Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

On MK 24 hour day I need to get from Pop to a 5pm ADR at the Contemporary. Should I take the bus to MK and walk? Is the walkway clearly marked and where is it located from the bus area? Or, would it be better to take whatever other park bus comes first and then get the resort bus from that park? I usually drive but this time I'm planning to go to MK after dinner and staying until 6am close and really don't want to drive after that.

Definitely take the bus to MK and walk; the walkway is clearly marked. You can see pictures of the path here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/contemporary-resort-2011-christmas-decorations-and-a-look-around-part-1/

:wave2: Hi there! Forgive me if the following questions have been answered before but this is a very long thread and my eyes are too tired to read through every post :)

For our upcoming trip in September we are visiting a few resorts and places that we haven't been before and I'm looking for the best transportation options to help get us back to our hotel in one piece. It's just my DH and I (both in our late 20s) so walking/changing locations isn't a problem, I just don't know the best way to go about doing it. So here's where I need your help:

- What is the best way to get back to CSR from AKL at around 9:30pm. We have a dining ressie at Sanaa at 7pm and we plan to head back to our resort (CSR) after which I'm assuming will be around 9:30.

-What is the best way to get from the Beach club to the boardwalk? I always assumed we would walk, but is that the best option? We'll be doing this after our dinner ressie at Beaches and Cream as we plan to head to Jellyrolls and see the Boardwalk at night.

-As a continuation of the previous question, what is the best way to get back to CSR from the boardwalk at what I'm guessing will probably be around 11:30 - Midnight?

-What is the best way to get from CSR to WL? I'm thinking the bus to MK and then either the boat or bus to WL but I could be wrong. We'll need to be there for a dinner ressie at 6:55.

-Last but not least, what is the best way to get from O'Hana (Poly) to CSR at around 11:00pm? We have a dinner reservation at 9:15pm and I'm assuming it will take around an hour - 1.5 to eat. After that we just need the best way to get back to our resort.

I apologize for all of the questions, but this is our first trip where we will be visiting other resorts/using the regular dining plan to eat at TS restaurants and I'm completely clueless on the best methods of transportation! :confused3

Thanks for the help!

:wave2: Hi there! Forgive me if the following questions have been answered before but this is a very long thread and my eyes are too tired to read through every post :)

For our upcoming trip in September we are visiting a few resorts and places that we haven't been before and I'm looking for the best transportation options to help get us back to our hotel in one piece. It's just my DH and I (both in our late 20s) so walking/changing locations isn't a problem, I just don't know the best way to go about doing it. So here's where I need your help:

- What is the best way to get back to CSR from AKL at around 9:30pm. We have a dining ressie at Sanaa at 7pm and we plan to head back to our resort (CSR) after which I'm assuming will be around 9:30.

-What is the best way to get from the Beach club to the boardwalk? I always assumed we would walk, but is that the best option? We'll be doing this after our dinner ressie at Beaches and Cream as we plan to head to Jellyrolls and see the Boardwalk at night.

-As a continuation of the previous question, what is the best way to get back to CSR from the boardwalk at what I'm guessing will probably be around 11:30 - Midnight?

-What is the best way to get from CSR to WL? I'm thinking the bus to MK and then either the boat or bus to WL but I could be wrong. We'll need to be there for a dinner ressie at 6:55.

-Last but not least, what is the best way to get from O'Hana (Poly) to CSR at around 11:00pm? We have a dinner reservation at 9:15pm and I'm assuming it will take around an hour - 1.5 to eat. After that we just need the best way to get back to our resort.

I apologize for all of the questions, but this is our first trip where we will be visiting other resorts/using the regular dining plan to eat at TS restaurants and I'm completely clueless on the best methods of transportation! :confused3

Thanks for the help!
Generally speaking, the best way to get from resort to resort is to transfer at an open, nearby park. But, if the parks are closed, that won't work. The other option is heading to DTD and transferring there...but that is time consuming. So....

CSR from AKL at 9:30ish...see if there is a park open and head there and then transfer to the CSR bus. It that isn't an option, head to DTD and bus to CSR.

BC to BW...walk. It takes under 10 mins. Otherwise, you can take the boat..you would take the boat to Epcot. It will come from the S/D, then go to BW before heading to Epcot. When you are ready to leave Jellyrolls, head to the bus stop in the front of BW....there are buses that will take you to your resort. BUT...again, it won't be quick. This bus will make multiple stops along the way, to other resorts.

CSR to WL...bus to MK, boat to WL. I would plan on leaving CSR no later than 5:30ish.

'Ohana to CSR....if MK is still open, go there and take the bus to CSR. Otherwise, take the bus to DTD from the Polynesian and transfer to the CSR bus.

You can always take a cab. When you go to the Bell Services/Valet stand at the resort ask the CM to call a cab for you and let them know where you want to go. Sometimes, if you get lucky, they may offer to drive you! Just be sure to tip them well for doing that!

I haven't been able to search this whole thread so I apologize if this has been answered. Ive never been to the beach club and we have an 8am reservation for our upcoming trip. We are staying at AS-Sports in September.

How do we get from AS-S to Cape May for an 8am breakfast?
-I read somewhere to grab a bus to DHS and walk, is this a good option for early morning? and how long would it take to walk? and what is the route to walk, is it marked or will we get lost (lol)?
-Should I have the desk call a taxi? I sort of hate this option because I think the free transportation is there for a reason, but if its too much of a hassle I will get a taxi. Any ideas on the cost of a ride from AS-S to BC?

Then, what is the best way to get to MK afterwards?

How do we get from AS-S to Cape May for an 8am breakfast?
-I read somewhere to grab a bus to DHS and walk, is this a good option for early morning? and how long would it take to walk? and what is the route to walk, is it marked or will we get lost (lol)?
-Should I have the desk call a taxi? I sort of hate this option because I think the free transportation is there for a reason, but if its too much of a hassle I will get a taxi. Any ideas on the cost of a ride from AS-S to BC?

Then, what is the best way to get to MK afterwards?

Take the bus to DHS. The boats from DHS to BC will not be running that early.

You can walk; it's a little over a mile, so plan based on your walking speed. The bus driver can direct you to the trail to the BW; the entrance is behind the benches near bus load zone 24. When you reach Atlantic Dance, continue across the bridge straight ahead to YC & BC.

You should also be able to get a bus, before the boats have started running. Tell the bus driver where you are going for breakfast, and ask how to get there. The driver should either offer to drop you off there, or contact the dispatcher who will arrange a bus for you.

After bfst. there is a direct bus from BC to MK, just like any other resort.

Take the bus to DHS. The boats from DHS to BC will not be running that early.

You can walk; it's a little over a mile, so plan based on your walking speed. The bus driver can direct you to the trail to the BW; the entrance is behind the benches near bus load zone 24. When you reach Atlantic Dance, continue across the bridge straight ahead to YC & BC.

You should also be able to get a bus, before the boats have started running. Tell the bus driver where you are going for breakfast, and ask how to get there. The driver should either offer to drop you off there, or contact the dispatcher who will arrange a bus for you.

After bfst. there is a direct bus from BC to MK, just like any other resort.

Thankyou :goodvibes:goodvibes

Generally speaking, the best way to get from resort to resort is to transfer at an open, nearby park. But, if the parks are closed, that won't work. The other option is heading to DTD and transferring there...but that is time consuming. So....

CSR from AKL at 9:30ish...see if there is a park open and head there and then transfer to the CSR bus. It that isn't an option, head to DTD and bus to CSR.

BC to BW...walk. It takes under 10 mins. Otherwise, you can take the boat..you would take the boat to Epcot. It will come from the S/D, then go to BW before heading to Epcot. When you are ready to leave Jellyrolls, head to the bus stop in the front of BW....there are buses that will take you to your resort. BUT...again, it won't be quick. This bus will make multiple stops along the way, to other resorts.

CSR to WL...bus to MK, boat to WL. I would plan on leaving CSR no later than 5:30ish.

'Ohana to CSR....if MK is still open, go there and take the bus to CSR. Otherwise, take the bus to DTD from the Polynesian and transfer to the CSR bus.

You can always take a cab. When you go to the Bell Services/Valet stand at the resort ask the CM to call a cab for you and let them know where you want to go. Sometimes, if you get lucky, they may offer to drive you! Just be sure to tip them well for doing that!

Thank you so much! This helped to clarify the ideas in my head tremendously and I really appreciate it! Now I just have to wait the 4 months until our trip and I'll be all set! :cool1:

What time does the boat from Contemporary to fort Wilderness, have 8am trails End resv.

Thanks

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread I'm sure this has been answered a million times!

We have 8:15 am Crystal Palace reservations in MK but the park doesn't open until 9:00 am. Will the resort monorail from the Poly be running before 8:00 am? Thanks! :D

From Yacht Club to Grand Floridian?

We will have our own car, but wanted to know about other options. DH and I are not planning on drinking, but that might change depending on transportation options. Also - What are the taxi options for a party of 5 adults?

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread I'm sure this has been answered a million times!

We have 8:15 am Crystal Palace reservations in MK but the park doesn't open until 9:00 am. Will the resort monorail from the Poly be running before 8:00 am? Thanks! :D

I believe the resort monorail starts at 7 am.

From Yacht Club to Grand Floridian?

We will have our own car, but wanted to know about other options. DH and I are not planning on drinking, but that might change depending on transportation options. Also - What are the taxi options for a party of 5 adults?

Bus to MK then monorail or boat to GF. I'm pretty sure they have taxi vans that can accommodate 5 people.

We have an early ADR at Chef Mickeys 8:15 in June then are planning to spend the day at Epcot. What is the fastest way to Epcot? Resort monorail to TTC then Epcot monorail? Or bus from contemporary to Epcot? Is there a bus? Thanks!

We have an early ADR at Chef Mickeys 8:15 in June then are planning to spend the day at Epcot. What is the fastest way to Epcot? Resort monorail to TTC then Epcot monorail? Or bus from contemporary to Epcot? Is there a bus? Thanks!

Not sure if it is the *fastest* way... but we always take the Monorail from Contemporary to Epcot.

Nope, no bus. PP said it- monorail is the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter