Official July 2018 Thread!

Hello to all my fellow teachers! I can totally sympathize with the heat! My classroom is on the 4th floor of a 100 year old building and it gets miserably hot. Our last day is June 26th! Should be the 22nd but just our school had a water line break and was closed 3 days. The commissioner waived one of the days so we have 2 to make up. But get this, those last 2 days will be exam “make up” days so we won’t even have any students! Of course we leave for a trip to Maine on the 27th of June. Then Disney July 25th! The summer is going to go by way too fast!

I get to do FP+ tomorrow!!!!! My hope is that I can get myself in gear enough to get to work by 7 and get everything done before homeroom starts. It SHOULDN'T be an issue, since I'd only need to leave for work maybe 10 minutes earlier than normal. Fingers crossed!

Also I'll add everyone in that I've missed when I get home tonight or this weekend at the latest!

I get to do FP+ tomorrow!!!!! My hope is that I can get myself in gear enough to get to work by 7 and get everything done before homeroom starts. It SHOULDN'T be an issue, since I'd only need to leave for work maybe 10 minutes earlier than normal. Fingers crossed!

Also I'll add everyone in that I've missed when I get home tonight or this weekend at the latest!

FX! Good luck tomorrow! I somehow can always get my butt in gear when it comes to Disney.

FP window opened yesterday for my trip. I planned to get to work early just so I'd be sure to be near a computer at 7AM! I got everything I was hoping for, and more!

My list:

Day 1
Big Thunder Mtn
Splash Mtn
SDMT

Day 2
Up! show
Rivers of Light (may switch this one out for Everest)

Day 3
Frozen Ever After (FINALLY!! I've been trying to get this for 3 trips now)
Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
I've never been on either Space ride, but got the FPs since I'd be at Epcot anyway. I'm also doing EMM that day so I will have a large afternoon break to recover.

Day 4
Slinky Dog Dash
TBD FP for my next 2, may park hop.

Day 5
Slinky Dog Dash, same as yesterday.

I'm so excited!!

Also the shopDis has 25% off today!! May get myself a birthday magic band.

:boat::boat: Hello Fellow July Crazies! Everyone says Florida in July? You must be crazy! Hey I'll take it when I can!
We booked an Illuminations cruise for Monday July 2.
Anyone interested in joining us and help share the cost? The boat holds 10 and we are only 4 so we have room for 6 more.
Leaving from the Yacht Club at 8pm.

Joining in for a quick weekend trip for my cousin's birthday. We will be at all-star movies July 21-23.

Hi! I remember you from last year's November trip. A birthday trip sounds fun.

:boat::boat: Hello Fellow July Crazies! Everyone says Florida in July? You must be crazy! Hey I'll take it when I can!
Anyone interested in joining us and help share the cost? The boat holds 10 and we are only 4 so we have room for 6 more.

Hmmm I'm not sure what our plans are for the 2nd. I need to look. I think that's supposed to be an early night for us but the Illuminations cruise is soooo tempting.

Ok, here are our plans:

July 7th - MK
BoG Breakfast
LTT Dinner
Fastpasses
Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan
7DMT

July 8th - DHS
Sci-Fi Dinner
Fastpasses
Star Tours
RnRC
SDD

July 9th - AK
Tusker House Dinner
Fastpasses
KS
Dinosaur
FoP

July 10th - Epcot
Nine Dragons Lunch
Le Cellier Dinner
Fastpasses
Soarin
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth

July 11th - MK
BoG Lunch
Fastpasses
7DMT
Splash Mountain
Buzz Lightyear

July 12th
Universal Studios

July 13th
Kennedy Space Center
Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive
Watching the Disney Dream leave port
Orlando Starflyer (if it's operational when we are there!)

July 14th
Universal Studios
T-Rex late Dinner

July 15th - AK
Yak & Yeti Dinner
Fastpasses
FoP
KS
Rivers of Light

July 16th - Epcot
Garden Grill Breakfast
Coral Reef Dinner
Fastpasses
Test Track
The Seas
Mission Space

July 17th - DHS
50's Prime Time Dinner
Fastpasses
Toy Story
Star Tours
RnRC

July 18th - MK
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Fastpasses
7DMT
Haunted Mansion
Buzz Lightyear

July 19th - AK
Rainforest Cafe Lunch
Fastpasses
Na'Vi River
KS
FotLK
Leaving AK around 2pm and going to MK to finish the day

July 20th
That's it, back to Winnipeg!

I'd like to thank everyone for there suggestions regarding our AK day dinner! Because of a very interesting turn on events this afternoon, I've changed our Sanaa ADR to Cali Grill. The main reason for that is we changed our resort reservation (again) back to OKW because the AP discount saved us close to $1,500!!! FP+ report/PTR is in process and hopefully will have that out soon!

I got to work on time yesterday, and then the Internet was down :eek: but I managed to get my FPs with a little ingenuity and the help of the the mobile site (I have never said that sentence before lol!)

Here are our plans for now!:

July 8 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder
Mine Train

ADR:
Be Our Guest

July 9 -
FP:
Na'vi River Journey
Safari
Lion King

July 10 -
- Off Site -

July 11 -
FP:
Soarin'
Figment

July 12 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

ADR:
Skipper's Canteen

July 13 -
FP:
Slinky Dog
Rock n Roller coaster
Star Tours

ADR:
Citricos/Cinderella's Royal Table/Tutto Italia (date night)

July 14 -
FP:
Flights of Passage
Safari
Dinosaur

I got to work on time yesterday, and then the Internet was down :eek: but I managed to get my FPs with a little ingenuity and the help of the the mobile site (I have never said that sentence before lol!)

July 8 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder
Mine Train

ADR:
Be Our Guest

July 9 -
FP:
Na'vi River Journey
Safari
Lion King

July 10 -
- Off Site -

July 11 -
FP:
Soarin'
Figment

July 12 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

ADR:
Skipper's Canteen

July 13 -
FP:
Slinky Dog
Rock n Roller coaster
Star Tours

ADR:

July 14 -
FP:
Flights of Passage
Safari
Dinosaur
Looks like we will be at MK on the 8th and Epcot on the 11th with you!!! We also have BOG ADRs, 7Dwarfs, and Big Thunder FPs! So glad everything worked out with your internet situation!

July 8 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder
Mine Train

ADR:
Be Our Guest

July 9 -
FP:
Na'vi River Journey
Safari
Lion King

July 10 -
- Off Site -

July 11 -
FP:
Soarin'
Figment

July 12 -
FP:
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

ADR:
Skipper's Canteen

July 13 -
FP:
Slinky Dog
Rock n Roller coaster
Star Tours

ADR:

July 14 -
FP:
Flights of Passage
Safari
Dinosaur

You did really good! So glad you figured out away around the internet being down. Talk about a stresser!

I actually had to do all my fastpasses through the mobile site as well. I was refreshing the website at 6am CST over and over and it still kept on telling me that my 60 day window hadn't opened, so at 6:10 I checked the app just in case and I was able to book them. Even today I can't get into the fastpass window on the website.

Reposting my FPs from another thread and adding other plans

July 9: check out of Universal Portofino Bay ( will be there from July 5-9 3 day 3 park park to park pass) and check in to Port Orleans Riverside. Settle in, explore resort, Disney Spring. Possible meet up with friends.

July 10. Epcot (day1): spaceship earth
Mission Earth
Frozen

July 11 MK (day1): Peter Pan
7 dwarf Mine Train
Space Mountain
ADR: BOG dinner

July 12 HS: Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Slinky Dog Coaster
ADR: Sci Fi lunch

July 13 Epcot ( day 2): character spot
Figment
Soarin’
ADR: late lunch at Beaches and Cream
July 14 AK: Kilimangaro Safari
Kali River Rapids
Flight of Passage
ADR: Sanaa lunch, explore AKL

July 15 MK ( day2): Pirates
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railway.
ADR: Kona Breakfast

July 16- check out. Hang out at resort or spend morning at Disney Springs and have lunch prior to leaving for evening flight home. :(

Here is our plans for now:
July 5: Depart Ohio and begin drive down

July 6: Arrive at OKW between 10:00AM and 12:00PM
Lunch: Probably Olivia's
Dinner: The Knife (steakhouse off property at Crossroads [last time there as they are closing due to I-4 expansion])
Starlight Safari (10:00p)

July 7: Shopping day for DW and our friend. I (Will) might run away for a quick round of golf at LBV, if I can, in the morning.
Dinner: 'Ohana (7:45p)

July 8: MK
Breakfast: CRT (9:20a)
7DMT
Space Mtn
BTMRR
Dinner: Be Our Guest (6:45p)

July 9: Epcot
Breakfast: Akershus (9:50a)
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Dinner: Cape May Cafe (7:30p)

July 10: AK
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safari
FOP
Dinner: California Grill (9:30p)

July 11: DHS/Epcot
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe (9:15a)
Slinky Dog Dash
Rockin' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Dinner: Tokyo Dining (6:50p)

July 12: Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner: Morimoto (8:30p)

July 13: MK
KTTK (9:00p)
Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Space Mtn
7DMT
Dinner: Be Our Guest (7:05p)

July 14: Check-out and drive home

I will be there in spirit!

FoP just added evening fastpasses for our week in July in conjunction with the new hours. We were able to snag a nighttime 9:30p for July 2nd. We will have 3 rides with passes this trip!
Mike
July 2-8th before our cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter