*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

woooh, first post but we are coming to Disneyland Feb 25th to March 2nd. All the way from the UK. A friend is having her 50th in Vegas so we are flying to LA, doing 3 days there for universal, then Vegas, then Anaheim.

We are staying at Double Tree resort, it looked a good deal for a nice room, bit further to walk.

I have been to WDW around 6 times, other half says once per park per 20 years is more than enough. Though in our 4 years together we have done 2 weeks at WDW and got engaged in Disneyland Paris :D Tokyo next maybe :D

Have done lots of planning for our 4 days there - luckily Thursday/Friday will be main days to get stuff done as I believe Sat and Sun (Dapper Day) will be very busy.

woooh, first post but we are coming to Disneyland Feb 25th to March 2nd. All the way from the UK. A friend is having her 50th in Vegas so we are flying to LA, doing 3 days there for universal, then Vegas, then Anaheim.

We are staying at Double Tree resort, it looked a good deal for a nice room, bit further to walk.

I have been to WDW around 6 times, other half says once per park per 20 years is more than enough. Though in our 4 years together we have done 2 weeks at WDW and got engaged in Disneyland Paris :D Tokyo next maybe :D

Have done lots of planning for our 4 days there - luckily Thursday/Friday will be main days to get stuff done as I believe Sat and Sun (Dapper Day) will be very busy.

Welcome! I have added you to the list!

Also...once every 20 years? That's just not close to often enough!

So, other threads I have been on have had a question of the week so here is my first one, if anyone cares to answer. This first one came to me when I was adding everyone to the list in the first post. What does your screen name mean? Mine comes from around 2001 when I used to play a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) named Everquest. My main character was named Aladora and I have used it as a screen name ever since. Not very Disney, I know! :blush:

Mine is lacking in creativity.

I live in Alaska (Ak)

I'm a mom

And a lawyer (esq).

So, other threads I have been on have had a question of the week so here is my first one, if anyone cares to answer. This first one came to me when I was adding everyone to the list in the first post. What does your screen name mean? Mine comes from around 2001 when I used to play a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) named Everquest. My main character was named Aladora and I have used it as a screen name ever since. Not very Disney, I know! :blush:

Madame - I love France, particularly Paris. Been twice and love everything about it. So I used Madame because I'm married.
Rebecca - my name :) lol

After rescheduling more times than I can count, DH and I have settled on my solo trip for Feb 5-8, staying at DI&S. Woo hoo! It's been a few years now since I was at the parks by myself (took my best friend with me this year), and I'm looking forward to the unique experiences that a solo trip brings... I'm also looking forward to one queen size bed all to myself. Oh my, DH is a bed hog, and it's even worse when the grandbabies spend the night and think they need to pile in to our bed at 3am (and then 11yo DD gets to feeling a little jealous, and tries to get in too)! Queen beds aren't meant for 4 or more people! I could probably save a lot of money and just go to the local Motel 6 for the night and probably find it as relaxing, just enjoying that "huge" bed without anyone trying to push me to the edge! ;) Now to find an air mattress to sneak into my luggage so I sleep better on those hard DI&S beds!

My solo-trip goals this time are: closet Disbounding (have my Anna ready, need to figure out a few others), and eating 2 new foods each day. I tend to never stray from my beloved 5-cheese ravioli each night for dinner, so I'm going to attempt to change it up a little!

What does your screen name mean?

My youngest DD's nickname when she was little was "Lala" because she was singing gibberish well before her first distinguishable word... so I'm Lala's Mama.

I'm in Victoria. :)

As of right now, the only refurb I can see for Feb 2015 is this:

01/05/15 - 05/13/15 - Matterhorn Bobsleds

While this list is not always 100% accurate, it's a good place to start:

Planned Ride Closures

I read a rumor somewhere that Soarin' is possibly going to be down. :worried:

Ah the Matterhorn down- I was intrigued to try the new seats- last time we were at the park was the days of the "honours system seat belts/snuggle seats"

After rescheduling more times than I can count, DH and I have settled on my solo trip for Feb 5-8, staying at DI&S. Woo hoo! It's been a few years now since I was at the parks by myself (took my best friend with me this year), and I'm looking forward to the unique experiences that a solo trip brings... I'm also looking forward to one queen size bed all to myself. Oh my, DH is a bed hog, and it's even worse when the grandbabies spend the night and think they need to pile in to our bed at 3am (and then 11yo DD gets to feeling a little jealous, and tries to get in too)! Queen beds aren't meant for 4 or more people! I could probably save a lot of money and just go to the local Motel 6 for the night and probably find it as relaxing, just enjoying that "huge" bed without anyone trying to push me to the edge! ;) Now to find an air mattress to sneak into my luggage so I sleep better on those hard DI&S beds!

My solo-trip goals this time are: closet Disbounding (have my Anna ready, need to figure out a few others), and eating 2 new foods each day. I tend to never stray from my beloved 5-cheese ravioli each night for dinner, so I'm going to attempt to change it up a little!

Living so far away, I've never even thought of a solo trip!

I'm going to try disbounding this trip as well, I have dark hair so I am looking at Belle and Snow White ideas.

Oh, and welcome to the thread, I have added you to the list. :)

Ah the Matterhorn down- I was intrigued to try the new seats- last time we were at the park was the days of the "honours system seat belts/snuggle seats"

I miss the snuggly seats... of course, I was never the "back" person, so it was never uncomfortable to me!

Sadly, I'm not going to miss the fact that the Matterhorn is down. Sorry for others that will miss it, but no loss on my side of things. I felt like I had been bruised up after each ride on it this last winter!

My back hurts just thinking about the new seats and I am pretty sure I get a bruise on at least one knee every time I ride! :headache:

We are thinking about a trip around the 5th-11th (Family Day time in BC) -I'm guessing the crowds will be lower, however possible ride closures and limited entertainment?

I'm in Victoria. :)

As of right now, the only refurb I can see for Feb 2015 is this:

01/05/15 - 05/13/15 - Matterhorn Bobsleds

While this list is not always 100% accurate, it's a good place to start:

Planned Ride Closures
I read a rumor somewhere that Soarin' is possibly going to be down. :worried:

i found this link on another disney forum - http://micechat.com/82221-enhancements-for-disneyland/ don't know exaclty how much weight it holds, as i have never had to have faith in these things before. I have also been told that Its a small world will be closed for the first half of Feb for taking off of christmas overlay

i found this link on another disney forum - http://micechat.com/82221-enhancements-for-disneyland/ don't know exaclty how much weight it holds, as i have never had to have faith in these things before. I have also been told that Its a small world will be closed for the first half of Feb for taking off of christmas overlay

Yeah, that was where I read about Soarin'. On one hand, I hope they are doing the refurb because it really needs one but on the other hand, it is one of my favourite rides so I will be sad to miss it.

Small World is not one that we go on, in fact I am pretty sure we have skipped it 4 of the last 6 trips. However, February seems late to be removing the Christmas overlay, at least I think so.

Always a few down that time of year. They have to spruce up for 60th. Dates seem to adjust a bit so it will be nice as it gets closer for official info.

I like to plan and need that info. :)

Hey yall the DW, DS and I are booked Feb. 14th to the 21st at the campsites in Fort Wilderness Campground.

Hi there! Is Fort Wilderness at WDW or DL? I have never heard of Fort Wilderness so I think you might be looking for a Florida thread. This is a Disneyland in California thread.

Small World is not one that we go on, in fact I am pretty sure we have skipped it 4 of the last 6 trips. However, February seems late to be removing the Christmas overlay, at least I think so.

fingers crossed those who told me have it wrong, as we are hoping to go on this one,

My 1 year old son doesn't really watch t.v. or movies. But the one thing I have let him watch a tiny bit is Winnie the Pooh. Mainly because I bought him this stuffed Pooh bear a while back and he loves it. He really lights up when he sees Pooh on the t.v. I am so excited for him to 'meet' Pooh (though who knows...he may freak out) and to go on the ride.

We had pooh hats and outfits when the girls were born for first pics.

Pooh is so cuddly he is an easy character to meet. Our shy girl met him just fine as a 2 year old on her first trip.

fingers crossed those who told me have it wrong, as we are hoping to go on this one,

Usually Haunted Mansion goes down first to change back to "regular" for a few weeks and then IASW goes down for the overlay change for a couple weeks right after HM comes back up. When we went 2 years ago HM was back Up and IASW was down on the 24th of Jan. So if it is just a few weeks you should be fine. I guess it depends on maintenance needs.

My youngest DD's nickname when she was little was "Lala" because she was singing gibberish well before her first distinguishable word... so I'm Lala's Mama.

Oh no, are the beds really bad? That is where we are staying. All hotel beds are crap to me since we have a Tempurpedic but I was hoping they wouldn't be too horrible since it's for 8 nights.

Darn, I was hoping to try out the new seats too...even though I know they will be awful. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Hey yall the DW, DS and I are booked Feb. 14th to the 21st at the campsites in Fort Wilderness Campground.

I think you're looking for the WDW section of the forum. This is for Disneyland.

---------
I hope It's a Small World isn't down at the beginning of February! I was under the impression it would be back open by then. It's one I really think my son would like. I am nervous about him on some of the dark rides but I thought IASW would be okay for him. :(

Oh no, are the beds really bad? That is where we are staying. All hotel beds are crap to me since we have a Tempurpedic but I was hoping they wouldn't be too horrible since it's for 8 nights. (

The beds are...firm. Very very firm.

My 1 year old son doesn't really watch t.v. or movies. But the one thing I have let him watch a tiny bit is Winnie the Pooh. Mainly because I bought him this stuffed Pooh bear a while back and he loves it. He really lights up when he sees Pooh on the t.v. I am so excited for him to 'meet' Pooh (though who knows...he may freak out) and to go on the ride.

This photo has been on my bedside table for 15 years...it's a VERY young (and very redheaded and very skinny!) me and my husband at DL on our honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter