Official January 2015 Thread!!!

We can't wait! This will by our (fiancé & myself) honeymoon. Our visit is Dec. 29-Jan. 5, and then we leave for a cruise aboard the Dream! We just booked our ADRs this morning!

I think you will be fine as last year we were booking ADR's for Marathon Weekend as well. Just be ready as soon as 6am rolls around

I will be! That means early mornings for me since I'm in the Central time zone. But it's worth it. It would just be easier to have one early morning vs. 7! Especially since I'll be traveling for two of them! At least I could get it done before we get on the road I think. :confused3 Still holding out hope they'll release packages before I leave on vacation. I already have to register for PHM while on vacation so it would be nice not to have to stalk my ADRs as well!

We are booked for Jan 2nd - 9th at Pop. First trip for DH, DS17, DD16, DS7, and DD2, second trip for myself, DD14 and DS13 (blended family). We are traveling from Guam (island in the Pacific) :beach: where the temperature is 80 - something year round with 70-80 percent humidity. So I am quite concerned as to the appropriate attire to deal with (freezing to us) temperature. Any advice would be awesome! (Last trip in October 2007, we froze once the sun went down, but were fine during the day)

Weather can be tricky in January. I suggest checking the weather starting 10 days prior to your trip and then packing from there. Last January for Marathon Weekend it was humid then the temp dropped and it was beautiful. No way of knowing this far out what it will be like. Pack for everything!

I will be! That means early mornings for me since I'm in the Central time zone. But it's worth it. It would just be easier to have one early morning vs. 7! Especially since I'll be traveling for two of them! At least I could get it done before we get on the road I think. :confused3 Still holding out hope they'll release packages before I leave on vacation. I already have to register for PHM while on vacation so it would be nice not to have to stalk my ADRs as well!

You never know maybe packages will be released sooner than we think! Here's to hoping anyway. Though we are already booked with a RO reservation. Good luck getting into Princess half. That's always a stressful day because Run Disney website is always not functioning properly on registration days. Blah. Have a nice vacation!

We will be going for marathon weekend! My dad and I will be running the half marathon while my husband runs the full. We used to live in Florida and I used to work for Disney.

This will be our first trip with our son who will be 18 months old. Having been so many times as Florida residents, we hope we can relax and enjoy his first (of many!) visit without rushing to do all the 'must do' attractions. We are staying at the Contemporary and hope to get a Chef Mickey reservation. He will also get his first haircut on Main Street! So excited!

So excited to be joining this group!! :cheer2:
We had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip but have decided to plan to go for 1/27 - 2/1 for a suprise birthday trip for our ds who will turn 8 on 1/31!! pixiedust: The trip will only be prob 4 nights, because I really don't want him out of school too long.
This will be all of our 2nd trip - 1st trip was last Nov, and we fell in love with WDW & can NOT wait to go back!!
Not sure where we're going to stay yet. Last year we stayed at the poly & really liked it but don't want to stay there this year with the construction. We're thinking possibly GF or CR/Bay Lake , depending on the rates & if any discounts are offered! So happy to start the planning & share in everyone's excitements and planning!! pixiedust:

We will be going for marathon weekend! My dad and I will be running the half marathon while my husband runs the full. We used to live in Florida and I used to work for Disney.

This will be our first trip with our son who will be 18 months old. Having been so many times as Florida residents, we hope we can relax and enjoy his first (of many!) visit without rushing to do all the 'must do' attractions. We are staying at the Contemporary and hope to get a Chef Mickey reservation. He will also get his first haircut on Main Street! So excited!

Hoping to get my son's first haircut as well! He'll only be 13 months though! But he already has a lot of hair and I really want that first haircut at Disney for him!

So excited to be joining this group!! :cheer2:
We had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip but have decided to plan to go for 1/27 - 2/1 for a suprise birthday trip for our ds who will turn 8 on 1/31!! pixiedust: The trip will only be prob 4 nights, because I really don't want him out of school too long.
This will be all of our 2nd trip - 1st trip was last Nov, and we fell in love with WDW & can NOT wait to go back!!
Not sure where we're going to stay yet. Last year we stayed at the poly & really liked it but don't want to stay there this year with the construction. We're thinking possibly GF or CR/Bay Lake , depending on the rates & if any discounts are offered! So happy to start the planning & share in everyone's excitements and planning!! pixiedust:

:welcome:

Anyone ever go over MLK weekend? We are debating a winter trip, but not sure how crowds will be. We usually go in July/August and October, but wanted a different perspective this year. Any thoughts on crowds would be appreciated.

anjalee6 said:
Anyone ever go over MLK weekend? We are debating a winter trip, but not sure how crowds will be. We usually go in July/August and October, but wanted a different perspective this year. Any thoughts on crowds would be appreciated.

We went MLK weekend two years ago (Saturday-Thursday). Crowds were not bad at all. We had the usual long waits at rides like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania but for the most part less than 10-15 mins for most rides. Hope this helps!

Going during last week of January... hope they release prices soon:sad1:

Hi Y'all!!!!

I am so excited! I got confirmation from DH that we can go this January!!!! :dance3::yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:

We haven't been since 2012 and I am REALLY missing my happy place. We moved in 2013 and the buying and selling of our house ate up all of our vacation time, and this year we are doing a DCL trip to Alaska with my DMIL and DFIL. I NEED Palm trees, Epcot, and... dare I say it?.... Disney buses! :rotfl2:

Our dates aren't 100% in stone but we are looking at January 22 - 27th. W've never been in January as we usually go in the fall for F&W. However after our terrible new england weather this year we decided next year we will need a break! And where else would we go for a winter break??...WDW! :good vibes

What should we know about January in the world?

I'm so excited to get to know all of you and share in the planning!!

xoxo Mrs Z :grouphug:

It's official! We are 100% booked at the BCV for January 22-27th! I'm so excited! A winter get away to our happy place!

Hi All-

We (DH, DS and I) are going in January but I can't figure out when! :confused3

We usually go from Thursday to Wednesday and we want to avoid crowds. I know most of January is less crowded than other times of the year- but when is the least crowded? When do you suggest we go?

TIA!

Hi All-

We (DH, DS and I) are going in January but I can't figure out when! :confused3

We usually go from Thursday to Wednesday and we want to avoid crowds. I know most of January is less crowded than other times of the year- but when is the least crowded? When do you suggest we go?

TIA!

Hello fellow nutmegger :)
I would say check in the 22nd or 29th would be best!

Hello fellow nutmegger :)
I would say check in the 22nd or 29th would be best!

If you're looking for low crowds I agree with this! We looked online and 22nd for check in word great for our schedule and for low crowds. :thumbsup2

Hey so I have a dilemma. We want a 6 night trip but the only dates that work for my group is the week before marathon weekend. Now we could leave on January 3rd but that's still new years pricing so that's a no go. I guess my question is do you all think it's going to be crazy leaving WDW on the day of the 1/2 marathon (Saturday)? I've heard the traffic is crazy. I'm thinking we would book a late flight hoping that the marathon traffic will be gone. Not planning on renting a car so ME will be our transportation. Our dates would be 1/4-1/10.

Hey so I have a dilemma. We want a 6 night trip but the only dates that work for my group is the week before marathon weekend. Now we could leave on January 3rd but that's still new years pricing so that's a no go. I guess my question is do you all think it's going to be crazy leaving WDW on the day of the 1/2 marathon (Saturday)? I've heard the traffic is crazy. I'm thinking we would book a late flight hoping that the marathon traffic will be gone. Not planning on renting a car so ME will be our transportation. Our dates would be 1/4-1/10.

I honestly don't think that's a problem at all. Marathon weekend does not really effect park crowds and traffic will be in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter