***Official June 2018***

So today my son told me that in his 6th grade math class this week they were doing some fun projects. One of them was to pair up in teams of two and try to build a Disney vacation for two people for seven nights with a budget of $5,000. They used the Disney website to do all of it and priced out the whole trip. With airfare (Southwest for free bags), 7 day base tickets, food, and a stay at Port Orleans French Quarter they ended up with about $1000 left over. Not bad right? They even went to check the menus and see what an average food cost was at a few different quick service places. He said he had a way greater appreciation for all the hard work I do in saving up after seeing some of his classmates go all out and blow up their pre-set budget. I just thought that was pretty cool and some of y'all would appreciate it! Not a bad idea for the end of the year when you're just trying to get through the days.

I just added a night to the end of our stay! We are now the 4th-12th 5 nights at POP and 3 at the WL. It's our first stay at the WL so I am extra excited. I got a good deal with a BB offer for a standard view ($270) back in Feb. I called today to see if there was availability to add a night thinking surely there would be none this close to our arrival, but there was so YAY for one more night in Disney!

Nice! I updated your entry. I love the WL and hope I get to stay in a Copper Creek Villa next year!

So today my son told me that in his 6th grade math class this week they were doing some fun projects. One of them was to pair up in teams of two and try to build a Disney vacation for two people for seven nights with a budget of $5,000. They used the Disney website to do all of it and priced out the whole trip. With airfare (Southwest for free bags), 7 day base tickets, food, and a stay at Port Orleans French Quarter they ended up with about $1000 left over. Not bad right? They even went to check the menus and see what an average food cost was at a few different quick service places. He said he had a way greater appreciation for all the hard work I do in saving up after seeing some of his classmates go all out and blow up their pre-set budget. I just thought that was pretty cool and some of y'all would appreciate it! Not a bad idea for the end of the year when you're just trying to get through the days.

Something tells me that your DS's math teacher is a Disney fan!

Our Magic Bands for our 1 night at AKL arrived 2 days ago. So we have all of our travel docs now with the exception of our boarding passes, of course. After today, it'll be 15 days until we depart!

OK - what are a few "off the beaten path" things that you want to make sure you do this trip?? For our last trip in 2016, they were expanding some of the Star Wars parts in HS, and there was a big meet and greet area with Chewbacca and some of the other SW characters - AND they had those shorter characters from SW that would trade "stuff" with you - like we brought in a little wind up character and they loved it and traded us with some other stuff..

anyone know if those guys are still there? What other little things can we go and see??

OK - what are a few "off the beaten path" things that you want to make sure you do this trip?? For our last trip in 2016, they were expanding some of the Star Wars parts in HS, and there was a big meet and greet area with Chewbacca and some of the other SW characters - AND they had those shorter characters from SW that would trade "stuff" with you - like we brought in a little wind up character and they loved it and traded us with some other stuff..

anyone know if those guys are still there? What other little things can we go and see??
Because we are doing a mostly resort only trip we are doing Top of the World Lounge (DVC), Hoop Dee Doo, renting water craft, going to the outlet(s). Those are all new things for us.

I got them for the first time to use this trip and bought Ebags brand. I have only packed our toiletries with the Pack-it-Flat Toiletry Kit, but I am in love with it as it is so much smaller than the old bag I used to take.

Awesome!! I think I saw those online. I ended up getting all my DGD stuff clothes only in a duffel bag she can carry on and my BFF's bag is a carry on bag too. So I'll only have 2 checked bags instead of 4. I'm ok with that. We need bags we can put larger bottles of shampoo, etc. in anyway. Taking a couple bottles of rum for mojitos too.

Ahhh next week at this time we will be at Disney! 6 days til we leave! I put our skins on the magic bands so I hope they stick well during the 2 weeks. I am a little worried, I have worked with vinyl many times, but it seems iffy, we shall see! I have still neglected to see what clothing I have for the trip, so that is on my to do list today along with buying a few more shorts for my 13 yr old. Took her shopping and she got 4, I kept telling her she needed at least 7 but she did not listen. UGH lol children! We are in the final stretch of school, tomorrow is awards day for 13 yr old, cap and gown pick up and rehearsal for senior, then Thurs is her senior awards day and graduation is on Friday! Then our anniversary is Sunday and we leave Monday, oh yeah we have a ton of family in town this weekend and lots of packing to do.

I am watching the weather like a hawk lately, I don't mind some rain, we have ponchos and will keep going but I dread the drive on Monday with this tropical storm or whatever it is down in the Gulf right now! BOOOO! I know we will have a great time regardless but geez! Oh I still need to fax in my room request to POR I need to do that today!

How exciting! We're starting to do the single digit dance at 9 days today too!

That's so cool that ya'll are painting your magic bands! We've made t shirts before but that's about it!

I'm watching the weather too. So far for our days it's looking pretty good but I know that can change at any time.

I'm not sure if this is considered off the beaten path or not but we're planning on going over to CR resort and renting the Sea Raycers (or maybe one bigger boat) again. We did it last trip when we stayed at BLT and had a blast. Even though we're not at BLT this time I thought we could go one afternoon between park time.

Also, I've always wanted to go to MK early one morning and just explore Main Street USA. This year my DGD is old enough at 15 that I can send her and her BFF on their way to the rides and I can do it. I'd like to get a Starbucks and find a bench somewhere to just sit and soak it all in. Then explore the shops and stuff. I've been to the shops but have always had kids in tow and never able to just take my time and browse.

Gosh I hope my traveling companions don't think I'm a bossy witch but I started a group text to tell them stuff they need to know as I'm thinking about it. Like this morning I reminded them about the limit on liquids in their carry on bags and stuff and to put any small containers under 3.5 ounces in ziplock bags so they can just put it out for TSA during security checks. I tried to word it as to not sound preachy but I would rather tell them stuff this way before I forget and not have to deal with issues later.

Anyway, still getting stuff together here. Worked in the garden a little while it was still cool out, then laid out on the deck a while to get some sun. Tanned whales look better than white ones!lol

I think the Ewoks are gone for now. If you have a Disney Visa don't forget to get your complimentary photo with a star wars character at DHS-last time we were there in Jan it was Kylo Ren. And the one in Epcot.
I am not sure this off the beaten path-but Animal Kingdom is really underappreciated. Going out to Rafiki planet watch in am to see the vets work, or the Jungle or Gorilla trails-these places never seem busy as people are rush rush rush to do "moving" attractions. Now that the kids are older, DH and I like to hang out in a lounge and get an adult beverage while kids (re) ride a few things. We also like to move slower, appreciate details and see the shows. My kids and I also have a blast playing the big game after Mission Space or the games after Spaceship Earth. I also don't think people really go far into the pavillions in World Showcase-China goes back pretty far, and they have a model of Shanghai Disney in there. Same with Japan-the bonzai garden and the department store are always must do's for us. My daughter and I once waited out a pop up rain storm in the Morocco pavilion-that was also fun to explore. And of course People mover in MK :)

I think the Ewoks are gone for now. If you have a Disney Visa don't forget to get your complimentary photo with a star wars character at DHS-last time we were there in Jan it was Kylo Ren. And the one in Epcot.

EWOKS!! I totally blanked on their names!! I'm such a dork!!

I am not sure this off the beaten path-but Animal Kingdom is really underappreciated. Going out to Rafiki planet watch in am to see the vets work, or the Jungle or Gorilla trails-these places never seem busy as people are rush rush rush to do "moving" attractions. Now that the kids are older, DH and I like to hang out in a lounge and get an adult beverage while kids (re) ride a few things. We also like to move slower, appreciate details and see the shows. My kids and I also have a blast playing the big game after Mission Space or the games after Spaceship Earth. I also don't think people really go far into the pavillions in World Showcase-China goes back pretty far, and they have a model of Shanghai Disney in there. Same with Japan-the bonzai garden and the department store are always must do's for us. My daughter and I once waited out a pop up rain storm in the Morocco pavilion-that was also fun to explore. And of course People mover in MK :)

EWOKS!! I totally blanked on their names!! I'm such a dork!!

LOL actually, I hate to be "that person" but the traders are Jawa and Ewoks are the cute little guys (from Return of the Jedi) that people think ruined Star Wars, at least before Jar Jar came into the picture. Excuse me while I go clean my pocket protector and adjust my suspenders ;)

LOL actually, I hate to be "that person" but the traders are Jawa and Ewoks are the cute little guys (from Return of the Jedi) that people think ruined Star Wars, at least before Jar Jar came into the picture. Excuse me while I go clean my pocket protector and adjust my suspenders ;)
Hoping you're a Big Bang Theory watcher. :D

upload_2018-5-23_18-21-37.png

yeah, just proves that I'm so NOT the Star Wars know it all!!

the Jawas were super cute - oh well!! I guess I can just throw out the junk we were going to bring!!

yeah, just proves that I'm so NOT the Star Wars know it all!!

the Jawas were super cute - oh well!! I guess I can just throw out the junk we were going to bring!!

lol they were really fun! Sorry about the correction, while it drives me nuts when people get super correcty I didn't want someone hoping those little huggable ewoks were running around somewhere!

lol they were really fun! Sorry about the correction, while it drives me nuts when people get super correcty I didn't want someone hoping those little huggable ewoks were running around somewhere!

When I first started reading these last posts I was like "OMG- they added Ewoks!!!" I would be the dork running around DHS looking for them!

I had so much fun last year watching DS's friends experience the Jawas when we were on his band trip. I swear I thought one of the girls was going to try to bring one back on the bus with her she loved them so much! The trip before that DS had a cast from a fractured ankle so he had an ECV. It was cute having them interact with him and his scooter.

I have already looked as well. Hoping this tropical depression or whatever it is will has moved out by early June.

I saw on another weather thread about FB guy who had fabulous weather reports for that "area" and I started following him..."Mike's Weather page".....it's a little more "weatherly" than Im used to but I like looking at all the pretty pictures... :flower1::flower1:

and I figured I have 15 more days until we're there and the weather will change 12,000 between now and then!

I have already looked as well. Hoping this tropical depression or whatever it is will has moved out by early June.
The weather is supposed to be fairly normal after the beginning of next week. We leave next Thursday so I’m fine with that! I read this Friday- Tuesday will be really rainy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter