Official March 2022 thread!

I am not happy with what I am seeing, but what can I do? Looks like we will be investing in some Disney ponchos.
It just looks like Tues/Weds chance of rain? I’ll take it over the current week which has had storms every day. Wish it were going to be a little warmer on Monday for the pool but oh well!

It just looks like Tues/Weds chance of rain? I’ll take it over the current week which has had storms every day. Wish it were going to be a little warmer on Monday for the pool but oh well!
That’s half of my trip. We are only doing 1day per park. I’m hoping the rain won’t be too bad.

Man, the weather forecast next week is making it challenging to know what to pack- a little bit of everything!
Right?? I was hoping to only take a carry on but now I need so many different options that a full suitcase is the only way to go.
I am not happy with what I am seeing, but what can I do? Looks like we will be investing in some Disney ponchos.
Not thrilled either. :( I use the dollar store ponchos (bought them in 2015 and they have been fab), I just throw one in my park bag along with a packable rainjacket from Frogg Toggs and a mini sunbrella. Then I am set for anything! :)

As long as you are wearing sandals/shoes that can get wet/you don't mind getting wet - you can wear those when you think the chances of rain are high. Better yet, I have done it a few time, wear your sneakers out (I do now most of the time especially for the parks) and throw a pair of flip flops (thin/light) just in case you get caught in rain that might lasts more than the time you are willing to wait it out in a shop, etc. Wearing flip flops all day in the parks is not good anyway. I learned my lesson years ago when I did it for one of my trips.

I always have my umbrella and ponchos but sometimes we are just caught in it. We forget or don't think we need it.

Good luck and have a great time!!!

Thank you!
Yes, flip flops are not good for all day. We always pack ponchos but I always have a light windbreaker and an umbrella that we use for rain or the sun, I hate fighting with a poncho! lol.. We are driving from Dallas, and now is supposed to freeze here after midnight and tomorrow in am!
We were planning on leaving very early, now we have to watch the weather here also. I know that we should not be complaining because after all, we are going to Disney ! but I hate driving in storms. We had planned on going to Epcot on Sat , maybe after 2 PM, but if the weather is really bad when we get there, hopefully we can switch our reservations to Sunday and just relax in our resort.

We are packed and ready to go tomorrow! Spending 2 days at the dark side before heading to WDW Monday… we wanted to wait until the absolute PEAK of spring break before heading that way lol!

We are packed and ready to go tomorrow! Spending 2 days at the dark side before heading to WDW Monday… we wanted to wait until the absolute PEAK of spring break before heading that way lol!
We’re doing the same split, just 2 days behind you! Please let me know how it goes!

Pandora at night is so awesome!! I'm glad I finally got to see it.

I also made a last minute decision to high tail it from AK to Epcot at like 7:30 and I made it in perfect time to see the Spaceship earth show (amazing) and Harmonious (also amazing) since I missed both Monday night during Floodmageddon. Also made it to Trattoria Al Forno in time for our 9:30 ADR!!

But oh my goodness my husband and I are really struggling this trip with like... Foot/ankle/calf pain and we're only like halfway done :x yikes

I make it a point to take some Ibuprofen at least every other day when we are there because we will be sore. I learned the hard day, that if we don't start getting prepared for all the walking that we do at Disney. We try to start walking on the treadmill like 2 months before, just so we don't have to take a break every hour! LOL

Also, we don't rush anymore, if our kids ( your adults ) want to do more, they go ahead and do it. We are on vacation! So no rushing for us. If we want to just stop, get a snack, cold beer or another drink, and just relax, we do it.

Also , getting in the hot tub, after all that walking helps.

17 days to go… I live just south of Buffalo and we’re supposed to get 6-8” of snow tonight, which makes me even more excited for eighties and sunny in a couple of weeks! Hopefully the heavy rain will have cleared out by the time we get there because we are ready for pool time and cocktails!

Wonder what the chances are that they extend the hours for the last week of March? It is the only week so far untouched.

Wonder what the chances are that they extend the hours for the last week of March? It is the only week so far untouched.
I would say the odds are pretty good. Though AK will likely not be extended on the evening of March 31, due to the runDisney event that will presumably take place there (it’s the Expedition Everest 5K, it would be weird if it was at Epcot like all the other rD 5Ks)

I thought they would update the hours this morning since it seems like they have been doing it on Friday, but still nothing. I keep checking and hoping they are increased especially since park days are becoming unavailable.

They did the last one for 2-3 weeks in the future so there is a chance they wait until next week then extend the last week in March along with the 1st week in April

I thought they would update the hours this morning since it seems like they have been doing it on Friday, but still nothing. I keep checking and hoping they are increased especially since park days are becoming unavailable.
I think in general its been more like midday, late morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter