Official July 2023 Thread

I kept checking too! Maybe it is a good sign that July will be a slow month lol🤞🤞🤞 hubby myself and are almost 12 yo twins will be staying at all star movies 7/4-7/9. Thanks for starting the thread!

I kept checking too! Maybe it is a good sign that July will be a slow month lol🤞🤞🤞 hubby myself and are almost 12 yo twins will be staying at all star movies 7/4-7/9. Thanks for starting the thread!
It looks like our trip will overlap. Are you planning anything for the 4th? It’s actually my husband and my anniversary. We probably won’t do anything really though 😂. I hear the MK fireworks are cool

Jumping on and following along! July 8-15, staying off property for the first time and first time in July, usually go in August, so it’s still as hot as the sun either time we go! 😬😄

Last edited:

It looks like our trip will overlap. Are you planning anything for the 4th? It’s actually my husband and my anniversary. We probably won’t do anything really though 😂. I hear the MK fireworks are cool
We are flying in that day so we are going to keep it more low key. We do have a reservation for Epcot and I want to wander around the flower and garden festival. I am hoping to see some fireworks there but don’t know if I want to deal with firework crowds on the 4th. Happy anniversary!

Roughed out a tentative trip schedule. My sister’s one request when agreeing to go when it’s hotter than the surface of the sun (I’m in Houston, the weather is the same) is that we maximize midday naps. 🤣 And to not rope drop the first morning because her flight gets in at like midnight. So with that in mind (and that we go every year and she went twice last year, so don’t mind doing a “slower” trip) here’s the first draft schedule.

• Friday 6/30 - arrival day me AM, sister Late, park for me TBD, likely MK
  • Saturday 7/1 - brunch Topolino’s/Homecoming/Wine Bar George. LL Cosmic Rewind, Park pass EPCOT, Food booths dinner
  • Sunday 7/2 - rope drop HS, magic Kingdom PM
  • Monday 7/3 - water park, evening HS
  • Tuesday 7/4 - Magic Kingdom all day, jungle skipper canteen dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, 4th of July dessert party if we can swing it
  • 7/5 Wednesday - rope drop HS, depart for home

Roughed out a tentative trip schedule. My sister’s one request when agreeing to go when it’s hotter than the surface of the sun (I’m in Houston, the weather is the same) is that we maximize midday naps. 🤣 And to not rope drop the first morning because her flight gets in at like midnight. So with that in mind (and that we go every year and she went twice last year, so don’t mind doing a “slower” trip) here’s the first draft schedule.

• Friday 6/30 - arrival day me AM, sister Late, park for me TBD, likely MK
  • Saturday 7/1 - brunch Topolino’s/Homecoming/Wine Bar George. LL Cosmic Rewind, Park pass EPCOT, Food booths dinner
  • Sunday 7/2 - rope drop HS, magic Kingdom PM
  • Monday 7/3 - water park, evening HS
  • Tuesday 7/4 - Magic Kingdom all day, jungle skipper canteen dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, 4th of July dessert party if we can swing it
  • 7/5 Wednesday - rope drop HS, depart for home
Looks like a fun trip! I'm still trying to figure out where we want to eat this year. My husband likes the 1 character, 1 signature, 2 old, and 3 new rule on a week long trip...Doesn't really matter though, no matter how I plan I always get excited when I see there is a Storybook (or insert other HTG ressie here) at a time I like, and jump on it....so we end up with like 5 old, one signature, and one new....I need to let someone else make reservations for food. 😝 Just for the record though, I'm not a reservation hoarder. I only take what I need for a given day....though it may change 500 times before we even get there.

Looks like a fun trip! I'm still trying to figure out where we want to eat this year. My husband likes the 1 character, 1 signature, 2 old, and 3 new rule on a week long trip...Doesn't really matter though, no matter how I plan I always get excited when I see there is a Storybook (or insert other HTG ressie here) at a time I like, and jump on it....so we end up with like 5 old, one signature, and one new....I need to let someone else make reservations for food. 😝 Just for the record though, I'm not a reservation hoarder. I only take what I need for a given day....though it may change 500 times before we even get there.
We are going with my SIL and BIL. They have a 2.5 year old daughter who is really into the princesses. She wants to do CRT. We’ve done CRT breakfast before that I was kind of meh on. I’m more inclined to book it again now because at least the princesses are back.

My husband loved Topolino’s. So I was thinking about that character breakfast again. Although I always wanted to try Tusker house.

We are going with my SIL and BIL. They have a 2.5 year old daughter who is really into the princesses. She wants to do CRT. We’ve done CRT breakfast before that I was kind of meh on. I’m more inclined to book it again now because at least the princesses are back.

My husband loved Topolino’s. So I was thinking about that character breakfast again. Although I always wanted to try Tusker house.
Love Tusker House breakfast and dinner, can’t go wrong!

Love Tusker House breakfast and dinner, can’t go wrong!
I think I am going to do it the July trip. I had it booked a few times but then cancelled. And this will be our last Disney trip for a while. I had it booked for my February trip, but then cancelled and did Chef Mickey’s instead because I preferred the family style to the buffet. But I feel like CM is definitely one and done.

I think I am going to do it the July trip. I had it booked a few times but then cancelled. And this will be our last Disney trip for a while. I had it booked for my February trip, but then cancelled and did Chef Mickey’s instead because I preferred the family style to the buffet. But I feel like CM is definitely one and done.
I’d agree with that too, one and done. Have you done Ohana breakfast, love that one too and since it’s also family style..

We do CRT breakfast every trip. It’s a last day tradition for us. We start the day with breakfast at CRT, and end it with a dessert party and fireworks.

Purchased our plane tickets yesterday, so our dates are set, or are they? I'm always trying to get my husband to agree to one more day, so we shall see.😁

We have just booked our July trip

OKW 5th-13th
Universal 13th-16th
AKL Kidani 16th-21st

First time travelling in July, so hoping the sun isnt too intense for our pale Scottish skin.
Normally travel in October. Although have done June and Sept in the past.
I've always wanted to do a trip like this, with Universal sandwiched between Disney stays.

We have just booked our July trip

OKW 5th-13th
Universal 13th-16th
AKL Kidani 16th-21st

First time travelling in July, so hoping the sun isnt too intense for our pale Scottish skin.
Normally travel in October. Although have done June and Sept in the past.
This looks awesome! Lucky you!

Hi everyone ! I too have been checking for a July thread and am excited to plan with everyone. We will be there 7/8-7/17, staying at Beach Club!

Checking in :wave: We are staying 6/30-7/5. I'm still making a final decision on hotels, but right now we are doing a split stay between Yacht Club and Wilderness.

Welcome to the group @msmith1026 and @marisas1011 Looking forward to hearing about your future plans. Though I know that we are all at this point in Disney purgatory, soon our dining ressie windows will arrive! 😂 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter