Official JUNE 2008

We had a wonderful time. We were there from the 9th to the 20th. We stayed offsite in a 5 bedroom pool home that we shared with my parents and my sister & her family. I was really worried that we would lose some of the magic if we weren't onsite but it turned out to be great. We would hit the parks at opening, head back to the house for a swim and a rest, and then go back to the parks in the evenings. We also took a beach day and went to Siesta Key just south of Tampa. It was beautiful, could have spent a week there! When we headed home we stopped the first night in Pensacola and noticed that our car wasn't running just right. We went ahead and headed towards houston the next morning and it seemed fine once we got out on the interstate. Once we hit Houston, I took one of the toll roads and had to slow down for the tolls. That's when the trouble started. I couldn't get it to go over 30 mph after that. So we pulled over at the first hotel we came to and thought that maybe in the morning it would make it home. We were just 1 1/2 hours away from home!!!!! Anyway the next morning we found out that my car was broken into and they took 2 ps2, camera and more than 75 movies!!!!! But the good thing is the car did make it home. Its in the shop now. The transmission went out! I didn't expect anything that major with only 75,000 miles on it. The vacation ended badly and with the break in and repair it cost more but boy we sure had a great time. can't wait to do it again. :)

Sorry to hear your trip ended so badly. Has me a little worried since we will be traveling through Houston, moving to Florida. We never leave any of the electronics in the cars though. I am always too scared of the car being broken into. Glad you still had a great time though.

We had a wonderful time. We were there from the 9th to the 20th. We stayed offsite in a 5 bedroom pool home that we shared with my parents and my sister & her family. I was really worried that we would lose some of the magic if we weren't onsite but it turned out to be great. We would hit the parks at opening, head back to the house for a swim and a rest, and then go back to the parks in the evenings. We also took a beach day and went to Siesta Key just south of Tampa. It was beautiful, could have spent a week there! When we headed home we stopped the first night in Pensacola and noticed that our car wasn't running just right. We went ahead and headed towards houston the next morning and it seemed fine once we got out on the interstate. Once we hit Houston, I took one of the toll roads and had to slow down for the tolls. That's when the trouble started. I couldn't get it to go over 30 mph after that. So we pulled over at the first hotel we came to and thought that maybe in the morning it would make it home. We were just 1 1/2 hours away from home!!!!! Anyway the next morning we found out that my car was broken into and they took 2 ps2, camera and more than 75 movies!!!!! But the good thing is the car did make it home. Its in the shop now. The transmission went out! I didn't expect anything that major with only 75,000 miles on it. The vacation ended badly and with the break in and repair it cost more but boy we sure had a great time. can't wait to do it again. :)

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Things can be replaced, but the movies!!! :eek: They are priceless and irreplacable.
My DD just came home for a short visit this week and brought all the pics and short videos that she took on her digital camera from our trip to Disney World earlier this month (June 10-15@ the Poly) They were great! Made me laugh and cry all at the same time! I hope and pray that somehow you get at least those back.

I didn't know the rental homes were always getting broken into. We felt really safe where we were in the Formosa Gardens area. We never had any problems and the neighborhood was always really quiet.

I usually take out all of our stuff when we stay at a hotel but that evening I was so tired from driving all day and when the car wouldn't go over 30 mph I just got really nervous. By the time we found a hotel I was a nervous wreck and just made sure everything was completely out of site. I also tried to park in a good spot right by the door and right under a light. But in the end I guess it didn't make a difference. People I talked to after that said that you can't leave anything in your car in Houston because peoples cars are always getting broken into. I was lucky, they left my stereo (6 cd player) and my ceiling mounted 12 inch dvd player. They could have smashed a window and really caused some damage but they didn't. I guess there is always a bright side to everything. The worst was losing our pictures. I have our film card from our first week at Disney but the second week was in the camera they took. Everything is replaceable but that. The good thing is that since my sister was with us in the parks I can get a copy of all of her pics. Her husband was a picture taking maniac thank goodness.:)

May I ask what part of Houston you stayed at? We are going to try to get to Baytown and stay the night. Being we are moving through the area, it will be impossible to clean everything out of the truck and car at the hotel.

Sorry to hear about losing your pics. That's the worst. Good to hear you are able to see a bright side.

We were traveling on the North Sam Houston Tollway and took the exit at Aldine/Westfield and stayed the night there. Basically we were right between I45 and 59 on the tollway. It didn't seem like a bad area, but I guess you just never know. Goodluck on your move.

We were traveling on the North Sam Houston Tollway and took the exit at Aldine/Westfield and stayed the night there. Basically we were right between I45 and 59 on the tollway. It didn't seem like a bad area, but I guess you just never know. Goodluck on your move.

Thank you and I know, it can happen anywhere! Sorry it had to happen to you especially when you were having car troubles also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter