***Official November 2013***

My sister will be there between Nov 7 - 10. I am running the Wine and Dine Half Marathon while she is cheering me on! :cheer2: We are doing a split-stay at Art of Animation for our fly-in night and Old Key West for the remaining weekend.

I was so excited to see MVMCP on November 8th that I already bought our tickets!! It's half-marathon weekend, first party of the season, and Veteran's Day weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in October.

I am trying to plan some of our days now that I have the ADRs booked and I really want to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise again on this trip. My DH, DS and I did it in Nov. 2011 and my DS really loved it. On this trip is will be me, DH, DS(9), DD(1), my sister, her two daughters (13 and 11) and my mom.

On Tuesday, Nov. 26 we are doing a NON-PARK DAY so we can enjoy Fort Wilderness where we are camping. We have breakfast booked at 1900 Park Fare at 9:35. Then we may go to DTD or head back to the Fort to swim or just relax. Then I have dinner booked at Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15.

Since dinner is so close to the boats at the Fort which go straight to the Contemporary Resort I think we could make it by 8:45. It says on the website to arrive 1 hour and 15 min prior to the Fireworks at MK. Wishes is at 10:00 so I would think we would be back at the Fort sometime around 11:30 or maybe a little after.

On Wednesday, Nov. 27 we have a 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace followed by my DS Pirate Make Over and my nieces BBB appointment. Even if we skip breakfast to let the kids sleep in a little longer we would still have to be at MK by 9:00 for the make over. Unless I try to move the make overs later in the day.

What would you do? I don't want everyone to be tired which just leads to melt downs and unhappy people. I just really would like to do this with the whole family.

Thanks!!

looks like you are spending a while at WDW so I would probably plan it another night? Sounds like too much/late at night with little kids

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. We are planning our very first Disney family vacation(actually, our very first vacation ever!)11/16-11/23. Our family includes myself, dh and dd(12) and ds(7). Our kiddos are so excited! My hubby hasn't been to DW in 40+ years and it's been 30+ years for me. Looking forward to learning some tips and tricks here to make this trip magical and memorable for our family :tinker:

Welcome and congrats on the upcoming trip; I'm sure you will all have a great time. Stick around here on the DIS and I am certain you will learn so much before that big trip. This site over the past 5 years has taught me beyond anything I can imagine and has made every one of my past trips to WDW even more magical. :thumbsup2

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. We are planning our very first Disney family vacation(actually, our very first vacation ever!)11/16-11/23. Our family includes myself, dh and dd(12) and ds(7). Our kiddos are so excited! My hubby hasn't been to DW in 40+ years and it's been 30+ years for me. Looking forward to learning some tips and tricks here to make this trip magical and memorable for our family :tinker:

Happy happy planning!!! We're going the same time!! Are u staying on site?

looks like you are spending a while at WDW so I would probably plan it another night? Sounds like too much/late at night with little kids

That's what I was thinking. We are there for 15 nights but my sister, mom and niece's are only there for 7 nights and I wanted to do it with them. Here is what I have for the nights they are with us. What could I do?

Nov. 23 - Arrival (we are driving from GA and pulling campers so I don't want to plan anything for this day.)

Nov. 24 - Hollywood Studios
B - Hollywood and Vine 9:25 am
L - Mama Melrose's 2:50 (Fantasmic package) Fantasmic is my Mom's Fav and we haven't been able to do it the last few trips.)
D - 50's Prime Time 7:50 pm (another Mom Fav)

Nov. 25 - Animal Kingdom
B - Tusker House 9:10
L -
D - The Garden Grill 6:35 pm (Kids saw it on the last trip but we couldn't get in so they are really wanting to eat here.)

Nov. 26 - Fort Wilderness Day (no park) This was a request by all. They wanted a day to swim, go to DTD or just stroll around the Fort. We have never had a non-park day during our trips and everyone wanted one this trip.
B - 1900 Park Fare 9:35
L -
D - Hoop Dee Do Musical Revue 6:15 pm (Family Fav)

Nov. 27 - Magic Kingdom
B - The Crystal Palace 8:05
L - Cinderella's Royal Table 12:20 pm
D - Be Out Guest 8:55pm (only time open while my sister is there)
This is the day for BBB and Pirate League too.

Nov. 28 - Magic Kindgom
B - Ohana 9:15
L -
D - Liberty Tree Tavern 6:55 (Everyone wanted a Thanksgiving Meal on Thanksgiving Day so this is where I was able to get a reservation.)

Nov. 29 - Epcot
B - Cape May Cafe 8:00 am
L -
D - Coral Reef 6:25 (This may change depending on the Candlelight package)
My oldest Niece and my sister are doing the Dolphin's in Depth this day. My Mom really wants to see the Candlelight and I would love to do this as a family with her.

Nov. 30 - Fort Wilderness Day
My family has to leave on this day to come home. They may get to come back on Wednesday but we will not know that until August. We plan to eat Breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 9:30 then help my Mom get unhooked and loaded up. Once my family leaves are going to take my DS to do the Archery and then have dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

If you see a suggestion on how to fit in Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise without killing the kids please let me know. We can work it in to the next week of our stay after my family goes home but like I said I really want to do it with them.

PS - What do you think of our plans? Does this sound like lots of fun. My sister hasn't been with us on the last three trips to Disney so I'm really excited that she is going with us. If I could talk my Dad into going it would be the perfect family vacation. :cool1:

That's what I was thinking. We are there for 15 nights but my sister, mom and niece's are only there for 7 nights and I wanted to do it with them. Here is what I have for the nights they are with us. What could I do?

Nov. 23 - Arrival (we are driving from GA and pulling campers so I don't want to plan anything for this day.)

Nov. 24 - Hollywood Studios
B - Hollywood and Vine 9:25 am
L - Mama Melrose's 2:50 (Fantasmic package) Fantasmic is my Mom's Fav and we haven't been able to do it the last few trips.)
D - 50's Prime Time 7:50 pm (another Mom Fav)

Nov. 25 - Animal Kingdom
B - Tusker House 9:10
L -
D - The Garden Grill 6:35 pm (Kids saw it on the last trip but we couldn't get in so they are really wanting to eat here.)

Nov. 26 - Fort Wilderness Day (no park) This was a request by all. They wanted a day to swim, go to DTD or just stroll around the Fort. We have never had a non-park day during our trips and everyone wanted one this trip.
B - 1900 Park Fare 9:35
L -
D - Hoop Dee Do Musical Revue 6:15 pm (Family Fav)

Nov. 27 - Magic Kingdom
B - The Crystal Palace 8:05
L - Cinderella's Royal Table 12:20 pm
D - Be Out Guest 8:55pm (only time open while my sister is there)
This is the day for BBB and Pirate League too.

Nov. 28 - Magic Kindgom
B - Ohana 9:15
L -
D - Liberty Tree Tavern 6:55 (Everyone wanted a Thanksgiving Meal on Thanksgiving Day so this is where I was able to get a reservation.)

Nov. 29 - Epcot
B - Cape May Cafe 8:00 am
L -
D - Coral Reef 6:25 (This may change depending on the Candlelight package)
My oldest Niece and my sister are doing the Dolphin's in Depth this day. My Mom really wants to see the Candlelight and I would love to do this as a family with her.

Nov. 30 - Fort Wilderness Day
My family has to leave on this day to come home. They may get to come back on Wednesday but we will not know that until August. We plan to eat Breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 9:30 then help my Mom get unhooked and loaded up. Once my family leaves are going to take my DS to do the Archery and then have dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

If you see a suggestion on how to fit in Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise without killing the kids please let me know. We can work it in to the next week of our stay after my family goes home but like I said I really want to do it with them.

PS - What do you think of our plans? Does this sound like lots of fun. My sister hasn't been with us on the last three trips to Disney so I'm really excited that she is going with us. If I could talk my Dad into going it would be the perfect family vacation. :cool1:

I personally would try and move Garden Grill and do it that night. AK closes early so you won't be missing any park time. I think GG would be an easy reservation to move around and find a good time on another day to eat there vs some of the other ADRs

we're going down on the 23rd too thru the 30th or 1st not sure which yet we all go back to school that Monday..where in Ga are you?

DS, DDiL, DGD (18), DGS (15) will be with me @ SSR (on waiting list for BCV) 11/6 - 11/11 to celebrate my 70th on 8th at Raglan Road!! Oh, dear, where did the years go. DS and my 1st visit to Disney 1973, to many trips since to count......

MMS1125 said:
I personally would try and move Garden Grill and do it that night. AK closes early so you won't be missing any park time. I think GG would be an easy reservation to move around and find a good time on another day to eat there vs some of the other ADRs

we're going down on the 23rd too thru the 30th or 1st not sure which yet we all go back to school that Monday..where in Ga are you?

We are in Dahlonega. It's about 50 miles north of Atlanta. I may see if the family could skip Garden Grill. That might be the best solution for us if I can talk them into it.

We will be in Orlando approximately November 8th until November 11th. We are running the wine and dine half marathon- haven't decided on resort yet- will look at ap and public rates when released- can't wait to go back!

Greetings

cavecats from the Ottawa area of Canada signing onto this thread.

My Mom (Barbara) and I (Cathy) have booked a week in WDW and then as icing on the cake we're taking a 4 day Disney Dream cruise.

We are staying at Pop Culture, and our theme for this vacation is "Eating our way around the World". We decided to opt for the Dining plan of 3 sitdowns and 2 snacks and I am planning our days around food, for example

• Mickey's BBQ at the Wildness on the Thursday Nov. 7
  • Dinner at the California Grill on top of the Comtempory Resort during the MK fireworks
  • Brown Derby to get the reserved tickets to Fantasmic!

Another thing I have reserved is a Pontoon boat for the evening of Nov. 4 to watch the Illumination Fireworks on the water. All I need to do now is find 8 other people to share in the cost which would be approx $40pp . If anyone is interested, either pm me or email me at cavecats at gmail dot com.

There is a thread just for the illuminiation boat cruise share.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2069267

Now that I`ve found this thread, I guess I`ll have to find the time to read through it.

Cheers everyone.

Question for the pp's that spoke about a split vacation and free dining- something was said that someone can have fd for the whole vacation if its offered on a date they were there.

How does that work?

Question for the pp's that spoke about a split vacation and free dining- something was said that someone can have fd for the whole vacation if its offered on a date they were there.

How does that work?

Nope it doesn't work that way. Unfortunately your check in date has to fall in the FD period. For example in Oct 2012 FD starting on Oct 19th & we checked in on the 14th they wouldn't allow us to have FD because we checked in before the 19th. Had we done a split stay then we could've but it wasn't worth it as we checked out on the 20th. It would be great if you could though.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank u so much for clearing this up. I just couldn't figure it out when I was reading the previous posts. So it's only if ur vacation starts with free dining and goes into a date that isn't offered! It has nothing to do with having a split stay.

Thank u so much for clearing this up. I just couldn't figure it out when I was reading the previous posts. So it's only if ur vacation starts with free dining and goes into a date that isn't offered! It has nothing to do with having a split stay.

That's right & no problem. I was confused about it all at first before to. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Free dining could be related to a split stay, if you choose to set it up that way.

Here's a hypothetical: If you check in 2 days before FD for a 10-night stay, you could make one reservation for 2 nights only. Then you could make a 2nd reservation for the remaining 8 nights, thus creating a split stay. You wouldn't get FD for your 1st 2 days, but you would for your last 8.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter