***Official March 2021 Thread***

When is your trip? I ask because I would not personally get the vaccine right before a trip. If you are getting the dose a week or so out, I would consider it. But if your trip is in a few days, I wouldn’t risk it.
And I only say this because of the side effects the vaccine can cause, including high fevers, body aches, etc. it would be awful to be turned away from a park because of a fever caused by the vaccine.

That’s not always the case.

No but it's typically been the case for those who haven't had covid for Moderna/Pfizer to not really have a reaction to the first dose other than mild soreness and then experience your body's response following the second dose that last <48 hours.

For those who have had Covid either knowingly or unknowingly getting the vaccine within 90 days of having it the first dose tends to have an effect if your body developed antibodies to it. Even then in my observation of family members who had that experience symptoms lasted <48 hours. Second dose did the same thing for them.

I've had family members on both sides of that coin and their experiences were pretty similar.

J&J is different in that the reactions will happen after the first dose but i don't know anybody who has gotten that yet.

Obviously it's all anecdotal experiences but typically for people the first dose (who haven't had covid within 90 days) aren't experiencing a lot of the effects, and the second dose it lasts a day or 2. Again typically.

Thanks! When I say late--our plane leaves at 9:55pm and we get in at 11:44pm. So I'm hoping we can get dinner at the airport before we take off and then be done for the day. I'm a little worried about the wake up the next morning--we probably won't get to our room until after 1am and then want to be up to RD MK.

Speaking of such--anyone have experience with super late arrivals? I have two questions--

1) What will ME be like at the time? Can we expect to wait for awhile for a bus/have stops, or because it's late it'll be quicker? What time should we expect to arrive at CBR?

2) Should I call CBR directly and let them how late we'll be so they don't do anything with our room?

Thanks!
We stayed at CBR last trip in October 2019. Our plane landed at almost midnight. We had to go get our luggage and bring it with us. It does take some time to walk over to the baggage area. Once we got over to the ME section, we didn’t wait too long to get on ME. It may have taken 15 minutes or so by the time we actually got on the bus. I think we were the 2nd stop off the bus. I have pictures of us on the bus at 12:45 AM and walking to our room at 1:43 AM. So we were in our beds around 2 in the morning. We had a late ADR at GF, so we slept in!

As far as CBR, we were the only people in the lobby. So check-in was a breeze. I usually do online check-in, but I don’t remember why I didn’t that particular time. And I did not call ahead.

Last edited:
When is your trip? I ask because I would not personally get the vaccine right before a trip. If you are getting the dose a week or so out, I would consider it. But if your trip is in a few days, I wouldn’t risk it.

Wow! Where do you live? It’s amazing to me how far ahead some states are.

We leave Saturday but we're headed to the beach for a couple of quiet days first. Fingers crossed that any reactions to this first one are mild!

We're in Virginia and I am honestly shocked. We weren't expecting to hear anything for a couple of months. I registered with the state health department when they had an open enrollment a few weeks ago and apparently the state is starting to get enough supply that they are working through the list. I feel very lucky.

No but it's typically been the case for those who haven't had covid for Moderna/Pfizer to not really have a reaction to the first dose other than mild soreness and then experience your body's response following the second dose that last <48 hours.

For those who have had Covid either knowingly or unknowingly getting the vaccine within 90 days of having it the first dose tends to have an effect if your body developed antibodies to it. Even then in my observation of family members who had that experience symptoms lasted <48 hours. Second dose did the same thing for them.

I've had family members on both sides of that coin and their experiences were pretty similar.

J&J is different in that the reactions will happen after the first dose but i don't know anybody who has gotten that yet.

Obviously it's all anecdotal experiences but typically for people the first dose (who haven't had covid within 90 days) aren't experiencing a lot of the effects, and the second dose it lasts a day or 2. Again typically.
Yes, we're very much hoping that we experience just the typical arm soreness for this first dose. We will plan for the 2nd dose to be at a time when we won't have to be worried about what we're doing for a few days.

We leave Saturday but we're headed to the beach for a couple of quiet days first. Fingers crossed that any reactions to this first one are mild!

We're in Virginia and I am honestly shocked. We weren't expecting to hear anything for a couple of months. I registered with the state health department when they had an open enrollment a few weeks ago and apparently the state is starting to get enough supply that they are working through the list. I feel very lucky.
That’s amazing and so exciting for your family! We live in FL and we are still at vaccinating only 65 plus and now some populations with medical conditions. As a middle aged (thankfully) relatively healthy adult living in a retirement state I am more than willing to wait my turn but I think it will be quite sometime before I’m up. I feel like I keep dodging Covid in the meantime living in the mask adverse Panhandle 😂. I’m sure it must be a relief for you guys! My husband did get the vaccine because of his job and he felt very tired the day after his first vaccination (lasted a day or so) but it was the second one that was the worst like most people.

That’s amazing and so exciting for your family! We live in FL and we are still at vaccinating only 65 plus and now some populations with medical conditions. As a middle aged (thankfully) relatively healthy adult living in a retirement state I am more than willing to wait my turn but I think it will be quite sometime before I’m up. I feel like I keep dodging Covid in the meantime living in the mask adverse Panhandle 😂. I’m sure it must be a relief for you guys! My husband did get the vaccine because of his job and he felt very tired the day after his first vaccination (lasted a day or so) but it was the second one that was the worst like most people.

It's weird because we went from nooooo movement on vaccines to all of a sudden a bunch of people today got alerted about appointments. We also assumed my husband would get one first because of his job but emails came for all three of us. I jumped on that immediately in case it was a mistake! lol These are being done through our local hospital and it almost seems like they get random distributions at times. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

We stayed at CBR last trip in October 2019. Our plane landed at almost midnight. We had to go get our luggage and bring it with us. It does take some time to walk over to the baggage area. Once we got over to the ME section, we didn’t wait too long to get on ME. It may have taken 15 minutes or so by the time we actually got on the bus. I think we were the 2nd stop off the bus. I have pictures of us on the bus at 12:45 AM and walking to our room at 1:43 AM. So we were in our beds around 2 in the morning. We had a late ADR at GF, so we slept in!

As far as CBR, we were the only people in the lobby. So check-in was a breeze. I usually do online check-in, but I don’t remember why I didn’t that particular time. And I did not call ahead.
Thank you for posting this! We don’t have any checked luggage so that will help a tiny bit with timing, but I’ll use your 1:45am time as my expectation and be happy if we get there early. I can’t believe we are going to try and RD and then go until 10pm, but we’ll give it a go!

Meh, first dose has minimal reaction and for either dose it’s <48 hours of symptoms. I’d get it as soon as they will let you 😂
I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine Friday. I am 37 and had COVID (unconfirmed, but my husband had a positive test/was sick and I got sick a couple days later while quarantining). I got pretty sick about 24 hours later—I couldn’t move my arm, I came down with a fever, and my whole body hurt so badly I couldn’t have anything touch it despite being freezing cold. It felt like the flu. That said, I recovered very quickly without even the lingering exhaustion being actually sick will bring you. I could not have gone to Disney World that day (24 hours), but I could have powered through the subsequent day (48 hours).

My husband, 38, had his first dose of Moderna yesterday and is totally fine right now. I made him change his appointment from the day before our trip until yesterday as a precaution but so far that wasn’t needed.

OMG! I know we won't be anywhere near full immunity but we got an email from the health department and myself, DH and our 16 year old are getting our first covid vaccines TOMORROW!!! I'm beside myself excited!!

That is great news!!!! I received my second dose the first of February and I’m so grateful to have the extra protection going in to the trip. My husband just qualified yesterday when our state extended the eligibility of 1B. We are hoping he can get his first dose before we leave on 3/18. Fingers crossed!!!!!

No vaccine for us any time soon. I darkly joked to my husband they seem to be prioritizing the vaccine by who needs it least. My husband’s grandmother recently died from Covid before they could get any doses to her nursing home. My over-65 aunt with numerous high-risk medical conditions who hasn’t left her house in a year can’t get it. But plenty of healthy young people in our well-to-do subdivision and several of my healthy young coworkers have gotten vaccinated by faking medical conditions, “volunteering” to work for their doctor friends, or similar subterfuge. Sometimes I think humanity deserves this plague.

Wish we lived in a state that was less dysfunctional! Definitely hard knowing how some states are so on top of this when ours is such a dumpster fire.

No vaccine for us any time soon. I darkly joked to my husband they seem to be prioritizing the vaccine by who needs it least. My husband’s grandmother recently died from Covid before they could get any doses to her nursing home. My over-65 aunt with numerous high-risk medical conditions who hasn’t left her house in a year can’t get it. But plenty of healthy young people in our well-to-do subdivision and several of my healthy young coworkers have gotten vaccinated by faking medical conditions, “volunteering” to work for their doctor friends, or similar subterfuge. Sometimes I think humanity deserves this plague.

Wish we lived in a state that was less dysfunctional! Definitely hard knowing how some states are so on top of this when ours is such a dumpster fire.
im so sorry 😞

Here now. Arrived 3/6. The vibe just seems off. A bunch of little issues have come up. Nothing to serious at the time but together are giving me not so magical feelings. I didn't feel this way in January.

MK and Epcot reservations now available after 7pm the week of 3/21-3/27 for anyone looking.

Looks like added later ADR times for next week. Breakfasts at Topolino’s and Chef Mickey at 12:15pm and Sanaa after 9pm close are some that I noticed. Nice they are looking to find ways to feed these crowds!

Here now. Arrived 3/6. The vibe just seems off. A bunch of little issues have come up. Nothing to serious at the time but together are giving me not so magical feelings. I didn't feel this way in January.
Wow—what do you think the differences are versus January?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter