*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

Our July thread is a little slow, I wonder if it means that there won’t be as many people there in July!!! 😆
Well, we are still coming but have decided to shorten our trip. We've had some things come up financially this year that have put a dent in our vacation budget so we are doing a Florida beach trip instead and just tacking on a couple of days at Disney since I promised the kids that we would take them for the 50th. We will be at CBR from 7/28-7/30 and doing 2 park days (MK & HS) followed by a week in Daytona. Hopefully we will get better discounts and be able to do a bigger trip next year. For now, we will take what we can get.

Well, we are still coming but have decided to shorten our trip. We've had some things come up financially this year that have put a dent in our vacation budget so we are doing a Florida beach trip instead and just tacking on a couple of days at Disney since I promised the kids that we would take them for the 50th. We will be at CBR from 7/28-7/30 and doing 2 park days (MK & HS) followed by a week in Daytona. Hopefully we will get better discounts and be able to do a bigger trip next year. For now, we will take what we can get.
Very understandable, we wouldn't be going at all if we didn't have ticket credit from pre covid times!

I've been sorta on cruise control so far this year - If I wouldn't have had reminders set when I made these reservations for when my 60 day out dining reservations were I would have missed them this trip! Now I'm scrambling with the 'where do we want to eat?' :P
We have a split stay - so I get to make the first 4 days tomorrow morning, then the 2nd 4 days .. well, 4 days later :P
My 2nd week is staying in an AirBNB with a bunch of totally uncoordinated, unplanned family - half of them don't have tickets and haven't even committed yet :( So might actually do the scariest thing ever for me - and that's just look for something the day of!!

I want to get into Space 220 for Lunch
and as always, I intend to eat at Via Napoli.

I have a new visitor and two very picky teenagers, so want to stay away from Fixed Price menus or I'll be overpaying for meals all over the place.

Where is everyone planning to eat?

Our list has Liberty Tree Tavern, The Edison, Sci-Fi, Geyser Point, Storybook or Skipper Canteen, Tusker House breakfast, Space 220, and Whispering Canyon breakfast. All places we haven't ever eaten with the exception of LTT, but my DDs have never eaten there. We shall see what we are actually able to get when I book on 5/24.

We're staying at WL so we are WL heavy on plans. I hope to hit up Territory Lounge for snacks one night, too. When in Rome...

We have some unicorns, so my backups are Mama Melrose and Le Cellier, with Rose and Crown for my double backup on Epcot night.

We're eating at the following places:
Flying Fish(new to us)
Sanaa
Boathouse(our favorite)
Yak & Yeti
Space 220
Crystal Palace
50's Prime time (for milkshakes!)
Beaches and Cream (only Ice cream)

Some quick serve places we will eat:
Sunshine Seasons-Epcot
Contempo Cafe-Epcot
Docking Bay-HS
Ronto Roasters - HS (new to us-we want to try the zucchini wrap)
Peco Bill's - MK
Starbucks
The Smokhouse-Disney springs(chicken nachos are really good!)
Pizzafari-AK
Anandapur Ice Cream Truck-Ak

We're staying 14 nights, so looking to add a few more reservations. We also have a car, so we stop on our first day at Target and buy breakfast for the room.

My ADR day is getting close, too (next week), so I've been thinking about dining a bunch lately. Ugh, I'm seriously dreading it because I think it's going to be a very disappointing morning. Oh well, I'll do what I can! Love reading everyone's plans. We are also doing a split stay (6 & 6), so even though we'll be there for 12 nights, we won't get the 60+10 advantage (I am definitely not complaining about having a 12-night vacation, just wishing they would help with this like they used to when you could call in & they would book the second resort dining when the window for the first resort opened). Here's what we're thinking and would love anyone's suggestions or feedback!

First Resort:
  • Hard-to-get:
    • Space 220 Lounge any time on Day 6; would also take regular Space 220 but prefer Lounge (realize it's likely impossible to get either one)
    • Homecomin' on Day 7; brunch or lunch
    • CRT on Day 4; dinner
  • Others that I think I should be OK with (someone tell me if any of these look hard-to-get and I will reprioritize my list!):
    • Biergarten on Day 2; dinner
    • Saana on Day 1; dinner
Second Resort:
  • Hard-to-get:
    • Homecomin' on Day 1 (this is the same day as Day 7 from my first resort stay, but if I didn't get it then, I can basically guarantee I won't get it here, either)
    • Space 220 Lounge any time on Day 6 (again, would also take regular Space 220 but prefer Lounge) - if I couldn't get it for Resort 1 I'll try again here
  • Others that I think I should be OK with (again, tell me if any of these look hard-to-get and I will reprioritize):
    • Skippers Canteen on Day 2, lunch
    • Garden Grill on Day 3, dinner
We're also thinking about the Creperie in France, and DH loves Via Napoli. So might add those in depending on success rate with the above ADRs.

I'll join in with the ADRs I'm going to be trying to get come May 13!

Arrival day: Boathouse - already got a reservation for 4 on OpenTable, but hoping I can get one for 5 once the Disney reservations open up!
Day 2 (MK): either nothing (quick service only) or Skipper's Canteen.
Day 3 (HS): Savi's, Droids, Oga's Cantina
Day 4 (EP): nothing (quick service only)
Day 5 (rest day): Topolinos breakfast, Sebastian's Bistro Dinner
Day 6 (AK): Either Yak&Yeti, Boma, or Saana (haven't decided yet)
Day 7 (MK): Skipper's Canteen if we didn't get it on our first MK day.
Day 8 (departure): Topolinos Breakfast if we didn't get it for our rest day.

Got Oga's this morning pretty easily (60+4)! Being an insomniac sometimes pays off :P

I will probably get the Creperie place in Epcot at some point too, but that should be easy.

Other than that we are going cheap and eating counter service or snacking most meals.

Some of our usual places for meals:
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Columbia Harbour House
  • Satuli Canteen
  • Ronto Roasters
  • Docking Bay 7
  • ABC Commissary has also stepped up it's game recently
I also want to try Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery in AK. They have some interesting flatbread sandwiches and fried potato pies on the menu that could be good. Anyone tried them?

I'll join in with the ADRs I'm going to be trying to get come May 13!

Arrival day: Boathouse - already got a reservation for 4 on OpenTable, but hoping I can get one for 5 once the Disney reservations open up!
Day 2 (MK): either nothing (quick service only) or Skipper's Canteen.
Day 3 (HS): Savi's, Droids, Oga's Cantina
Day 4 (EP): nothing (quick service only)
Day 5 (rest day): Topolinos breakfast, Sebastian's Bistro Dinner
Day 6 (AK): Either Yak&Yeti, Boma, or Saana (haven't decided yet)
Day 7 (MK): Skipper's Canteen if we didn't get it on our first MK day.
Day 8 (departure): Topolinos Breakfast if we didn't get it for our rest day.
Thanks for tip about Boathouse on Open table. I just got one there too!

Awesome! What else did you book!!??
Ohana breakfast and Kona Cafe. We have a triple split stay so I was pleasantly surprised to find storybook. My theory may hold true that there aren't that many people going in July, or perhaps they have increased restaurant capacity for the summer. I saw sci fi and a lot topolinos (not breakfast). Honestly, the only one that looks difficult to get for my week is Topolinos breakfast. Oh , and by the way, my app didn't really pull up much this morning, I got my reservations on the website browser.

Last edited:
@Sandiz08, thank you for the info! I know lots of people prefer the app, but I'm old school and prefer to do bookings on my desktop so knowing that the website browser worked well for you is perfect for me. ::yes::
I would LOVE it if your theory (fewer guests in July) holds true!

Ohana breakfast and Kona Cafe. We have a triple split stay so I was pleasantly surprise to find storybook. My theory may hold true that there aren't that many people going in July, or perhaps they have increased restaurant capacity for the summer. I saw sci fi and a lot topolinos (not breakfast). Honestly, the only one that looks difficult to get for my week is Topolinos breakfast. Oh , and by the way, my app didn't really pull up much this morning, I got my reservations on the website browser.
Thank you for sharing! Good luck with the rest of your adrs.

I've gotten into the habit of checking each day to see what was available for 60 days out. I was floored to see Sci-Fi today, and still there mid-morning! It makes me hopeful for our July stay as well, but I did wonder if more people wanted to be at Epcot and MK for fireworks, since 60 days from today is July 4th. So I was curious if HS would not be as busy, and thus, that ressie would be available. I am itching to make our ADRs.

I've gotten into the habit of checking each day to see what was available for 60 days out. I was floored to see Sci-Fi today, and still there mid-morning! It makes me hopeful for our July stay as well, but I did wonder if more people wanted to be at Epcot and MK for fireworks, since 60 days from today is July 4th. So I was curious if HS would not be as busy, and thus, that ressie would be available. I am itching to make our ADRs.
I am hoping this is true. We're rope dropping Magic Kingdom July 4th morning, but plan to hop to HS when it starts getting crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter