Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Pretty sure the closure is at Epcot, and that the Friendship boats will b e running between THE and the five resorts.

That's the message I'm getting by reading the notice. As long as it doesn't affect the gateway from foot traffic. That would really tick me off! We are staying at both Boardwalk and Beach Club in December. So I'm assuming you can only take the boat to DHS from the Boardwalk area itself.

Best way, using taxis to get from Magic Kingdom on a MVMCP night, back to universal Aventura hotel. Should i walk over to the comtempory and catch a cab, or head over to the ttc and catch one? it'll be pretty late

We have HDD reservations for the 4pm show on New Years Eve. We will be at Epcot that day. I am thinking to leave Epcot at 2pm and Monorail to MK. Then get on the boat to Fort Wilderness. We have never been to FW or HDD so all new to us.
Some questions..
1. We have a wheelchair user in our family who is unable to transfer. Is there a possibility that they won't have the big boat running on NYE? I heard the smaller boats can't accomodate wheelchairs.
2. Is leaving Epcot by 2pm giving us enough time?
3.Is there a better way to get there (keeping in mind that it is NYE I figured we want to avoid busses) We would rather not deal with taxis etc. because it can be a long wait for accessible ones even on a regular day. Thanks

1. Anything is possible, but it's much more likely than not that all boats will be running.
2. Yes but (i really hate that phrase, but it's appropriate here :)) remember you will have to transfer at the TTC monorail station.
3. MinnieVan, but it's $15 base fare plus $2.75 per mile. As far as I know, there is a special number to call to request an accessible one, He'll Services or Guest Relations should be able to help. Don't wait until you leave Epcot. Inquire in advance.

Thank you so much! Good to know we will have to transfer. I have my fingers crossed that they will have the big boat running for such a busy day.

On our arrival night we will be heading to HS and make use of our FP's for a few rides in the evening. We then are having dinner in Disney Springs. I know that after 4pm we can ride the bus to DS. Is that the easiest way? Heard the new bus loop is a bit of a walk. What about taking the boat to Swan/Dolphin and busing from there or uber?

On our arrival night we will be heading to HS and make use of our FP's for a few rides in the evening. We then are having dinner in Disney Springs. I know that after 4pm we can ride the bus to DS. Is that the easiest way? Heard the new bus loop is a bit of a walk. What about taking the boat to Swan/Dolphin and busing from there or uber?

You will spend IMMENSELY more time waiting for and riding the boat than just getting a bus at DHS.

Thank you so much! Good to know we will have to transfer. I have my fingers crossed that they will have the big boat running for such a busy day.
large boats alternate with smaller launches. There is absolutely zero reason why the larger boats would not be running if the launches are (and vice versa). None.

What’s most likely to be the quickest way from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom immediately following ROL? Am I best off just waiting for a bus to MK or would Uber or Minnie Van be faster?

I’m assuming there will be a wait no matter what I choose, right?

Hi all. I think I know the answer but still want to ask. We are at EP and have a 9p ressie at Cali Grill. How do we get there and how much time should we leave?

Thanks!

Hi all. I think I know the answer but still want to ask. We are at EP and have a 9p ressie at Cali Grill. How do we get there and how much time should we leave?

Thanks!
Monorail to TTC, transfer to Resort Monorail to CR. Allow 1 hour 15 minutes.

That was the route I thought. We stayed at the poly last and we used the monorail but walked from the TTC so I never looked into the bus option (except the one time we missed the last monorail because I was shopping then we had to take a bus)

That was the route I thought. We stayed at the poly last and we used the monorail but walked from the TTC so I never looked into the bus option (except the one time we missed the last monorail because I was shopping then we had to take a bus)
There is no bus option for this trip under normal operations. I think you're saying you took a bus from Epcot or MK after park closing and the monorail had closed for the night, which would be a special circumstance.

There is no bus option for this trip under normal operations. I think you're saying you took a bus from Epcot or MK after park closing and the monorail had closed for the night, which would be a special circumstance.

Yes, you are correct. The monorail had already closed for the night.

What’s most likely to be the quickest way from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom immediately following ROL? Am I best off just waiting for a bus to MK or would Uber or Minnie Van be faster?

I’m assuming there will be a wait no matter what I choose, right?
Go to the bus stop. Make your decision there. If the line is so long that you won't get on the next bus, or if a bus just left, then Minnie Van.

Can you please help me figure out the best options for me to get to/from Illuminations?
1. I'll be getting dropped off after dinner with my hubby at AKL. Is there somewhere he can drop me off near the International Gateway entrance?
2. After Illuminations, what's the best place for me to catch a Lyft back to our hotel at Disney Springs?

Get from Port Orleans French Quarter to Art of Animation?

I’m assuming take ferry to Disney springs, then Disney springs to Art of Animation but figured I would ask the experts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter