Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I am at AK now and plan to hop to Epcot at 2…but when I looked at the bus sign it didn’t have numbers for any of the other parks!? Am I still able to take a bus from AK to Epcot? If so….how do I find out where to go catch the bus!?

I am at AK now and plan to hop to Epcot at 2…but when I looked at the bus sign it didn’t have numbers for any of the other parks!? Am I still able to take a bus from AK to Epcot? If so….how do I find out where to go catch the bus!?
The park to park hopping buses don’t leave until around 1:30 (maybe a little earlier, I’m not sure), so they probably haven’t designated the bus stops yet to avoid having people think they can hop already today. When you come out of AK this afternoon the stops for the other parks will be listed on the board, or else there will be a CM for you to ask.

You will be able to but I'm guessing they don't add those signs until 1:30 when the park hopping buses start running.

I am late to this thread but for anyone interested the load zones from AK to the other parks are 1, 2 and 3. They are the farthest load zones from the park.

Hi All, we are doing our first trip to WDW as a family (I went 15 years ago before kids, but barely remember anything). We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. We are WDL veterans, so we will want to Rope Drop/Early Entry in the morning. From what I understand, we can easily walk to Epcot and DHS. What is the best plan for getting to/from MK and AK? Also, we have dinner reservations at BOMA, so what would be the best way to get there from BWI? Thanks (and sorry for the basic questions!)

Hi All, we are doing our first trip to WDW as a family (I went 15 years ago before kids, but barely remember anything). We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. We are WDL veterans, so we will want to Rope Drop/Early Entry in the morning. From what I understand, we can easily walk to Epcot and DHS. What is the best plan for getting to/from MK and AK? Also, we have dinner reservations at BOMA, so what would be the best way to get there from BWI? Thanks (and sorry for the basic questions!)
There will be buses that will take you from BW to MK and AK.

To get to BOMA will be a little more involved if going from BW. I will say first, how this is done will depend on what time your dinner reservation is booked for. You will want to take a bus to a park (most likely AK) and then take a bus from AK to Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL).

After dinner, getting home will depend on which parks are open. You may find it easiest to take a bus from AKL to AK (if it's still open) then a bus to Boardwalk or, take a bus to DHS then either walk (about 15 mins) or take the Skyliner to BW.

Note: You will not want to take a bus from AKL to Epcot unless you have a park reservation for Epcot/hopper and also, don't mind a walk. The buses drop you off at the front of the park and the only way to get to Boma is to enter the park and walk to International Gateway which is a good hike.

Private transportation would be easiest to get home from Boma but that would incur cost.

Thank you for this.

Are ride sharing options readily available, if we leave Boma after AK closes?

There will be buses that will take you from BW to MK and AK.

To get to BOMA will be a little more involved if going from BW. I will say first, how this is done will depend on what time your dinner reservation is booked for. You will want to take a bus to a park (most likely AK) and then take a bus from AK to Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL).

After dinner, getting home will depend on which parks are open. You may find it easiest to take a bus from AKL to AK (if it's still open) then a bus to Boardwalk or, take a bus to DHS then either walk (about 15 mins) or take the Skyliner to BW.

Note: You will not want to take a bus from AKL to Epcot unless you have a park reservation for Epcot/hopper and also, don't mind a walk. The buses drop you off at the front of the park and the only way to get to Boma is to enter the park and walk to International Gateway which is a good hike.

Private transportation would be easiest to get home from Boma but that would incur cost.

About how long does it take to hop from Epcot to MK now that monorail is running?
Or is it better to leave thru IG and take Boardwalk bus to MK?

About how long does it take to hop from Epcot to MK now that monorail is running?
Or is it better to leave thru IG and take Boardwalk bus to MK?
I don’t know how long it’s taking - I’d guess 30 minutes including waiting for the next monorail to arrive (longer if you’re traveling at peak times) - but I just want to point out that if you take the monorail you’ll be staying inside security and can transfer directly to the MK monorail or the ferry. If you take the BW bus, you’ll have to go through security again at MK. And it’s entirely possible that wait time for a bus at BW might be longer than the wait for the monorail - I’m not sure. But I would definitely take the monorail!

I don’t know how long it’s taking - I’d guess 30 minutes including waiting for the next monorail to arrive (longer if you’re traveling at peak times) - but I just want to point out that if you take the monorail you’ll be staying inside security and can transfer directly to the MK monorail or the ferry. If you take the BW bus, you’ll have to go through security again at MK. And it’s entirely possible that wait time for a bus at BW might be longer than the wait for the monorail - I’m not sure. But I would definitely take the monorail!
Thank you so much!
We are only hopping to watch HEA so I'll try to give myself an hour but if we run late I'm also ok watching from the TTC

Thank you so much!
We are only hopping to watch HEA so I'll try to give myself an hour but if we run late I'm also ok watching from the TTC
We watched fireworks from the TTC a few years ago just by accident - had left MK early to miss the post-fireworks crowds. It was great. The ferry dock has the best view!

We watched fireworks from the TTC a few years ago just by accident - had left MK early to miss the post-fireworks crowds. It was great. The ferry dock has the best view!
This may be a better option too since we will be going within the last 2-3 days HEA will be shown and it will probably be very crowded

We are staying at Pop Century in 60 days. Is it generally recommended to use the buses to get to MK and AK from Pop? I’m worried that they won’t be running early enough especially if we use the 30 minute early entry

We are staying at Pop Century in 60 days. Is it generally recommended to use the buses to get to MK and AK from Pop? I’m worried that they won’t be running early enough especially if we use the 30 minute early entry
Yes, you would be best yo take the bus from Pop to MK and AK. Buses from Pop are very reliable. If you want to be on one of the first buses it is recommended you arrive at the Pop bus stop 90 mins before posted park opening.

two part question really...
Staying at SSR. Have 9:30am trail ride ressies at Tri-Circle D in FW
Do we take the bus from SSR to MK and then get on boat to FW?

If so, then how do we get from the boat launch at FW to Tri-Circle D?

TIA!

two part question really...
Staying at SSR. Have 9:30am trail ride ressies at Tri-Circle D in FW
Do we take the bus from SSR to MK and then get on boat to FW?

If so, then how do we get from the boat launch at FW to Tri-Circle D?

TIA!
That’s how we’d do it. Then you take the internal bus to the front of FW, where Tri-Circle D is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter