*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Do they have FP+ for the Anna, Elsa meet? ETWB was a highlight of my DDs sister trip 2 yrs ago. Haven't thought about it for this trip. We don't usually mind having to stand on queue for rides as long as the line moves, but standing still waiting for a meet or show is much harder! So I will probably book lots of FP+ for these things. Except of course for TSM!:P

Do they have FP+ for the Anna, Elsa meet? ETWB was a highlight of my DDs sister trip 2 yrs ago. Haven't thought about it for this trip. We don't usually mind having to stand on queue for rides as long as the line moves, but standing still waiting for a meet or show is much harder! So I will probably book lots of FP+ for these things. Except of course for TSM!:P

April 20 they are moving to MK and getting FP+. People have been able to book them, but I think it's the hardest FP to get.

And of course we'll have to see if the Mine Train comes available before our trip!

So are advanced FP reservations (AFPRs ;) ) opened up 60 days before your first night? And how far in to your trip? +10 like ADRs? 60 days out for us would be 4/19 but we are not going in to the parks that arrival day. If it is day by day, then we need to wait until 4/20.

Since it is just DH and I we won't be making any character AFPRs. I am still trying to sort out which rides to FP.

So are advanced FP reservations (AFPRs ;) ) opened up 60 days before your first night? And how far in to your trip? +10 like ADRs? 60 days out for us would be 4/19 but we are not going in to the parks that arrival day. If it is day by day, then we need to wait until 4/20.

Since it is just DH and I we won't be making any character AFPRs. I am still trying to sort out which rides to FP.

60 days before your check in date.

I have been using this wonderful and accurate tool for years to double check my ADR dates and now my FP+ dates. Kudos to the person who set this up. http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

You will be able to make all your FP reservations for your entire stay. The system will allow you to make at least 14 days worth if you are onsite.

We are also possibly not going to make it into a park on arrival night as our flight only lands at 6 pm and after 20+ hours of traveling .... lol DTD seemed like an easier choice from POFQ

bjscheel said:
April 20 they are moving to MK and getting FP+. People have been able to book them, but I think it's the hardest FP to get.

And of course we'll have to see if the Mine Train comes available before our trip!

If they're moving to MK, does that mean they're taking Merida's spot?

Joining in!!!!

Name: Wendy
Travel Dates (if known): June 18-21
Where Will You Be Staying?: Coronado Springs
Travel Party: Me, DH, DD -20, DS -17
Current Location: Pennsylvania
Favorite Disney Character: Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movie: Tangled
How Many Trips?: 20 - this will be 21
On-Site or Off?: On!
Best Disney Story: We were chosen to be the Grand Marshalls in the Stars and Motorcars Parade at Hollywood Studios during the Year of a Million Dreams.
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? Just being there - and then we are off on a Disney Cruise, Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!

10 weeks until the plane touches down! I'm so excited for a weekend getaway with my 2 boys...it will be so strange to be without DH!

60 days before your check in date.

I have been using this wonderful and accurate tool for years to double check my ADR dates and now my FP+ dates. Kudos to the person who set this up. http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

You will be able to make all your FP reservations for your entire stay. The system will allow you to make at least 14 days worth if you are onsite.

We are also possibly not going to make it into a park on arrival night as our flight only lands at 6 pm and after 20+ hours of traveling .... lol DTD seemed like an easier choice from POFQ

I was looking for that calculator. I had it saved on my laptop which just died. Are you arriving on June 18th? Our plane lands about 6pm too. Maybe we'll be on the same ME bus! My idea was to take the boat from POFQ to DTD that first night and eat at Earl of Sandwich.

We will be at the Wilderness Lodge June 24 - July 1. It' s been a few years for me, so I am playing catch- up trying to figure out FP+ MDE, etc. Thanks to all for posting great info that benefits everyone planning trips to Disney.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I was looking for that calculator. I had it saved on my laptop which just died. Are you arriving on June 18th? Our plane lands about 6pm too. Maybe we'll be on the same ME bus! My idea was to take the boat from POFQ to DTD that first night and eat at Earl of Sandwich.

In my dreams lol. We actually leave on the 18th but only arrive in the evening of June 19th. We have had several schedule changes to our flights and the last one was terrible, leaving us with an overnight stay at an airport hotel and a 7.5 hour layover (I had paid more for my specific flights because I'd picked a great connection time and then they changed them, the cheeky souls :headache: ) I think this is the longest journey we have ever had to Orlando by a long shot. We are doing DTD on our arrival night (which is now June 19th) and MK and Epcot on the Friday.

I managed to make one day's FP selections for June 19th today. Must have been a glitch with the app as it only allowed for Epcot and just for that one day but it's been entertaining to try envisage what must go on in the minds of the folk who designed this app :rotfl:

That's really weird! We can't make FP selections until March 31 and we arrive May 30! Obviously all is not perfect in the land of automated WDW!

A lot of people have said the same thing regarding South Korea, and I am scared of course in that it will be a HUGE change. But also a great experience, like you said! I've applied for Seoul specifically. It looks like an incredible city!

I follow a vlog of a couple that moved to S. Korea to be teachers. They eventually quit teaching and do YouTube videos full time, they review kpop videos and interview kpop stars and share Korean culture. Simon quit first (his experience was pretty bad apparently), and then a year later Martina quit. I don't know if you've heard of them (probably?), but their site is www.eatyourkimchi.com
but they have older stuff on YouTube talking about their experience as teachers/living in Korea (and they have some then vs. now updates), etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/simonandmartinabonus

Here is a video they did (a loooong time ago) where they talk about choosing a school to teach at in Korea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XAch40z8E

Thanks for the links, Ero_FL! I follow some expat blogs/channels for current EPIK teachers, and I have seen that particular blog around. I'll have to check out their videos.

It's too bad Simon had a bad experience. :( A lot of it depends upon the specific school you are assigned to, I think. Luck of the draw. I have all fingers and toes crossed.

That's really weird! We can't make FP selections until March 31 and we arrive May 30! Obviously all is not perfect in the land of automated WDW!

Robo would be welcoming you to Glitch City ;)

I was able to make FP+ reservations for our arrival day - which is 88 days away. I will end up canceling them as it auto selected Epcot for me and we won't be using them but I've kept them on and will play around with them for a few days to try figure out this incredibly illogical process of trying to actually do anything on MDE in a way that makes sense to the average person :crazy2:

My idea was to take the boat from POFQ to DTD that first night and eat at Earl of Sandwich.

Are you on the Dining Plan? If paying out of pocket, you just can't beat EoS for a good value meal. That was our stop on our arrival night on our very first trip and we always go back for a meal. If you have the DDP or QSDP, Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace serves some amazing food and is really more of a TS restaurant for a CS credit.

Everyday I log in to MDE just to see the official count. Being less than 90 days seems to be dragging so I marked up a calendar. How does 13 weeks sound? Much better. I know I read one of us had posted a similar thought.

It will also go fast for me since we have Spring Break beginning April. Easter baptisms at church (I help with adult faith formation). DH & DS19 coming home for Easter. Then DD will probably attend prom and her bf is in the graduating class.

Busy busy.

Oh! Measured the little guy. He's 41 1/2 inches. Without shoes. So we are working on the stand tall and still.

Oh! Measured the little guy. He's 41 1/2 inches. Without shoes. So we are working on the stand tall and still.
Lucky you!!!
My little daughter is exactly 40 inches so it is hit or miss on rides. I was thinking of stuffing toilet paper in her shoes to ensure she wouldn't have problems, but I don't want to teach her to skirt the rules (even though she is technically tall enough, some of the measurement tools have her being too small while others say she is okay at Disneyland).

In my dreams lol. We actually leave on the 18th but only arrive in the evening of June 19th. We have had several schedule changes to our flights and the last one was terrible, leaving us with an overnight stay at an airport hotel and a 7.5 hour layover (I had paid more for my specific flights because I'd picked a great connection time and then they changed them, the cheeky souls :headache: ) I think this is the longest journey we have ever had to Orlando by a long shot. We are doing DTD on our arrival night (which is now June 19th) and MK and Epcot on the Friday.

I managed to make one day's FP selections for June 19th today. Must have been a glitch with the app as it only allowed for Epcot and just for that one day but it's been entertaining to try envisage what must go on in the minds of the folk who designed this app :rotfl:

Ugh! That's rough! Some of the cross country flights we looked at had several stop overs and travel times of 12 hours! I thought that was crazy considering it should only be a 5 hour flight straight through. It isn't like we are coming from half way around the world! Only one airline went from Bay Area to Orlando non stop. :confused3

Are you on the Dining Plan? If paying out of pocket, you just can't beat EoS for a good value meal. That was our stop on our arrival night on our very first trip and we always go back for a meal. If you have the DDP or QSDP, Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace serves some amazing food and is really more of a TS restaurant for a CS credit.

No, we are not on the dining plan. I looked at it and realized non of them reflect the way we eat. We rarely get dessert with a meal and sometimes we have a snack for a meal. EoS is one of our favorite places to go at DLR now that they put one in. I love the Holiday sandwich!

I haven't tried anything with the FP+ yet because I was afraid of messing things up that I couldn't change! :rotfl:

Hi, we're joining up for June 9-15, 2014. I'm bringing along my friend who was my maid of honor and her sister. We're going before I have my reconstruction surgery. We'll be staying at POFQ. I'm still looking for an ADR for CRT and the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party, although that last one is not a requirement since we got an ADR for the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. My friends are not on here so I'm just here to see what everyone else is doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter