*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Looks like we have a bunch arriving this week...starting with melnbill, who should have arrived yesterday! 23 total, wow!

For everyone there or almost on their way, safe travels :drive: , have a magical vacation pixiedust:, and bring us back pictures :artist:!!!

19 days! Finally in the teens! Only 5 days until the big reveal to the boys at the birthday party on Saturday! That's my number one thing right now. Just ordered $30 worth of balloons yesterday for the reveal! Fingers crossed it goes well!

The waiting is driving my nuts! 3 Weeks from today, I will be in Epcot! I just started a PTR (link in my siggie, go check it out!), I really wanted to start a TR but its a little early for that...

Congrats and have a blast to everyone getting ready to be en route to their vacay!

Im thinking of starting a PTR but not sure. I will give it more thought today. I dont even know how to get pictures on here. Hahaha

THoughts?

I hope those that go in the first part of June come back to this thread and give a little summery of it went!

Hopefully today I can start working on my Magic Bands.

MOpGrad2013 said:
Thetorit--My good friend is at Ft. Riley. We went when DH was part of the MTT/BTT. Way too many round abouts. Planning a trip to Kansas in August, but don't believe the post is on the itinerary.

I don't think I'd ever seen a roundabout until we moved here, but they're absolutely everywhere! My kids love them, but they give me a headache.

I don't think I'd ever seen a roundabout until we moved here, but they're absolutely everywhere! My kids love them, but they give me a headache.

Roundabouts are second nature to us Brits, however, I'm glad I am highly unlikely to encounter one over there, bad enough being on the wrong side of the road for the first time, let alone negotiating a roundabout the wrong way too!

Roundabouts are second nature to us Brits, however, I'm glad I am highly unlikely to encounter one over there, bad enough being on the wrong side of the road for the first time, let alone negotiating a roundabout the wrong way too!

I can't help but think of the movie European Vacation where the family gets stuck in a roundabout for hours. Parliament! Big Ben! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
There is a small one in the next city over in place of a stop sign. Seems to work well.

I can't help but think of the movie European Vacation where the family gets stuck in a roundabout for hours. Parliament! Big Ben! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
There is a small one in the next city over in place of a stop sign. Seems to work well.

My childhood town is where all roundabouts go to die I think. I escaped as quickly as I could but upon returning years later as family are still there, I discovered they'd whacked in about 3000 new roundabouts! I suddenly found myself getting a bit lost, not to mention thoroughly bemused because the roads were completely unrecognisable, not to mention there were no longer any fields, just houses. It was and is roundabout hell, why have a junction or traffic lights when you can just shove in yeat another roundabout!?

Random question....

I am looking at options for our QS lunch meal. While looking at Epcot options, I am thinking the 3 of us may want different things from different countries. Is it possible for all 3 of us to go to different places and then carry our foods to a certain place? Like a mall food court type thing? I realized that except for Sunshine Seasons, I didnt remember seeing this occur and never saw someone carrying a sacked lunch through the park. Looking for some advice. If you have done this, know someone that did, or seen it done, let me know!

Thanks a million!

Random question....

I am looking at options for our QS lunch meal. While looking at Epcot options, I am thinking the 3 of us may want different things from different countries. Is it possible for all 3 of us to go to different places and then carry our foods to a certain place? Like a mall food court type thing? I realized that except for Sunshine Seasons, I didnt remember seeing this occur and never saw someone carrying a sacked lunch through the park. Looking for some advice. If you have done this, know someone that did, or seen it done, let me know!

Thanks a million!

You absolutely CAN...

However...

It can be a bit of a walk from country to country. You might consider grazing a bit if you want a lot of variety.. maybe if you order a QS meal from here and everyone tries it, then one from there, etc. Or pick countries close together.

Get ahead by looking at menus WDW Info or at AllEars. And, go on and be familiar with the map of EPCOT.

My childhood town is where all roundabouts go to die I think. I escaped as quickly as I could but upon returning years later as family are still there, I discovered they'd whacked in about 3000 new roundabouts! I suddenly found myself getting a bit lost, not to mention thoroughly bemused because the roads were completely unrecognisable, not to mention there were no longer any fields, just houses. It was and is roundabout hell, why have a junction or traffic lights when you can just shove in yeat another roundabout!?
That's funny! Sounds quite dizzy making! I know I would get completely turned around and lost!

Random question.... I am looking at options for our QS lunch meal. While looking at Epcot options, I am thinking the 3 of us may want different things from different countries. Is it possible for all 3 of us to go to different places and then carry our foods to a certain place? Like a mall food court type thing? I realized that except for Sunshine Seasons, I didnt remember seeing this occur and never saw someone carrying a sacked lunch through the park. Looking for some advice. If you have done this, know someone that did, or seen it done, let me know! Thanks a million!

This is possible but I can't think of any specific places to sit. I'm sure you could all meet up at a bench...you haven't eaten at Epcot, if you haven't dined over a trash can :)

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I just decided today that I want more ME tags. We leave a week from tomorrow. Someone on the Transportation Board said they got their extras in about 7 days...

bjscheel said:
Keep your fingers crossed for me. I just decided today that I want more ME tags. We leave a week from tomorrow. Someone on the Transportation Board said they got their extras in about 7 days...

Sending pixie dust you get them in time. I've read that 7 day also. There is also supposed to be a way to just give them your check bag ticket and they will collect for you, if you dont have the MEx tags.

alan_renfroe said:
The waiting is almost over! We will be on our way in 68 hours!

That's exciting! Have fun!
This made me want to see what my countdown would look like in hours. 452. 68 sounds way better!

Not sure if anyone is interested in a meet up, but these are our ADRs for the trip. I'm still shocked I got everything I wanted after booking the whole trip less than a month in advance.

June 15 - Chef Mickey's 10:45 am
June 16 - 'Ohana 9 am
June 17 - Crystal Palace 2:20 pm
June 18 - CRT 8:35pm

We'll be at MK the 15, 17, & 18. The 16 we'll be at Epcot after our breakfast and end the night at HS that night. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter