgiving, and the crowds were heavier than we anticipated. It was also very difficult to make ADR's. I said I wouldn't visit again in November, but free dining wooed me back. Is anyone else scheduled for this same time frame, and if so, what are your expectations for crowds?

We're booked at CSR for 11/15-22/16 with free dining, but I am having second thoughts about being there for the first part of Thanksgiving week. We visited last year 11/12-19/16 which was the week before Thanksgiving, and the crowds were heavier than we anticipated. It was also very difficult to make ADR's. I said I wouldn't visit again in November, but free dining wooed me back. Is anyone else scheduled for this same time frame, and if so, what are your expectations for crowds?

We have almost the same dates, but a shorter stay: 11/15-20. The crowds aren't supposed to pick up until Saturday, so I'm looking at crowd calendars to try to pick the slowest days at each park. TouringPlans predicts Thursday 11/17 to be a low crowd day at MK, but MK is closing at 4:30pm for a private party. I think a lot of people won't bother going that day, so we're planning to go & take advantage of the lower crowds. Also, MVMCP on Tuesday the 15th is predicted to be the lowest crowd level of any of the MVMCP dates, based on previous years. So, we're going to go to that on the 15th!

Sorry that didn't work out. What ADRs are you hoping for? This is my first time having FD--or a dining plan at all--so I've been giving it a lot of thought! My last time at Disney World, the only restaurant we ate at was Liberty Tree Tavern. We did quick-service stops for everything else.

My big one is a pre-open ADR at BOG.
I also want to do brunch at Ohana on our off-day. I'm not as worried about that one because I don't care about what time we get.
The other two I really, really want are Princess Storybook Dining for my DD, and also Minnie's Holiday Dine. We're a bit flexible on times for those, so I'm hoping they will all work out!
I might try to get Tusker House, too, but it's hard to figure out dinner times at AK when we don't know what time they'll be closing or what time their night shows will be.

We will be there from November 14-21 at POR. We may add on a day at the front, just waiting for next years school schedule. We booked last year before ticket increases and decided we wanted POR this year more than free dining, so we are hoping for a possible Room Discount. The crowd calendars that are out so far seem to think most of the week will be low crowds. (Hopefully:)) Now to figure out ADR's.:surfweb:

Oh no, you've made me slightly worried now about crowds. Our dates are 11/12 - 11/25. I wasn't planning on it being heavy crowds ( obviously busy ) on the first part of our trip :guilty:.

We move offsite for a few days on the 22nd and are not doing any parks, maybe Typhoon Lagoon on the 24th, weather depending.

How busy do you guys think it would be at Typhoon Lagoon on thanksgiving? Like I said on pp, weather depending.

We arrive evening of 11/12 and staying one night at All Star Music and then we check in to BC Villas for 3 nights and then WL Villas for 3 nights and then Universal Pacific Royal for 4 nights!!! Can't wait for night time AK!!!
Oh yes we got non stop round trip for $268 from Los Angeles !!!

Looks like part 3 of the Fred dining thread has been locked.....

So I will post this here....

Just cancelled
AKL : with FD from 11-15 to 11-20......should open for someone soon!

Looks like part 3 of the Fred dining thread has been locked.....

So I will post this here....

Just cancelled
AKL : with FD from 11-15 to 11-20......should open for someone soon!
I am so glad you got what you wanted. I was on those 3 crazy fun free dining threads. You are the one who told me to make new reservations instead of modifying, it was a great tip, I got exactly what I wanted:thanks:

We have almost the same dates, but a shorter stay: 11/15-20. The crowds aren't supposed to pick up until Saturday, so I'm looking at crowd calendars to try to pick the slowest days at each park. TouringPlans predicts Thursday 11/17 to be a low crowd day at MK, but MK is closing at 4:30pm for a private party. I think a lot of people won't bother going that day, so we're planning to go & take advantage of the lower crowds. Also, MVMCP on Tuesday the 15th is predicted to be the lowest crowd level of any of the MVMCP dates, based on previous years. So, we're going to go to that on the 15th!

We are going 11/16-22. I am thinking the crowds at MK should be really, really low with the early closing so I think we are going to try that too.

We where just talking about this at lunch...I had the same feeling. BUT I think its the Cast Member Day and they can bring Family for free if I remember correctly...Still thinking about that day......

We're going 11/12 - 11/22 ( 12/13 at Royal Pacific for US, 11/14 room only at ASMu, and 11/15-11/22 at ASMu). There are a lot of us going then and I'm getting more and more nervous about the crowds, ha.

Oh yes we got non stop round trip for $268 from Los Angeles !!!

That's a steal! We're looking at $400ish pp round trip. What airline did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter