Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
A. How did you get to the TTC? There might be better options than:
1A. before 4 PM: Monorail or walk to Polynesian, then bus to DS.
1B. after 4 PM: Monorail or ferry to MK, then bus to DS.
2. Approximately every 20 minutes.
3. With any route requiring a transfer/connection, Disney strongly recommends allowing 90 minutes.
4. Bus to Contemporary, monorail to TTC.
Thank you. We would start at the TTC as looking at taking a Disney ship excursion which basically drops you at the TTC.

For Contemporary to Disney Springs (and vice versa for return trip), it's not a single bus?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Direct bus from/to CR, but not TTC.
Thanks...the 90 minutes of travel time scared me...and that we would have to switch buses, wait, etc. Think it's pretty easy getting to Contemporary Resort from TTC by monorail so not a big deal.
Thanks.

• Summer2018

DIS Veteran
    One of my favorite things about Disneyland California was staying at the Disneyland Hotel and walking through Downtown Disney several times a day because it was only a hop skip and a jump away from our room and the parks. We never go to Disney Springs because it is too much trouble.

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Thanks...the 90 minutes of travel time scared me...and that we would have to switch buses, wait, etc. Think it's pretty easy getting to Contemporary Resort from TTC by monorail so not a big deal.
    Thanks.
    No. Contemporary is the fourth/final monorail stop before it gets back to the TTC.

Monorail or walk to the Polynesian to get a bus to Disney Springs.

Bus from Disney Springs to Contemporary to take the monorail one stop back to the TTC.

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Bus 10-15 minutes. If time matters, I would walk, or boat to Boardwalk. Or boat to Dolphin/Swan and walk to BW. Skyliner, you have to go from DHS to CBR, then transfer to the Epcot line, then walk or boat to BW (it's the first stop on the Friendship after leaving International Gateway).

• knlasv

Mouseketeer
    Best way to get from All Star Music to Beach Club using WDW transportation?
    I was thinking bus to DHS then walk. Or is the walk too far?

Ecomommy09

Mouseketeer
    Good day! I'm sorry for all my questions, but we're so close to our trip that I'm tying up loose ends.

We have breakfast at OHana on Wednesday of our stay. It's also the day we are doing the majority of Epcot. My plan is to sleep in (*this means 7 if we are lucky) and then go to the resorts on the monorail system to see all the decorations, ending at the Poly for Brunch at 10am. We will take the monorail back to Epcot and fight that mess to get into the main gate to see Crush, etc.

My question is how best to get to the Contemporary from Beach Club. We need a car seat for my 4-year-old (or at least a booster) and my ODD has a special needs seat belt and her wheelchair. Most every other time we are driving the rental van to our destination, but I *think* we want to ride the monorail back to Epcot. Wouldn't that be faster?

ODD gets irritated by long delays. Maybe we should drive to the TTC and just drive back to the resort...

• scrappinginontario

DIS Veteran
    Good day! I'm sorry for all my questions, but we're so close to our trip that I'm tying up loose ends.

We have breakfast at OHana on Wednesday of our stay. It's also the day we are doing the majority of Epcot. My plan is to sleep in (*this means 7 if we are lucky) and then go to the resorts on the monorail system to see all the decorations, ending at the Poly for Brunch at 10am. We will take the monorail back to Epcot and fight that mess to get into the main gate to see Crush, etc.

My question is how best to get to the Contemporary from Beach Club. We need a car seat for my 4-year-old (or at least a booster) and my ODD has a special needs seat belt and her wheelchair. Most every other time we are driving the rental van to our destination, but I *think* we want to ride the monorail back to Epcot. Wouldn't that be faster?

ODD gets irritated by long delays. Maybe we should drive to the TTC and just drive back to the resort...
    It sounds like parking at either the TTC or Epcot and taking the monorail from there will give you the easiest way to visit the places you want.

Hmmmm....curious though. Now that they Epcot monorail station is within security (I believe) do you need to enter the park to access the monorail? This will work for your family since you were going to Epcot for the day anyways but wondering about other guests. Hadn't really thought about this before.

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
    It sounds like parking at either the TTC or Epcot and taking the monorail from there will give you the easiest way to visit the places you want.

Hmmmm....curious though. Now that they Epcot monorail station is within security (I believe) do you need to enter the park to access the monorail? This will work for your family since you were going to Epcot for the day anyways but wondering about other guests. Hadn't really thought about this before.
    The Monorail entrance has always been inside the security perimeter. Just the exit was not.

They haven't moved the park entrance. Guests coming off the buses now go around the Monorail exit to bag check at the old tram station.

scrappinginontario

DIS Veteran
    The Monorail entrance has always been inside the security perimeter. Just the exit was not.

They haven't moved the park entrance. Guests coming off the buses now go around the Monorail exit to bag check at the old tram station.
    Thanks! I wanted to make sure I was sharing correct information. Appreciate your help!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates