"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard the rumor that they are going to be closing headliner main attractions during the Christmas party this year? I certainly hope not!! And if anyone has heard, where did you get your info?

7DMT & BTMR were not listed for MNSSHP and WDWNEWS reported wouldn't be open (this is only site that reported this as attractions officially being closed during party). Disney website has since been updated to include those rides, stating error for those that had called & emailed with complaints. Others say maybe they were going to actually be closed. Who really knows. IMO that would've been hard to sell tickets with those rides closed, that's a draw for many, short wait times on rides.

I didn't immediately buy MVMCP tickets after that. Then dates were showing wrong in MDE, so still waiting to purchase, hoping more MVMCP details will be released.

I'm torn, I don't know what to do! I have a BOG dinner reservation at 7:25pm during X-mas party. Never eaten dinner at BOG, but afraid I'm going to miss too much X-mas party. Any suggestions??

I'm torn, I don't know what to do! I have a BOG dinner reservation at 7:25pm during X-mas party. Never eaten dinner at BOG, but afraid I'm going to miss too much X-mas party. Any suggestions??

Hold onto it for now, but use the touringplans reservation finder to keep checking for a BOG dinner ADR on another night of your trip. You'll probably find something. Also, follow the Nov 2017 / Dec 2017 (whichever month you're going) cancelled ADR threads.

This is unless you have been to MVMCP before -- in which case maybe you won't mind missing out on much.

What's your priority? Do really want to eat at BOG? If so do it, if it's just a kinda want skip it. It was a dream for me so I went ahead & did it on a party night. However we just did drinks & dessert. All the atmosphere, 20% of the time. No regrets! (The service sucked as soon as he found out we were just doing drinks & dessert - but a few sips in to my champagne I stopped caring much. FWIW we planned on leaving a very generous tip for our server & I encourage you to consider doing that as well as tabs are usually much higher. Obviously we didn't end up leaving the extra tip but we budgeted for it -I'm an obsessive budgeter :) )

I saw on the page that announced this news(mind blank on the name at the moment, lol), the other day that rides were only open til 6 p.m. and not open 6-7 because the park was closing at 6 pm to clear non party guests. So what does this mean for guests who are there with party tickets? I thought They said only food and shopping will be open, so does this mean even guests with the party tickets will not be able to ride the rides from 6-7? That we'll only be able to eat and shop? Sounds like they are trying to really push party guests into spending money. Most people with party tickets probably won't want to just hang out waiting so I could see food places being very crowded. And a lot of people just milling about. Maybe I read that wrong or misunderstood, but if true I think that stinks! I see getting people out who don't have tickets but those staying with valid party tickets should be able to ride. Their magic bands would have the party ticket on them when scanned upon entering the ride. They could only let those in with the ticket for that night's party. Again, I could be totally wrong in what I gathered but if true, I'm definitely not happy if this is true. I realize the party is from 7-12, but for many years, as long as I've gone to the parties they let guests in early at 4 pm, so definitely something we are used to by now.

I saw on the page that announced this news(mind blank on the name at the moment, lol), the other day that rides were only open til 6 p.m. and not open 6-7 because the park was closing at 6 pm to clear non party guests. So what does this mean for guests who are there with party tickets? I thought They said only food and shopping will be open, so does this mean even guests with the party tickets will not be able to ride the rides from 6-7? That we'll only be able to eat and shop? Sounds like they are trying to really push party guests into spending money. Most people with party tickets probably won't want to just hang out waiting so I could see food places being very crowded. And a lot of people just milling about. Maybe I read that wrong or misunderstood, but if true I think that stinks! I see getting people out who don't have tickets but those staying with valid party tickets should be able to ride. Their magic bands would have the party ticket on them when scanned upon entering the ride. They could only let those in with the ticket for that night's party. Again, I could be totally wrong in what I gathered but if true, I'm definitely not happy if this is true. I realize the party is from 7-12, but for many years, as long as I've gone to the parties they let guests in early at 4 pm, so definitely something we are used to by now.

People with party tickets will still be able to ride at 6. Day guests without a mvmcp ticket will not.

People with party tickets will still be able to ride at 6. Day guests without a mvmcp ticket will not.

Oh, that's great! Guess I read that or remembered wrong, lol. That's really good to know. It just didn't make sense if they were going to not even let party guests ride, so, glad that's not the case! Thanks for answering! Can I ask how you know? Don't need a link, just curious, lol. Oh, how about FP+ during that 4-7 time for party guests, do you know anything about whether that will be allowed? Not such a big deal but will be good to know! Thx again!

After reading the Touring Plans blog about least crowded parties I took a chance and called Disney and was able to exchange my party tickets from the 17th to the 14th! So now we're attending the 3 of the 10 (predicted) least crowded parties of the year. Our plan is to meet Sandy Claus at one party and the 7 Dwarfs on a second party. We always skip these two set of characters because lines are so long.

Sandy Claus line question -

We somewhat like NBC - not huge fans. If the line wasn't onerous we'd do a photo. Is it possible to line up at 11 or 11:30 for that picture?

So my best friend and I are planning a disney vacation in December and bought party tickets for the 14th of December, kind of on a whim. I admittedly don't know too much about this MVMCP except what I've read on a couple websites. Anyway, my question is, will all rides be open during 7pm-midnight? Thanks!

So my best friend and I are planning a disney vacation in December and bought party tickets for the 14th of December, kind of on a whim. I admittedly don't know too much about this MVMCP except what I've read on a couple websites. Anyway, my question is, will all rides be open during 7pm-midnight? Thanks!

See Post #1 for 2016 List of Attractions. Post will be updated with 2017 attractions when they are released. For the Christmas holidays, the Jungle Cruise becomes the Jingle Cruise.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...t-the-magic-kingdom-for-the-christmas-season/

I have a few questions.
1) what's different between jungle cruise vs jingle cruise?
2) I have BOG 4:40 ADR, will this waste too much party time?
3) I have a picture with the 7dwarves from Halloween, who is harder for Xmas or worth the wait line, Jack Skellington or Scrooge? Could i get both?

I have a few questions.
1) what's different between jungle cruise vs jingle cruise?
2) I have BOG 4:40 ADR, will this waste too much party time?
3) I have a picture with the 7dwarves from Halloween, who is harder for Xmas or worth the wait line, Jack Skellington or Scrooge? Could i get both?
1. the boats have holiday names, there are a few Christmas lights and holiday dry humor.
2. party does not start until 7pm so you are fine with your ADR
3. line for Scrooge was maybe 30 minutes, Jack Skellington is much longer. I you go during parade or fireworks not as much of a line.

So will there be a Holiday Dessert Party at the Plaza Garden? If so, I don't think it's been announced, but that's the only dessert party that would interest me. We've done a Tomorrowland Terrace one before, and the view was not the best.

I've tried to see if there was a Garden dessert party last year, but I've come up empty. I don't see it on the site to reserve, but I guess I'm holding out hope that they announce and release at a later date?

So will there be a Holiday Dessert Party at the Plaza Garden? If so, I don't think it's been announced, but that's the only dessert party that would interest me. We've done a Tomorrowland Terrace one before, and the view was not the best.

I've tried to see if there was a Garden dessert party last year, but I've come up empty. I don't see it on the site to reserve, but I guess I'm holding out hope that they announce and release at a later date?
I'd keep an eye out. Under table service options for the party is a dessert party with a different name than the one currently announced & the description just says more info coming soon.

See Post #1 - Is there a Dessert Party. 2017, Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party. Info included in post. Done dates are already sold out. If you type in above name on Disney website, you can book. Not sure if Included link in post. Reservations opened about 2 weeks ago. PP have suggested maybe another special event will open during party, PP not blogs.

Sorry for not providing more details, softball. But all details in Post 1.

Assuming that they do not allow FP+ reservations from 4PM-7PM as rumored...what are standby wait times like during those hours? We will be attending on Sunday December 3rd.

Assuming that they do not allow FP+ reservations from 4PM-7PM as rumored...what are standby wait times like during those hours? We will be attending on Sunday December 3rd.

I'm interested in this too! I know it'll be a lot better than during the day but just *how* much better? We will be attending the Dec 14th party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter