***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

I keep a bin of Disney stuff so it's easy to grab for packing (extra power strip, nightlight, etc). I have a work trip right before our WDW trip (I think I have about 12 hours at home before we will leave for airport), so we are going to need to have our ducks in a row. Luckily, coming from MN, we are not wearing the same set of clothing for the most part, so I think we will be OK. I mean, either way, we'll go to WDW!

The weather is so crazy this time of year I know I won't be able to pack until the last minute.
How is the weather typically in early March? (3/9-3/13) This will be the earliest I will be going...typically go first week of April or later. Still warm enough to swim/hang by pool?

How is the weather typically in early March? (3/9-3/13) This will be the earliest I will be going...typically go first week of April or later. Still warm enough to swim/hang by pool?

It just depends. You honestly won't know until right before. I looked at last year and they had a cold front that came through the first week of March.

It just depends. You honestly won't know until right before. I looked at last year and they had a cold front that came through the first week of March.
To add I went first week of March 2017 and it was so hot the flowers in Epcot were being watered constantly since they were just planted for Flower & Garden and it was "unseasonably warm"

To add I went first week of March 2017 and it was so hot the flowers in Epcot were being watered constantly since they were just planted for Flower & Garden and it was "unseasonably warm"
Thanks! I figured it varies greatly! Hoping for no cold front as we are coming from cold NJ!

Most pools are heated so water warmth should not be a problem. If a cold front does come thru it will only be cold for a day or two at most.

The average daytime temperatures in March reach a blissful 78°F, whereas the average minimum temperatures drop down to 54°F.

Bring lots of layers for March! Be sure to check the Orlando weather before packing. March is really a hit or miss with the weather. We have been many times in March and typically we have to start and end the day in sweatshirts & jackets. We take them off mid-day and put them in backpacks or rent a locker.

Well, after three calls to three different Disney departments (resorts, dining and IT) and way too much of my time, I think I've cleared up the final details for our trip. Sheesh. I had MAJOR issues with MDE - they had to rebuild my account so things are all hosed up... but I think I've got everything squared away for now.

49 days!

I am really looking forward to the DAH since the crowd level for MK is really high for 3/7!
Are you doing the DAH at MK?

I'm super excited too! It'll be great to enjoy a nearly empty park after a busy day. I'm doing all 3 DAH events during my trip :)

Just wanted to warn everyone that the Hollywood Studios Early Morning Magic date that I was planning on (3/4), sold out so I had to rearrange everything to do it on the Wednesday instead. Don't wait to book like I did!

OMG! I bought my tickets at 60 days when I could not get a FP+ for SDD! I'm so glad I did, I'd have a devasted little one on my hands who watches SDD POV videos on repeat.

We are surprising out kiddos with the trip - will let them know when we pick them up from school on travel day. Any great ideas for breaking the news on the road? The waiting part between now and then is the hardest! And I can't pack ahead without ruining the surprise...

Last edited:
we are surprising our kids too! My daughter turns 13 on the 8th-we are waking them up early early on the 9th to catch flights from the west coast at 5:30 am. Not sure how we’ll break the news. Two days at Hard Rock at Universal-my son is 9 and a Harry Potter fanatic and we’ve never been. Then five days at the Boardwalk Villas on our DVC points March 11-16. Have EMM at HS booked-haven’t been to WDW since 2010.

This is my 3rd spring break trip. For those asking about weather and packing, besides layers, remember to bring a light jacket to the parks. Both previous trips, it was in the 60’sand comfortable during the day,but the temperature dropped off sharply when the sun went down. You’ll want jackets at the end of the day.

I got our FP reservation done yesterday. I was pleasantly suprised how easy it was. Granted AK is on the middle of our trip to the FOP was at 60 +3 days, but I was able to get 2pm which works for me. That’s the latest FP I made, so I’m hoping to get a few more in the Afternoons. Can’t believe we re in the 60 day countdown finally!

We had mostly good luck with FP too-by we I mean “I” as DH was sleeping away as I got up at 3:45 am to make them. :crazy2:

The one I’m hoping to move is FOP which isn’t until 6:55 on our AK day.

Just have a few ADRs. None at Epcot cause hoping to do booths at Flower and Garden. Thoughts about that plan? We have BOG for breakfast-not sure we’ll keep that as it’s silly expensive. 50s for lunch. Jiko for dinner. Skipper Canteen. My family hates to be driven like cattle from reservation to FP-we are DL lovers and prefer the spontaneity of that park-so I need to not book too much.

We had mostly good luck with FP too-by we I mean “I” as DH was sleeping away as I got up at 3:45 am to make them. :crazy2:

Just have a few ADRs. None at Epcot cause hoping to do booths at Flower and Garden. Thoughts about that plan? We have BOG for breakfast-not sure we’ll keep that as it’s silly expensive. 50s for lunch. Jiko for dinner. Skipper Canteen. My family hates to be driven like cattle from reservation to FP-we are DL lovers and prefer the spontaneity of that park-so I need to not book too much.

I like having very few ADRs. We pick places we REALLY want to try or experience again and leave the rest in the air. There's always something available on the app if you really want to sit down and have a TS meal. Looks like you have good choices :)

I like having very few ADRs. We pick places we REALLY want to try or experience again and leave the rest in the air. There's always something available on the app if you really want to sit down and have a TS meal. Looks like you have good choices :)
I have a lot of ADRs... sometimes 2 a day ... but I figure we can always cancel as our trip goes on if we are not enjoying them. A couple are PPO breakfasts which I will cancel if the park hours move earlier.

M

We have silly expensive BOG for breakfast too... I figure we’ll maybe only share two breakfasts (for four people) plus coffees for adults and then pack up the pastries in a ziplock for snacks on that day. My husband and I are usually not very hungry in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter